Control ringtone and media volume separately
Vocie from Chinese users. These TOP feedbacks are got from a very popular Chinese Windows Phone forum.
1. Separate volumer controls for apps/ringtones
2. Orientation lock: seems to the screen orientation lock in Surface
3. Full-Level Brightness: from 1% to 100%, same to Surface
4. Wubi language input: Wubi is a familiar language input in China. Many users have problems in using Pinyin
5. Notification Center: A location to see all notifications
6. Enable Alarm when phone is power off: many users power off the phone while sleeping, but they still want the phone to have a morning call.
7. Don't power on phone when charged: Users would like to charge the phone when they are sleeping, but don't want the phone to be power on.
8. Code Show: The ability to show where the call is from. In China, a phone number belongs to a city only. When there is incoming call, and the caller is unknow contact, users are willing to know which city the incoming call belongs to. They then can decide to answer or ignore the call.
9. BlackList/Block Callers: When users block a number, all calls from the number will be blocked. Same to "Block Sender" in outlook.
10. Call history: Call duration, another view to see the history that is not grouped by people and is sorted by datetime
11. Short cuts to turn off/on WIFI, bluetooch, Cellular data from a area such as Charm Bar in Windows 8
This is a very basic setting that has been available in mobiles since the start of the millennia! The ringtone should remain fixed to a volume level and the media volume should be able to be changed with the side buttons.
Because all of us wants a stable ringer volume and for media we change a lot of time.
The OS system settings needs to have a category to set an independent volume level for things like ring, alarm, music, and so on.
For example, I like my phone ring either quite loud or on silent but i need my alarm volume to be quite low (i wake up in a blind panic every morning as the volume is always left too high). My old android phone could do this and its really quite annoying WP7 can't.
lots of ppl are missing calls because of it. (the low volume stays low after headphones removed)
need ringtone volume separately from music and alarm volumes
Present limitation is that you need high phone volume while sleeping. the alarm volume should be full with ringer volume off and vibrate on
Different volume controls with and without headsets plugged-in, without the need of having to manually turning up and down the volume when headset is disconnected.
I think they should have different control. Everytime I need change the sound volume before I play games
Multiple volume controls for ringtones and incoming sms/email/etc tones. Also would be appreciated a graphic equalizer with some default presets + custom set
I'd like to see separate audio profiles for media volume versus ringer volume.
women get back in the kitchen!
MARK THIS **** COMPLETED *****!
Jonathan Ibañez Cojuangco commented
Also @Microsoft please organize this website in marking these things complete, and I see that Mobile Guru posted this idea, so they should know more than anyone else... please organize this website and make a separate section for ''completed'' and ''under development'' ideas.
Jonathan Ibañez Cojuangco commented
Thankfully this has been confirmed to come in Windows Phone 8.1 (Blue). :-D
Resolved in WP8.1 isn't it?
Blake T Walsh commented
This is completed in 8.1, which anyone can get the developer build of.
This really should be marked as completed in Windows Phone 8.1
why can't l update my phone
my phone Lumia 920 please help me....
Porfavor solucionen ese problema.
Roman Royter commented
This is done in WP 8.1. I just tried it and it works, so I'm removing my vote.
It's coming. Use your votes for something else.
I downloaded WP 8.1 SDK some days ago and indeed this feature is included. Now when you press the volume rocker on your phone, the volume bar on the screen has a little arrow which reveals two separate sliders for ringing and media. Thank you, Microsoft.
Please separate volume controls for ringtone volume and master volume, allow volume to be reduced using master volume but always default the level to its preset.
Looks like this is finally coming with the WP 8.1 update free to all phones with WP8 so I'll be removing my votes.
It is inconvenient to control two separate features with one control
Non è possibile che ci sia un unico volume per tutto!!!
Sistemate il problema per favore!!!
E' assurdo che un 1520 con quello che costa non abbia questo tipo di regolazione!!!
Vaibhav Gangal commented
Volume level for incoming call should be separated from rest of the media volume like songs, videos, games...