Please enter your feature suggestion...

Better podcast support

Podcast support is poor (at least for those of us outside the US).
1. You can't add a podcast subscription from your phone. This has to be done from the Zune client on PC. Perhaps opening an RSS feed in IE should surface an option to subscribe to it in Music+Videos.
2. You can't tell the phone to update your feeds and fetch new episodes. I'm not sure what logic it uses to determine when to download new episodes. But it's not predictable. If I want to listen to daily shown on my commute to work, this isn't possible, as it probably won't update feeds in the morning before I leave for work. Very frustrating, this one.
3. Enable Marketplace support for more markets.

3,091 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Daniel JacobsDaniel Jacobs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Manual podcast setup  ·   · 
    JimmyfloyddJimmyfloydd shared a merged idea: allow podcast rss feeds to be added manually instead of having to use zune software  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: better in- phone podcast support  ·   · 

115 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Podcast app is headed in the right direction, but needs bug fixes to be useful. Consistently resets the status of my podcasts to unread and downloads old episodes.

• RicardoRicardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Podcast support is poor, I agree.
        What if you also keep a record of what podcasts I'm listening to, so I can get off the bus and into my office and continue listening to my podcast in my PC?
        +1 on the comments that say that there's no way to know when the phone will look for new podcasts.
        Also, the phone only will look for podcasts while on WiFi, even if it's a tiny 5MB podcast, it won't use my data plan even if I allow it to. Frustrating.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I say Podcast support, I mean, put that in X-Box Music, not a separate podcast app. Why do we have to have multiple apps when we started with a single Hub to take care of all this for us? Why are you backtracking on the Hub concept? I don't see XBM/XBV getting updated any more frequently being broken up. Put them back together, call it Zune, and put podcasts back into it.

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WP7 handled podcasts well enough, then I get a Lumia 1020 and am told to use the store to subscribe and...nothing for Canada. I found iPodcast to fill the void, and it's good, but why the heck should I have to? Booo! I say boooo! (I used the same comment on another idea, but podcasts are important to me!)

• chinljchinlj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is getting ridiculous. Are we outside of US getting podcast support anytime soon?
        No answer no hint. Must well say it out loud since day 1 that you don't care about podcast and people outside US.

Podcasts should also be available across the entire world from within X-Box Music - no restrictions whatsoever. They're free. If I'm in the UK, Australia, Germany, US, or Canada, I should be able to download podcasts from within X-Box Music.

Put podcasts in X-Box Music. Every podcast that is currently available in Zune desktop. It is utterly ridiculous that this wasn't done already.

• Yuan TaizongYuan Taizong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iTunes has 1.000.000 I want Microsoft to beat EVERYONE at ANYTHING and ANY-TIME, we must have a better O.S. with better Podcasting support, Zune has this feature, and as a Windows Phone 7.x user I have little trouble, but the newer version of the O.S. lacks many functionality on the Desktop to sync such files.

• ScottyScotty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft have by inaction (except removing this feature) given their answer - a no, go away

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is extremely annoying and senseless not to be able to download and sync FREE PODCASTS from the Store if you live outside the US...

• Rob BurnhamRob Burnham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the way WP8 has the Podcast folder hidden by default. This only makes managing the Music folder all the more difficult, and it's already a mess.

I would like to be able to tell my phone to store each type of media (Video, Podcast, Music, Pictures) in a different storage area (SD card or internal memory). If not that, at least allow us to make the SD card a part of the total system memory as you could with some WP7 devices.

• FelixFelix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is definitely screwed up. I had downloaded podcast lounge, but that quickly filled up the inernal memory cause it was blocked from using the memory card. The only option is taking podcasts from itunes with the windows phone app, but it really is handicapped that the 'podcasts' choice is available in the store in the US but not in the rest of the world.

• Agosto NuñezAgosto Nuñez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the Xbox Music app for Windows 8 to offer Podcast supports and add a podcast library to Windows' libraries for easier syncing.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base