Control ringtone and media volume separately
Vocie from Chinese users. These TOP feedbacks are got from a very popular Chinese Windows Phone forum.
1. Separate volumer controls for apps/ringtones
2. Orientation lock: seems to the screen orientation lock in Surface
3. Full-Level Brightness: from 1% to 100%, same to Surface
4. Wubi language input: Wubi is a familiar language input in China. Many users have problems in using Pinyin
5. Notification Center: A location to see all notifications
6. Enable Alarm when phone is power off: many users power off the phone while sleeping, but they still want the phone to have a morning call.
7. Don't power on phone when charged: Users would like to charge the phone when they are sleeping, but don't want the phone to be power on.
8. Code Show: The ability to show where the call is from. In China, a phone number belongs to a city only. When there is incoming call, and the caller is unknow contact, users are willing to know which city the incoming call belongs to. They then can decide to answer or ignore the call.
9. BlackList/Block Callers: When users block a number, all calls from the number will be blocked. Same to "Block Sender" in outlook.
10. Call history: Call duration, another view to see the history that is not grouped by people and is sorted by datetime
11. Short cuts to turn off/on WIFI, bluetooch, Cellular data from a area such as Charm Bar in Windows 8
This is a very basic setting that has been available in mobiles since the start of the millennia! The ringtone should remain fixed to a volume level and the media volume should be able to be changed with the side buttons.
Because all of us wants a stable ringer volume and for media we change a lot of time.
The OS system settings needs to have a category to set an independent volume level for things like ring, alarm, music, and so on.
For example, I like my phone ring either quite loud or on silent but i need my alarm volume to be quite low (i wake up in a blind panic every morning as the volume is always left too high). My old android phone could do this and its really quite annoying WP7 can't.
lots of ppl are missing calls because of it. (the low volume stays low after headphones removed)
need ringtone volume separately from music and alarm volumes
Present limitation is that you need high phone volume while sleeping. the alarm volume should be full with ringer volume off and vibrate on
Different volume controls with and without headsets plugged-in, without the need of having to manually turning up and down the volume when headset is disconnected.
I think they should have different control. Everytime I need change the sound volume before I play games
Multiple volume controls for ringtones and incoming sms/email/etc tones. Also would be appreciated a graphic equalizer with some default presets + custom set
I'd like to see separate audio profiles for media volume versus ringer volume.
Pablo Tomazini Torezani commented
Microsoft, this is a simple option any phone should have. Please, fix this. It sucks when I turn down the volume when listening to music or watching vídeos, and later my phone rings and I don't hear it!
Please add this feature :(
New messages and votes every-single-day... and still no response from Microsoft?... how can this possibly be?
Craig McNeill commented
Yes. I agree. It is awkward. Please get this sorted.
Why ur MS guys do not agree with user? Please Please Please add the feature, and please add switch for Gyro.
Thomas S. commented
it still can't set different volumes for music and notifications...why?
WP8 OS for Phone!!! not for PC!!!
This is very frustrating. I just told two of my friends about this issue. They were considering buying new Nokia Lumia phones but aren't anymore. Is this so embarrassing for Microsoft that they are trying to sweep their omission under the rug, or what's going on?
Sandeep Shandilya commented
This is the most important feature that i need. I used all my known email ids to get the more votes
what the ****.... why anybody from admin side hasn't repiled on it yet.. it's sick you haven't done this primary function...
I have a WP7 phone for my mother (myself I'm using Android, because of this issue). My mother is ****** too, so now that it is time to change the phone (her LG is barely working anymore...) we're looking for what to buy next. WP7 was fine... except for this issue.
It is an absolute dealbreaker. It makes the phone unusable. Because of it I find it impossible to recommend or even buy a WP7/WP8 device. Microsoft is wondering why no one buys it? Simple. THIS ISSUE. It has the second most votes (and there are other features like this, so if you add all of them up it's probably the biggest issue). Those who buy a WP phone without knowing are ****** off when they find out, those who find out before buying will skip it. Everyone seems genuinely surprised that you can't control the volume separately. It's a feature you expect from any phone within the last 10 years. It's like a phone where they left out the feature to send SMS.
Microsoft should at least give the option to activate a mode where you can change the volume separately.
please make it!
Adam 'Palmlix' Palmer commented
Just got a windows phone and very surprised that this isn't an option. Very very surprised, microsoft, what's the hold up exactly?
Noppadon Wingwon commented
please make it! on future updates!!! :D
porfavor porfavor, please "control ringtone and media volume separately" english and spanish please....
I agree, this should be fixed ....
1075 comments (not counting this one, of course) in two years... that's 730 days, that's 1.4 comments a day... and NOT ONE ANSWER FROM MICROSOFT in all that time... they just don't care... better move to Android.
@The guy below me:
Don't worry man, you have plenty of time... it's been more than two years and Microsoft doesn't care about it, they WON'T fix it, this is all just a way to keep us entertained and make us believe that they are reading what we post, just a placebo.
My god, you even screwed this !? I cannot believe it ! I will get rid of that windows mobile faster than you'd ever start working on fixing key issues.