Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AngelAngel shared a merged idea: Is very important to have VPN, now is impossible conect with my job  ·   · 
    Sheeba RaySheeba Ray shared a merged idea: Add Cisco SSL VPN support in Windows Phone 8  ·   · 
    anandanand shared a merged idea: Need urgently vpn client  ·   · 
    hxshxs shared a merged idea: VPN connectivity  ·   · 
    JoviJovi shared a merged idea: VPN support is needed  ·   · 
    PappelapappPappelapapp shared a merged idea: vpn client  ·   · 
    wazzuengineerwazzuengineer shared a merged idea: Remote Desktop & VPN. Ability to access sharepoint outside of corpnet.  ·   · 
    izadizad shared a merged idea: VPN (pptp)  ·   · 
    pouyanpouyan shared a merged idea: please add VPN :(  ·   · 

1036 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim LJim L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this completed? There's no support for SSTP, DirectAccess nor PPTP.

• CarlosCarlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ms is a joke they release a phone that is missing such an important feature like VPN, i got stock want to use sstp with wp8 but no luck we better off with linux

• Benoit HAMETBenoit HAMET commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't even support SSL VPN natively
        You are asking to install an app and you don't even provide one
        please do a good job and implement VPN support correctly!!!!!!!!

• Gareth RobertsGareth Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sorry but this is feature incomplete. PPTP, L2TP/IPSEC are very widely used. This is unfinished and I hope an update is rolled out to add this soon.

• FabienFabien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The WP 8.1 lacks of support for most popular VPN type (Ex Cisco) makes it close to useless for compny use.
        It seems to me this is the most important feature for professional use.

• KyleKyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, PPTP is a MUST, and SSTP should be there as well. Unbelievable that IKEv2 is the only option.

• tech_edtech_ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah...but *IT'S THE WRONG TYPE OF VPN!!!!* Yes, I'm yelling here because it seems you take one step forward and then fall back on your @$$ backwards! Where 99.999% of the computing public uses PPTP or L2TP VPN, Microsoft in their infinite wisdom decided to use a version of VPN that almost *NOBODY* uses! But hey! In sticking with the Microsoft Only theme, the IPSEC VPN that is being implemented is only used on Windows machines...and then it's Windows 7 or 2008 or higher. So yeah...thanks for the VPN...*NOT*
        Home users and SoHo users use opensource routers or prosumer routers to route their traffic from their internal networks out to the internet. The majority of these routers (Monowall anybody) offer PPTP and L2TP., NONE of them use IPSEC SSL. NONE!
        Lame!
        Fuggeddit Microsoft...I'm sticking with an industry standard on my Android device. My Monowall router offers me the VPN choices I need. No point in even trying with you anymore!

• Jiří ZídekJiří Zídek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And DirectAccess ? There was a big push towards DA and big hate to VPN in 2008R2/2012 wave, so please be consistent!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks MS for being such jerks about adding a feature that should be standard in your OS. I cannot use WP8.1 on my phone, so you expect me to buy a new phone just to have the feature? I will buy a new phone, but with Andriod so that i can do what i need to.
        Talk about supporting your own Os and making it work.. sheeesh

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft: tell about WP8.1 VPN capability to corporate customers!
        My company forced employees to use Android and iOS devices by security reason

← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52

Feedback and Knowledge Base