Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gilbert TayGilbert Tay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think is time for me to move on to iOS, Android got too much add.. WP with tons of disappointment and frustration for 2 lousy years... Bought this phone for the camera capabilities. It seems to depict the purpose when comes to sharing... If I need a desktop to share my photos, I rather carry a DSLR with me all the time... It makes no sense, too much restriction... and developer is not listening... and rolling out updates too slow... It's been a nightmare for 2 years... If I were to list out all the problem with the phone/software... I don't think an A4 paper would fit. Bye!!!

• YogiYogi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope this was Microsoft's silly idea, not Nokia.

I buy a Nokia Lumia because of their great camera.
        Thats was Nokia Lumia selling point!

Whats the purpose of uploading very low quality photos from your best and special moments?
        Do you want to trade your best moments for lowest mobile data bill?

I dont want that! Really, thats stupid idea!

I hope microsoft would update all wp7 and wp8, to fix this issue.

And please remove "upload to skydrive" context. It is OneDrive now.

• EnricoEnrico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Nick: just give to the user the possibility to choose the dimension he wants to send / share.

• Milo RankinMilo Rankin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What are you people using? I'm on a 920 with WP8, and I can send pictures at whatever size I wish.

• ThijsThijs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

seriously and why is the skydrive auto highres upload only supported in a few countries?!?! what possible rationale is behind that?!?

• Tanj BennettTanj Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pointless to have a good camera and not be able to email originals or upload to other apps. Instead you have to set the option to use WiFI and then wait until your phone has been in a wifi zone and then use a PC to really work with the photos .. that is just so last century. A smartphone should be capable of sending originals.

• SheppoSheppo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WP8 allows syncing of full resolution images to skydrive when connected over wifi

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just give the user the choice of what dimension / image compression they wish to send/share the image. Sometimes I want to email a full sized photograph (esp when I'm on wifi), sometimes I just want to email an 800 x 600 image when I'm out and about. The ability to do so is already in the OS because it chooses one dimension/compression for email, and another dimension for skydrive.

• PhillPhill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sharing photos via any service (social, email etc) as well as the option to upload all photos automatically to SkyDrive should be in the original size/format. At the very least there should be a system setting that allows for "Transfer Photos at Original Size" with a warning that data transfer will be higher (because naturally people will complain if they aren't warned). I have an LTE phone with great camera (Lumia 900) and yet sharing to Facebook the photos look like they were taken on a 5 year old blackberry, not cool at all....

• An DuyAn Duy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iOS let its user choose which resolution they wish to email their photos in. So unless Microsoft updates this quickly, they'll lose an important point.

• StefanStefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important for us!

I need to mail the pictures in full size and full resolution!

• ccdc15ccdc15 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since SkyDrive turned off social update on the Mobile uploads folder, I would also like to be able to chose the folder to upload to...one that has social feeds turned on! Especially if you allow full resolution photos...give users the control of the folder permissions

• csuttercsutter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needs to be done. I was almost shocked to see my pictures were resized to a basically useless size during upload to SkyDrive. If iCloud can do it...

• NiklasENiklasE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should really be a choice and default to full-size. I have free full 3G connection and the pictures are not abusive data transfer. It would be nice also to be a choice to sync them over wifi automatically as well for those with limited 3G connection.

• DevilSpawnDevilSpawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Picture quality is bad enough on cell phones already, by the time you reduce the resolution the image is completely worthless. The only value this currently has is if you captured some truly magical moment and your phone gets nuked...well at least you have some version of it left to remind you of the amazing photo you once had.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base