Please enter your feature suggestion...

Allow pasting in the phone dialer

Please consider allowing the users to "paste" a phone number that was copied in an email or an SMS in the phone dialler. I receive phone numbers via email or sms and I have to memorize them before I can dial the number. You can do this copy-paste in Android and its extremely useful.

6,058 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Emrah AlpatEmrah Alpat shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mary VictorMary Victor shared a merged idea: Allow copy & paste in the phone dialer  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

This feature is now available in Windows Phone 8.

And as always, if you think this feature, or any other, needs improvement, be sure to create a new product suggestion so we can track it and other users can vote on your ideas. And while we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

152 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dances With Clouds.Dances With Clouds. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not upgrading to WP8 until there is a phone with a physical keypad and WP7 still does not have pasting enabled within the phone dialer so why close this!

• KoralKoral commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have to be kidding! This was missing in WP7 and you didn't implement it in WP8 when it came out!?
        And now if I want that fix I need to upgrade to WP8... while I can't!?!

• Mark57Mark57 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is NOT completed. My phone has Windows, and cannot handle Windows 8. Ergo, the issue still remains.
        I suggest you support Windows 7 users too; then you can classify it as "completed".

• n8n8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to make this available from the calendar, I can click to dial from calendar but I often join meetings that have a 6-8 digit meeting id I need to enter once in the call. I was able to do this with my android if the phone number and meeting id were in a certain format like phonenumber/meetingid

At minimum it would be great if we could highlight something and save to clipboard and be able to pull that down from notification area or something like that.

• SuhasSuhas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can paste the numbers in dial screen.
        Please copy the number from anywhere and open calls, then click to dial button and swipe to right to enable the paste option, thats it..!

• Real McCoyReal McCoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys please vote on this http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/2294827-cursor-in-phone-dialler-to-allow-editing. Like iOS, WP has no cursor in the dialer. Sometimes we need to change some digits at the beginning of the number. Right now the only way to do is to erase the digits and then make a change. Bad UX that is in both iPhones and Windows Phones!

• micheal essarymicheal essary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I made an app, PasteDialer, look me up. TheTechZombie, so that you can paste and call, save, or text a number.

• SovamindSovamind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a frequent annoyance for me. I have ADHD and having to remember a number to type it back in is very difficult (European numbers can be quite long). Right now I have to write it on a scratch piece of paper, or keep flipping back and forth from screens.

• Bart KempsBart Kemps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WP7.8 is not EOL so PLEASE fix this!

I had to look for a pencil to copy down the phone number from a website. (and when you fix this, PLEASE make it easy to select (012 - 345 67 89) in one go. So be tolerant towards dashes, spaces and braces.

• Don De FrostDon De Frost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mobile Guru seems to do the "Copy n Paste" gig almost perfectly. Ha.

Wish my Lumia 620 could do the same.

This seems to be a GRAVE issue ! Windows guys, have it fixed ASAP.. People look forward to entertainment, not boring lectures on "moral ethics". If you have a problem letting users download, quit the mobile business right away. Android is way ahead when it comes to File downloading

• Michael BowmanMichael Bowman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've seen all phone numbers show up as links to click on that automatically open up in the dialer. That doesn't happen for you?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base