Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BrendanBrendan shared a merged idea: Sync outlook  ·   · 
    judynjudyn shared a merged idea: Sync in WM 7  ·   · 
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

714 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GuidoGuido commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give use back a suite for direct sync from Outlook to Windows Phone 8. I Need to sincronize my home PC Outlook pst file with the phone as it was possible doing with previous Nokia C7 using Nokia suite. I dont want to share my bussines over the net.

• aC :-)aC :-) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

High Productivity gain and high security requirement - Sync Windows mob via usb cable Client to Client
        SME have asked for this since 2011 - 3 years
        Microsoft has not prioritized or actioned for 3 years - Microsoft have paid the price in that Windows mobiles are now less than 2 % of the total mobile phones sold.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AkrutoSync enables syncing directly with Outlook. The program syncs Outlook data completely and accurately, both ways, and with an unlimited number of devices. It works through Wi-Fi or encrypted internet and syncs automatically after the initial setup.

Their website is here:
        http://www.akruto.com/

• StanInAsiaStanInAsia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to suggest that some idiots here enter all suggestions on one submittal.

• nn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would like to suggest that WP8.1 makes it much easier to select exactly which positioning methods should be allowed.
        - GPS.
        - A-GPS.
        - mobile network based.
        - Wifi based.

- what data may be send and to what extent it is anonymized when sent.

i would like it to be possible on WP8.1 to make backups of contacts and calendar and settings directly to a file. on the phone which then can be copied to a safe place, or via USB to a computer.
        This would serve privacy (not sending to the cloud) very much and at the same time make sure backups can be made.

i would like to suggest that WP8.1 adds a generic internet connection sharing interface over USB. so that the phone connected to a computer (windows, linux, mac) can share the internet connection. this works from symbian phones such as E52, E72 also on linux (redhat) computer.

wifi is good, but cable is less risk of hijacking of network and information.

i would like to suggest that WP8.1 adds a generic mass storage interface over USB so that it works to copy files to/from the lumia phones over USB also to Linux computers.

i would like to suggest that the blue tooth device name settings should be possible to change from the phone.
        this makes life easier when setting up the phone.

i would like to suggest that skype can be used on WP8.1 without syncing to live account.
        this is important if a device is shared and used by many skype users, and some of them do not have live accounts.

i would like to be able to turn off all sync for the calendar and the contacts. this would secure privacy much better.
        i also want the calendar to understand the regional settings from the phone (time format, etc).

• jackjack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

return the phone because MS isnt listening here and hasnt for over two years. Syncing with Outlook isnt going to happen.

Get an Android!

I purchased the Nokia 5012 thinking that the compatibility to Windows would be flawless in terms of it's syncing capability with Outlook. I was extremely surprised to discover that there was no direct sync to Outlook.

For me this is a critical workflow feature that was intentionally left out.

Microsoft: Please restore the ability to sync directly with Outlook.

• IanIan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What on earth has happened to Nokia phones? I have used them for 20 years both as business and personal phones. And I was just about to update to a Lumia windows phone and thank god someone told me there is no direct sync to my outlook on my pc before I wasted my money.
        My whole office is on my pc and it is essential for me to be able to sync my calendar, tasks and contacts directly between PC and phone. I will not ever do this thru some other account on the internet. Not only is security a primary concern with that method but also I do not always have internet access 24/7 with my travels and yet I still need to sync.
        I will be very carefully checking out AkrutoSync and see if it really can meet my requirements. But even so I am thinking that it may still be a mistake to get another Nokia phone as the sync problem is most likely symptomatic of other things that will be foisted onto Nokia users as time goes by.
        Maybe after 20 year as a satisfied Nokia customer the time has come to move on. Samsung seems an obvious choice, an excellent product by all reports and they do have an app that does sync directly with outlook. If Samsung can do it one really does have to ask on earth MS cannot do the same - outlook is a MS product after all.
        MS really must get much much more customer focused or the Nokia phones will go belly up all over again. Haven’t they got the message yet they have a lot of very serious competition, most of who are much more attuned to customers needs.

Whoever decided that you should force users to go through a cloud in order to sync should be fired from Microsoft.

AkrutoSync provides this option now. All data within Contacts, Calendar, To-dos, and Notes gets synchronized completely, directly and automatically with this program.

The data always stays on your devices and never passes through the cloud. After the initial installation, your Outlook data just syncs in both directions. The sync is perfectly accurate. Highly recommend giving it a try for free:

www.akruto.com

After the 7 day free trial, there is a modest $25 lifetime cost for the license. The company offers superb technical support.

Microsoft, we love lumia phones, but please give us the possibility to sync directly to the pc using usb, wifi or bluetooth

Don't force us to put our data on the cloud!

massimo

• CindyCindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have to duplicate contacts and calendars in order to book appts with other outlook users. Faster to use a paper calendar and phone!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35

Feedback and Knowledge Base