Please enter your feature suggestion...

Turn-by-turn GPS

Turn-by-Turn GPS applications that include voice commands and driving instructions

4,543 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

198 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Glenn SGlenn S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

mapquest for iphone just updated it gives free to use voice nav with multitasking so you can take a call while having it still bounce directions at you. Google maps is also voice turn by turn and good you can drive around and have it give you directions

with mango we still have tap to voice come on MS they are killing us

• Jonathon StevensJonathon Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed for sure and shouldn't be too difficult to implement since Bing Maps already does most of the grunt work.

• ChocolatdropChocolatdrop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very usefull at the if it can be used off-line ! I have to travel and cannot get data access everywhere.

• BenDTUBenDTU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use TomTom daily on my iPhone. Having Turn-by-turn available on WP7 would be a very compelling reason for me to switch once my contract is up.

• mjohnsonmjohnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GPS turn by turn is useless...it is trash... I would be ashame to release this thing if I was a company.. I lived in Atlanta..and this thing cannot even put you on a road...what's wrong with Microsoft...is this rocket science..? ook at google free gps solution on Android... if those guys can do it, how about MS?

• DerekDerek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need Turn-by-turn voice guided gps that I don't have to touch at all.
        I'd like to be able to have the map take up the whole screen, as my screen is already pretty small (coming from a 4.3 display)

• DavidinCTDavidinCT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pay off the licence (I know that is the issue) and give US turn by turn with out having to touch the screen.

• pc_nohbdypc_nohbdy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes but we still have to keep taping the screen for the lady to give us directions which is counter intuitive when you dont want the phone in your view and you want both hands on the wheel or shift. You just want to hear the directions.

• PakElmsPakElms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tested the navigation yesterday and it works fine. i only tap once when i missed the exit and recalculate.

• Yakko WarnerYakko Warner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's there is nice, so far, but there is room for improvement. Don't make me tap, and beep at me when I get close to the turn so I know when it's time to turn. Plus, pre-downloading and caching relevant maps (source, destination, and turns) will help when driving in and out of dead zones or "home" areas (when data is off for roaming).

• HenryuHenryu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do not forget to put this into CHT/CHS/KOR UI again. I am very disappointed that MS has pull this out from those 3 languages (Even setting the search language to ENG(US/UK)), not sure if they think the Asia market is not important at all, and can be ignored?

• John HJohn H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While this is somewhat already available on Mango, voting +1 on this because this feature needs to be improved. One being that it should not require a tap at every turn to hear the next command (major distraction to driving!). Second is that it should give you a command when it's actually at the right place to do so, not giving a command 5km beforehand and expects you keep count on how many kms you've gone since.

Feedback and Knowledge Base