Please enter your feature suggestion...

Blinking LED notification for Missed Calls Email SMS

Display a blinking LED notification when there are missed calls, voicemails, emails, text messages (SMS) etc waiting for you. Also, a blue LED when Bluetooth is on would be a great option. It enables the user to know something is awaiting is attention by just looking at it, without even picking up the phone. No more turning on Power to know what awaits you.

37,250 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WP7 UserWP7 User shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DavidDavid shared a merged idea: Chose windows key light as a breath light  ·   · 
    Giovanni Giovanni shared a merged idea: Use the center button serves as LED  ·   · 
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

Thanks for your missed calls suggestion. Always great to see such great feedback and excitement about this feature. While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. Keep those votes and suggestions coming!

594 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • siddharthasiddhartha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i guess blinking is NOT POSSIBLE. instead, the whole SCREEN should get ON,now it just sounds on alerts for email and msgs.

• edisonedison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

por favor ponerle las luces led para notificar las cosas como llamadas mensajes bateria baja etc harían del celular espectacular

• wp_ideaswp_ideas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unless Microsoft require all OEMs to include an LED in their products, I can't see this one being a priority anytime soon. My old 8X has LEDs but my new Lumia 930 does not and also does not support Glance so where does that leave me?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is BADLY needed. Peek is wonderful but we need the notification light. The Windows softkey would be great for that purpose.

Display a blinking LED notification when there are missed calls, voicemails, emails, text messages (SMS) etc waiting for you.

• Jonathan LukeJonathan Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely think this would be a nice feature. On the other hand, the glance screen accomplishes this task as well. Although some may not like it as much, it is good for phones that don't have the capability to display multicolored LED notification lights at all.

If app reviews are important to you, please consider my proposal: https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/6250175-improve-appstore-review-setup

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With bbm coming to windows phones, this would be a great feature to have, I'm really dissapointed that it doesn't have one already, what the **** nokia ?!? Sort it out.. I've become so dependeant on this on blackberry add it please !

• Msjames GuionMsjames Guion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this is added then Please leave the option to keep the lights off. They are very annoying at night when charging your phone by your bed.

I was perplexed when I got my Lumia 920 last year. It was my first smartphone, but it wasn't so smart. My old HP Veer and before that my LG Lotus both had a light-up indicator that I had messages, vmail, or email waiting. I couldn't believe that the Windows button on my 920 didn't do the same. Not very smart to have to display the screen to see these notifications. Why was this not a feature from the beginning?

• Khaled4vokalzKhaled4vokalz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And Also for Charging...... whilw charging it will Blink....and the blinking will stop if its full.....

• Joseph PughJoseph Pugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only recently came over from Android to WP. The main reason was the feature set on the Nokia 920. This is the one glaring omission. As an IT professional with on-call responsibilities, I can't afford to miss notifications/calls. The ability to enable a reminder sound or visual queue would be a great addition.
        If Microsoft doesn't feel that it is worth the effort, please provide the ability to check the status of messages and calls via the API. Obviously my phone knows when I have an unread message so the value is present. I don't need any other detail than "read/unread" for messages and "missed/received" for calls and this would be solved.

it was always helpful to have missed called alerts in most of the Nokia phones I had. I was disappointed the Lumia 625 has not such important feature.

• AndreaAndrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Lumia 930 (without Glance Screen...), I'd like very much to notice a missed call without touching the phone!!

Hola hablo de Colombia deseo por favor es necesario que un teléfono le alumbre el bombillo led de notificación me encantaría mucho

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My L925 start button blinks when its is charging. It is very noticeable and that would be great for this idea. when a miss call of a message comes when under lock screen or glance screen blink the start button. That would notify us to check. I think its great

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Feedback and Knowledge Base