Control ringtone and media volume separately
Vocie from Chinese users. These TOP feedbacks are got from a very popular Chinese Windows Phone forum.
1. Separate volumer controls for apps/ringtones
2. Orientation lock: seems to the screen orientation lock in Surface
3. Full-Level Brightness: from 1% to 100%, same to Surface
4. Wubi language input: Wubi is a familiar language input in China. Many users have problems in using Pinyin
5. Notification Center: A location to see all notifications
6. Enable Alarm when phone is power off: many users power off the phone while sleeping, but they still want the phone to have a morning call.
7. Don't power on phone when charged: Users would like to charge the phone when they are sleeping, but don't want the phone to be power on.
8. Code Show: The ability to show where the call is from. In China, a phone number belongs to a city only. When there is incoming call, and the caller is unknow contact, users are willing to know which city the incoming call belongs to. They then can decide to answer or ignore the call.
9. BlackList/Block Callers: When users block a number, all calls from the number will be blocked. Same to "Block Sender" in outlook.
10. Call history: Call duration, another view to see the history that is not grouped by people and is sorted by datetime
11. Short cuts to turn off/on WIFI, bluetooch, Cellular data from a area such as Charm Bar in Windows 8
This is a very basic setting that has been available in mobiles since the start of the millennia! The ringtone should remain fixed to a volume level and the media volume should be able to be changed with the side buttons.
Because all of us wants a stable ringer volume and for media we change a lot of time.
The OS system settings needs to have a category to set an independent volume level for things like ring, alarm, music, and so on.
For example, I like my phone ring either quite loud or on silent but i need my alarm volume to be quite low (i wake up in a blind panic every morning as the volume is always left too high). My old android phone could do this and its really quite annoying WP7 can't.
lots of ppl are missing calls because of it. (the low volume stays low after headphones removed)
need ringtone volume separately from music and alarm volumes
Present limitation is that you need high phone volume while sleeping. the alarm volume should be full with ringer volume off and vibrate on
Different volume controls with and without headsets plugged-in, without the need of having to manually turning up and down the volume when headset is disconnected.
I think they should have different control. Everytime I need change the sound volume before I play games
Multiple volume controls for ringtones and incoming sms/email/etc tones. Also would be appreciated a graphic equalizer with some default presets + custom set
I'd like to see separate audio profiles for media volume versus ringer volume.
Windows Phone 8.1 now offers separate volume controls for Ringer, Notifications as well as Media & Apps
i wan't to know if it is also possible to set de alarm volume separate from the volume for ringer notifications and media and apps in windows Phone 8.1
These so called “Smartphones” are a big rip-off!!!
Companies sale more marketing propaganda than product quality … Many simple, basic, common sense features are overlooked.
is it possible in windows Phone 8.1 to set the alarm volume seperate,if not i won't buy a nokia lumia 930
Steven Pena commented
Sorry, I should have noted in my comment below that I'm using WP8.1DP - so this "feature" still is not completely implemented.
Steven Pena commented
No - this has not been completed. There are only separate controls when you're not using either Bluetooth or a plugged in headset. If you're using either of those devices, there's still only one volume control.
Cory Rs commented
Fuck this idea. Adjusting my volume now is such a pain ********** now.
Have to agree with you, BP. It's also annoying that restarting my phone now lowers Bluetooth, headphone, and a myriad of other volumes to 13, and you don't find out about until the next time you need it and there's minimal audio output.
Completed, but it would be better in WP8.1 that pushing the volume button brought all options up - Ringer/Media/Earphones. That way, you wouldn't have to unplug the earphones to adjust the Ringer volume
I'm form Brazil and have a lumia 820.
I can't change the volume of the music after it started.
And is very annoying the fact that Control ringtone and media volume are the same. You want just lower the volume of the music and them the volume of your ringtone lowers to. If you forget to incriase the volume after you listened the music, you wil not listen your calls
What's the release date for WP 8.1?
@Terrato: Bad for you, as WP8 is such an awesome OS!
@Aditi: This feature comes with WP8.1 ...
I am wonder if WP8.1 is available for Nokia phone right now?!!
@Anonymous: It's actually 3 klicks/taps now for muting: volume rocker, expanding arrow, sound type icon. Or tap the vibration icon.
but now we cannot change to vibrate or mute by one touch. We have to reduce the volume to make mute enable.
Could one of you admin guys answer why this took so long? This was like the most voted suggestion on the page for 3 years or so!! Why have these feature suggestions if you're not going to do anything about them?
what is the point of telling me this when I can't get the 8.1 update ?.
How do I get separate ringtone and media volume?
Scott Williams commented
Closing all the windows phone 7 issues by saying windows 8 does it is a huge lazy cop-out. There is no UPGRADE path, so why don't you just say Ts it is and close them all as:
"There is no further development of Windows Phone 7, this issue will not be investigated or fixed"