Control ringtone and media volume separately
Vocie from Chinese users. These TOP feedbacks are got from a very popular Chinese Windows Phone forum.
1. Separate volumer controls for apps/ringtones
2. Orientation lock: seems to the screen orientation lock in Surface
3. Full-Level Brightness: from 1% to 100%, same to Surface
4. Wubi language input: Wubi is a familiar language input in China. Many users have problems in using Pinyin
5. Notification Center: A location to see all notifications
6. Enable Alarm when phone is power off: many users power off the phone while sleeping, but they still want the phone to have a morning call.
7. Don't power on phone when charged: Users would like to charge the phone when they are sleeping, but don't want the phone to be power on.
8. Code Show: The ability to show where the call is from. In China, a phone number belongs to a city only. When there is incoming call, and the caller is unknow contact, users are willing to know which city the incoming call belongs to. They then can decide to answer or ignore the call.
9. BlackList/Block Callers: When users block a number, all calls from the number will be blocked. Same to "Block Sender" in outlook.
10. Call history: Call duration, another view to see the history that is not grouped by people and is sorted by datetime
11. Short cuts to turn off/on WIFI, bluetooch, Cellular data from a area such as Charm Bar in Windows 8
This is a very basic setting that has been available in mobiles since the start of the millennia! The ringtone should remain fixed to a volume level and the media volume should be able to be changed with the side buttons.
Because all of us wants a stable ringer volume and for media we change a lot of time.
The OS system settings needs to have a category to set an independent volume level for things like ring, alarm, music, and so on.
For example, I like my phone ring either quite loud or on silent but i need my alarm volume to be quite low (i wake up in a blind panic every morning as the volume is always left too high). My old android phone could do this and its really quite annoying WP7 can't.
lots of ppl are missing calls because of it. (the low volume stays low after headphones removed)
need ringtone volume separately from music and alarm volumes
Present limitation is that you need high phone volume while sleeping. the alarm volume should be full with ringer volume off and vibrate on
Different volume controls with and without headsets plugged-in, without the need of having to manually turning up and down the volume when headset is disconnected.
I think they should have different control. Everytime I need change the sound volume before I play games
Multiple volume controls for ringtones and incoming sms/email/etc tones. Also would be appreciated a graphic equalizer with some default presets + custom set
I'd like to see separate audio profiles for media volume versus ringer volume.
Please add it
Lucas Callero commented
What's so difficult about it Microsoft?? I know you tried to **** everyone up with this crapWP, but this is too much
Please add this function
Why is it taking so long to provide this basic functionality? Unfortunately, none of the WP reviews highlight problems like this one. I've been fed to believe that the lack of sufficient number of apps is the only prominent problem. Microsoft must be thinking it is the PC era of 1970's and customers are left with no decent alternative. To capture market, back good hardware with decently build software/features.
This is the most necessary feature, improve it quickly!!!
Please microsoft, add function!
When wakes separation media and phone calls? Already exhausted with it all!
Please add this function.....
Need seperate volume control for music & ringtone. In my phone music cannot be controlled I.e. Even if I make volume '0' i.e. On vibrate still music carries on at the same volume. Using Lumia 720.. Supposedly the latest product. Need patch for this urgently pls.. Its very irritating... Stopped listening to music as cant adjst volume... & pls get the radio feature rolling soon. Thnx.
I really dont understand why you guys need years to get this sorted... really sad, that this is hanging here around for more than 2 years on top rank and you seem like playing on your feets. DREAM of more marketshare if you behave like this, i feel bad for Nokia that they jumped on your boat - waiting that you finally deliver...
Very need this function(((
WE NEED IT EVERY DAY!!
Anonymous Window commented
This feature loss annoys me everydays!
Pankaj MG commented
NEED THIS FEATURE BADLY...
my alarm fails to wake me up.. :(
There are times when I connect my wired headset and feel like my ears are damaged. I have stopped listening to music. 7, 7.5, 8.
It is so annoying to miss calls just because i want to turn the volume down on videos and games if i want to mute a game it mutes my ringtone as well why hasn't this been fixed
please add a function to turn off the gravity sensor .and move the "bing" search away from the "HOME" botton. why can't we install the "skype "on the window phone in china? why can't we use the windows phone to do vedio call?
Separate volumes for ringtone and music is needed. This is irritating to miss calls due to low volume and jolted by big music volume. No good. It is such a nonsensical hindrance prevents customized use of one's phone. Please FIX!
El Shaarawy commented
idiots still wait for it???? :)
i have to change volume up down too many time. why android better.