Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    davekatsdavekats shared a merged idea: removable storage, swapable sd cards  ·   · 

74 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree. This is not 'completed' because the HTC 8X and the Lumia 920 do not have the micro-SD expansion slot on them. Until the flagship phones have this, this is not completed. Limiting the customers to only 16GB is not good marketing in 2012 when your competition, the iPhone gives their customers a 64GB option. You cannot hope to draw iPhone users unless you match every spec, and that includes memory. Either 16GB+64GB micro-SD or 64GB+64GB micro-SD. But just 16GB in 2012? That's asking to be case aside.

• John EgbertJohn Egbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it standard when so many hardware venders are freely electing to not add an SD slot. This is not standard if every phone does hot have to have it.

• Peter SchottPeter Schott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, it's sort of announced for WP8. It's allowed, but not a standard as we've seen with the flagship models from Nokia and HTC. A step in the right direction, but it would be nice if this were a requirement instead of just allowed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont buy a phone with only 32 GB. On my N8 i have 48 GB with SD-Card. i want 64GB and more. If you make a sd-card slot i can buy the memory i use and not the memory that yout think i need.
        Skydrive is a good Thing, maybee in 10 Years, when i have conections to the net all over the word to a low pris, but not yet ... sorry about my english

• Morne'Morne' commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have item, creating a phone without it is a bad oversight and if anyone sugested it the HE should be fired from his job

• TheTerchooTheTerchoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

today you want SD CARD tomorrow when hand set will be slowdown cause of it then you will cry to Microsoft think before demand :)

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree. Nowadays everything is shared over the network or internet anyway.
        It will just increase cost of the H/W -> price.

• grant maxwellgrant maxwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. Even if it isn't removable. Having it removable brings to many errors and trouble. Make it like the focus

• ShayShay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree!! Its very aggravating to have to upload pics to pc, then save them to jump drive, just to have them printed at a print-yourself kiosk...I know I can print at home, but I like printing at kiosks better...

• NicNic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apart from useful storeage, it also gives you an easy way to transfer files. SO YES!

• Jay SklaroffJay Sklaroff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the Samsung Focus with a 32GB micro SD card, have it completely filled with all my music, works great! However I would like to upgrade to a new phone eventually with a front facing camera but I don't want to lose all that storage! Hopefully Apollo generation phones will have the ability to add a micro SD card.

• KashmaNiaCKashmaNiaC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the sole reason that I (and I suspect many more) don't have a Windows Phone. I need my smartphone to be a convergent device - one that can completely replace my MP3 Player.

Windows Phone is the only smartphone platform with a future that does not cater for such.

• Venkatesan MeenatchinathanVenkatesan Meenatchinathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These days, nobody likes to carry multiple portable devices with them. I only want to carry my cell phone with me and that means I want to keep my music collection, photos, and videos with me. Particularly, I want to carry my music collection with me wherever I go. I can't believe this scenario is not supported eventhough it is a very common use case and is supported by the competition. I want more memory, at least 32 GB, in the form of onboard memory or expandable via microSD card. Skydrive only helps with storing photos and videos. But does not work for music well because I don't want to stream my music from Skydrive. I am not even sure if that is a supported feature. I just want to be able to carry my music with me and be able to listen to it whenever and wherever I want...even in places that have no cell signal or WiFi. Save me from the iPhone, Windows Phone!!!

• lipihardjlipihardj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as much as i love windows phone, this is something that i can't argue with android and iphone users. how can i defend myself from being mocked by not having SD expansion? Skydrive is not the answer!

• RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dont undestand why MS miss these basic features, its a big fault.
        The phone market is very agressive and the plataform migratios is very fast, the users dont forgive basic errors.
        if WP wants to really compete with ios and android, needs to put the most of features suggested in this site.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base