Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

88 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm voting for gapless playback in Xbox Music for WP 8.1. I haven't used Zune for a couple years, but gapless on 8.1 would be great.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Je ne suis pas le seul à m'étonner que le gapless ne soit pas supporté!!! Edt-ce si difficile que ça à implémenter???

• iainiain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My granddads hand-cranked gramophone player did gapless. It was manufactured in 1937.

Virtually all club/dance music is recorded gapless. Many classical albums are recorded gapless. As are countless other rock and pop albums.

Some of the greatest albums of all time (by total sales), for example Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd are recorded for gapless playback.

Xbox music RUINS all these albums by playing them incorrectly. It is a defect in the software that really ought to be taken seriously.

It should be an embarrassment for Microsoft that its customers need to keep an iPod on hand to play music as it was intended to be heard.

Microsoft: Please employ some audiophiles into the Xbox music team. Your mission should be to provide the best music service on the planet, but it seems like you are appealing to the lowest common denominator instead.

(That my Surface spell checker keeps on changing gapless to hapless sums it up this sorry state of affairs quite nicely..)

• OviOvi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gapless is really basic. Going to a significantly inferior experience than an 8 years old iPod offers for me is no deal. Professionally also I feel sorry for how the team at Microsoft dealt with the issue. I am not an Apple fan but I cannot imagine such rubbish being allowed in an Apple product. It looks that WP is not yet ready for me. Other mobile platforms fortunately are...

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been asking for this since Windows Phone 7 was released.... I give up. Shame.
        I pretty much don't use Music because of the lack of this feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the few shortcoming of WP8 whicht really, really annoy me! Please fix it - it can't be that hard!

• Stuart IrvingStuart Irving commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is stupid, it took MS years to fix it in WMP, now XBOX music comes along along and we've regressed.

Such regression errors are a sure sign of amateurish management.

Classical, Live, Concept and DJ Mixed albums all BROKEN. You try listening to Roger Waters' Amused to Death and see just what a hash you have made of it.

Good job guys! NOT!

I guess the people at MS are still downloading individual tracks by No Direction and patting themselves on the back for a job well done.

• Michael from GermayMichael from Germay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't Microsoft do at least one thing nearly perfect as bitten apple - i'm using Microsoft products since 1986 (DOS 2.11) and bought me a Lumia 720 several weeks ago: Great OS, well crafted hardware but no 'Gapless play'????
        For me this seems to be comparable to MS Surface 2 Pro without UMTS Option ...

• Niavlys77Niavlys77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe how little the votes are on this one...this really ruins listening to albums - please MS, fix this asap!

The whole music experience from WP7 to WP8 was bad enough as it is - can't we get a little something in return for having to deal with Xbox Music...?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't use my Lumia 920 phone to play DJ mixes for my friends without hearing the music interrupted between the tracks. The beat should continue seamlessly. We always end up using a friend's iPhone instead and it's embarrassing. Bring Gapless playback please.

• Joseph CarlsonJoseph Carlson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need gapless playback! There are so many albums out there that are meant to be played in sequence, with no gaps between tracks. Other devices on other platforms had this working years and years ago....

• heartshearts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd buy 2 Nokia 520 as music players to replace my old Ipod if gapless was supported. But as it stands now, these are unusable as Ipod replacements!

Geeze Microsoft, how hard is it to read ahead into the next block.

• AulinAulin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gapless is a big MISSING in xbox music and on Windows Phone music player as well. For this reason I'm using an old Android phone with a specific app.
        A bis step backwards.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base