Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BrendanBrendan shared a merged idea: Sync outlook  ·   · 
    judynjudyn shared a merged idea: Sync in WM 7  ·   · 
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

693 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousrAnonymousr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One would think that logic would prevail on this one. I had an interesting but frustrating discussion on this point with the SVP of MS or whatever his title was for phones when the sync feature was discontinued. He was so arrogant and was more interested in corporate strategy than customers' needs. Perhaps the new CEO will bring a customer focus, which is what every business needs, large or small. The prior CEO's attitude prevailed throughout the organization. I was surprised at how long it took him to "stand down."

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the Nokia phones, but will NOT buy one unless I can sync it to my local Outlook.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AND THEY WONDER WHY WINDOWS PHONE IS AND WILL FAIL - one day some genius will figure out how to break into database and everyone's information will be on all over internet.Can MS give A reason for not able to sync locally. or some duffer thinks it is not secure ?????

• CepronCepron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's why no one else in my family uses WP. They use Android and iPhones, but I'm the only one with access to a local sync server. Missing local Sync is also the reason why I advertise Android and the only reason why we don't use Lumias as demonstrator phones at work.

It is very necessary. I need to it very much. I plan my tasks on outlook (offline) and i can;t sync my windows phone 8 to my outlook on PC.

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just purchased a Samsung ATIV S Neo on Sprint from Amazon. I like the phone, however it is going back tomorrow. I could easily sync my Android w/Outlook using "My Phone Explorer" a great free app. Now, MSoft demands that i give them access to my personal data in order to sync. Not bloody likely. Goodbye Windows Phone 8...we hardly knew ye.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you guys manage to bring local sync of calendar and contacts to Windows phone and 8, I will switch from my current configuration of Mac and iPhone. They have taken away that possibility, and I am outraged.

Have Nokia Lumia 1020 (with windows Operating System) and can't sync directly with my Outlook Calendar? Really?

• RayRay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could give my 1020 back, how do you buy a Windows phone and not be able to sync to a Windows package, Outlook. Stay with Blackberry it could. For the rest it is a great phone. Please listen Microsoft and Nokia or is that the same company and maybe the problem

• FritzlyFritzly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to have notes, categories and colours on my phone. WM was, and comparing features still is, way better for business users.

We got one to try business use.
        Finally we returned the Phone.

Maybe we think about it again, when Windows Phone 8 left its childhood and has been grown up.

Without direct sync to Outlook, it's useless for our customers.

• RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It really has nosense that I can directly sync an iphone to outlook via itunes and it's absolutely impossible to directly sync a windows phone 8.

Are you MS encouraging me to be an iphone user forever in order to be able to enjoy that basic funcionality?

Is that difficult for you MS to update the activesync software to give support to WP8? It worked great for windows mobile many years ago...

If you don't solve his problem soon it will be clear that you are primarily focused in stoling contact data from your customers just in the google way, and you were not google, you had activesync available to all your mobile phone customers and decided to go backwards and end with it.

• Richard CRichard C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"...Microsoft has been paying close attention to telemetry data that shows the MAJORITY of Windows 8 users STILL use a keyboard and mouse AND desktop applications." - Engadget

HELLO? MICROSOFT?? ANYONE THERE????

We need... demand direct and full sync with Outlook. NO CLOUD!!!

• Mikael S HedmanMikael S Hedman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to tell you that this was easy as pie on my iPAQ (Windows Mobile 3.0) more than ten years ago ...
        WHY, WHY, WHY doesn't someone at Microsoft (with permision to speak to "the people") have the deceny and once and for all tell us if full sync ever will be developed ... After all it's we who pay there enormous salaries and bonuses. Syncronization with the cloud as a middle man = a risk to be hijacked? Hijacking during syncronization with a USB kabel, well maybe it's if you are both deaf and blind ...

• Hezi CohenHezi Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't understand why we can't sync outlook locally will you please at least gives us a reason why Microsoft cancel this service?

• BarryBarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ohhh yes they listen! Then they do nothing about it!
        As they want to control your communications their way not ours!

Return the phone if you can or just let everyone you know about MS LACK of HELP!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34

Feedback and Knowledge Base