Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    WPJCCWPJCC shared a merged idea: Voice from Chinese Users  ·   · 
    AbubakerAbubaker shared a merged idea: ONE THING! We need different volume settings for ringtone and media like music and games!  ·   · 
    Ravish SinghRavish Singh shared a merged idea: Ringer and Media volume control must separate.  ·   · 
    Bruno FerreiraBruno Ferreira shared a merged idea: Make the music volume independent from the ringer volume  ·   · 
    sf12345sf12345 shared a merged idea: Independent volume control for ring/alarm/music  ·   · 
    AndreiAndrei shared a merged idea: independent volume for ringtone  ·   · 
    MozhaisMozhais shared a merged idea: ringtone volume  ·   · 
    ferfer shared a merged idea: separate alarm volume control  ·   · 
    MantisBoyMantisBoy shared a merged idea: Control volume of headsets and phone differently.  ·   · 
    bugforeverbugforever shared a merged idea: why keyboard sound ,game sound and ringtone sound share the same the same volume?  ·   · 
    DicolucDicoluc shared a merged idea: Allow user to adjust ringtone volume and other notification tones separately  ·   · 
    iveysiveys shared a merged idea: Separate Audio profiles  ·   · 

2040 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • OwenOwen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was excited about this being implemented, but it needs work. On a number of occasions using WP8 I had my ears blasted with super loud notification noises, having turned up the volume to listen to a quiet video/song (with headphones on), ideally this change would have fixed that problem, but it still occurs because the OS seems to treat FB Messenger notifications, WhatsApp notifications etc. as "media" as opposed to notifications. Also, we've now lost the ability to quickly silence by holding down the minus button on the volume rocker.

• AndréAndré commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i wan't to know if it is also possible to set de alarm volume separate from the volume for ringer notifications and media and apps in windows Phone 8.1

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These so called “Smartphones” are a big rip-off!!!
        Companies sale more marketing propaganda than product quality … Many simple, basic, common sense features are overlooked.

• AndréAndré commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is it possible in windows Phone 8.1 to set the alarm volume seperate,if not i won't buy a nokia lumia 930

• Steven PenaSteven Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, I should have noted in my comment below that I'm using WP8.1DP - so this "feature" still is not completely implemented.

• Steven PenaSteven Pena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No - this has not been completed. There are only separate controls when you're not using either Bluetooth or a plugged in headset. If you're using either of those devices, there's still only one volume control.

• xpxp2002xpxp2002 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have to agree with you, BP. It's also annoying that restarting my phone now lowers Bluetooth, headphone, and a myriad of other volumes to 13, and you don't find out about until the next time you need it and there's minimal audio output.

• BPBP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completed, but it would be better in WP8.1 that pushing the volume button brought all options up - Ringer/Media/Earphones. That way, you wouldn't have to unplug the earphones to adjust the Ringer volume

• JulianaJuliana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm form Brazil and have a lumia 820.

I can't change the volume of the music after it started.

And is very annoying the fact that Control ringtone and media volume are the same. You want just lower the volume of the music and them the volume of your ringtone lowers to. If you forget to incriase the volume after you listened the music, you wil not listen your calls

• Gerzhwin Gerzhwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous: It's actually 3 klicks/taps now for muting: volume rocker, expanding arrow, sound type icon. Or tap the vibration icon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

but now we cannot change to vibrate or mute by one touch. We have to reduce the volume to make mute enable.

• kosmoskosmos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could one of you admin guys answer why this took so long? This was like the most voted suggestion on the page for 3 years or so!! Why have these feature suggestions if you're not going to do anything about them?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 101 102

Feedback and Knowledge Base