Please enter your feature suggestion...

Fix Exchange 2003 email reply issue

When replying to an email in a Exchange 2003 inbox on the phone(OS 7.5-7.10.7720.68) the original email text is not included in the sent reply.

466 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    EricEric shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

159 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • masri muhamad isa masrimasri muhamad isa masri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Facebook sangat baik bagi kegunaan sejagat.banyak yang dapat kita sembangkan dan juga ilmu,pengalaman.terimakasih,atas usaha anda yang memberikan kemudahan.

• Matthew RicciardiMatthew Ricciardi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My DM said I could not use my phone to reply to email, because of this issue. I now have to return phone and buy an apple phone. I dislike apple very much, but no choice. Fix it!!!!

• Ken SeymourKen Seymour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just got an update on my phone which purports to resolve this very problem! I will check soon....
        Ken

• WilsonlastWilsonlast commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

You may also check how to send SMS from MS Exchange 2003 with Ozeki NG SMS Gateway:
        sms-integration.com/p_106-ms-exchange-2003-sms.html

BR

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The conversation thread breaks when you reply using windows phone. What is the mail app doing to the subject or headers that this is happening?

• Ericy2kEricy2k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sba, you need to have the latest firmware .7740
        I heard my friend in Hongkong they are fine with this update since they can update new firmware without via any carrier, but in us have to wait for the carrier release it to you. All people in the us have to wait for the next update "Tango" hope have it soon and can be fix the corporate email issue.

• sbasba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ericy2k commented that the fix is in update 7.5.7740 or 8XXX. I am on 7.10.7720.68 and still a problem.

• Ryan JorgensenRyan Jorgensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This affects me on an HTC Trophy from Verizon. I was shocked to see this behavior. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake switching to Windows from Android. All my business communication requires that the original message be included in the response. My customers find this confusing. Sometimes I have several replies as part of the same email conversation and no-one knows which question I'm answering when I reply.

• sbasba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge miss for the test team that let this bug by. It is not only an Exch 2003 issue. We have Verizon service with HTC Trophies and the current update or previous on several phones in the family paired with a small business on Exch 2003 or on the current Exch version at a huge multi-million $ company. It's another frustrating way MS is pushing me to buy Apple and go iPhone! Fix it ASAP! I'll volunteer to test!

• PhilPhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Affecting users with HTC HD7 devices. Very frustrating. Along with a myriad of other issues iwth Exchange 2003 such as the constant prompt for your password.

• Shelley RileyShelley Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can confirm this issue and it does impact business. I would welcome a fix from Microsoft, as an upgrade to Exchange 2010 is not planned for the 'near future'. Thanks in advance!

• Ericy2kEricy2k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to update the new firmware to 7.5.7740 or 8XXX, but the ****** ATT don't want to release these update for all ATT WP7, however, you have to wait for the "Tango".
        I heard from someone said M$ only release these to carrier if they requested... what the **** M$ doing, WHY don't release by themselves to all user like what Apple doing?

• Richard DiehlRichard Diehl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do i get this fixed? i have searched the internet and have not seen the fix. When i called ATT they "never heard of the issue". If you know, please let us know how to proceed. Thanks.

• Scoob101Scoob101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys please bear in mind that this fix has already been competed by Microsoft and its will the carriers to roll out. Not really fair to continue to bash MS for something they have actually fixed.

My phone has been updated some time ago and replies and forwards now work correctly.

• Richard DiehlRichard Diehl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am shocked that Microsoft has issues between its own products. This is the best OS I have used but am considering going back to droid to get my email strings. That is needed in business communications.

• TJTJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

M$ please fix this issue. Winphone7 is the best OS I have used. Don't tarnish an excellent record now with silly issues like missing the original message on a reply. I really don't like Android or iOS.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe I even have to vote for this to be fixed.... I'm a strong proponent of WP, but this really makes me shake my head.

• Missy FoleyMissy Foley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When replying on my mobile device, all my replies and forwards do not include the information that was in the email. I'd love to have this fixed. Thank you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base