Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    teusjeteusje shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

795 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dimitar StanevDimitar Stanev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cortana and Bing for everyone. Even if the local services don't quite work yet, we can wait for that. But totally cutting everyone else, other than the US is abslutely unfair, from my point of view. We know that it's for test purposes, it's meant to be an early release and such, but the rest of the world doesn't feel very good about it !
        So, if the voice of the people is to be heard, please, let us have all the Bing features, Microsoft ! So many people have already agreed, I bet more will vote for this too !

• jimjim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since windows phone (Bing& Bing maps) partnership with Nokia (HERE maps,city lens , drive) also with third party application like foursquare could try merge them.

• Ivan ĆulumIvan Ćulum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this. If I set my region to US, Bing suddenly becomes awesome rather than meh. But, I don't want my distance and temperature units in US-Imperial. :(

• Jonny LinJonny Lin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Zealand here, and everything works fine if I set my region to US. I am not even talking about the location specific features:
        Music and Movie 'cards', for US, if I was to search for movies and artists, it comes with a dedicated page for the movie/artist, but it doesn't come up if I set my search region to English (New Zealand).
        <rant>
        WHY DOESN'T IT?
        I mean, seriously, it's just a flag in the registry and it enriches the experience of the phone by a whole lot.
        It's like having a great opportunity to market Windows Phone and Bing, all you have to do is flip a little switch (just ask one of your summer interns to do it, he/she could do it within an hour, trust me)
        I don't see any legal/marketing/business reasons for NOT selling your own product!
        </rant>

• santhosh princetonsanthosh princeton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, windows phones are already lagging in Apps, and they want to make their smart phones dumber by not including the features they develop to other countries!!

• ShyamShyam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Bing WW is not on par with the US version, even after so many years, something is seriously messed up with their priorities. If Bing cannot bother with other markets, please allow Google as an option for default search provider. Why should users be hamstrung for lack of features in their home market?

Bing team, is anyone listening?

• مه مه ت روزنىيازمه مه ت روزنىياز commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ھەق يولدا ئىزدىنىپ ماڭغانمۇ كەتتى.
        دۇنياغا ېۈگۈرۈپ چاپقانمۇ كەتتى.
        ئەركەكتەك ياشىغان يولۋاسمۇ كەتتى.
        توشقاندەك ياشىغان ئاجىزمۇ كەتتى.
        قىزلارنى ئۆز قولىدا بۇزغانمۇ كەتتى.
        جاھانغا تۆھپىلەر قوشقانمۇ كەتتى.
        گۇناھقا باشچىلاپ پاتقانمۇ كەتتى.
        سەبىردە ئۆزىنى تۇتقانمۇ كەتتى.
        مەجبۇرى تېنىنى ساتقانمۇ كەتتى.
        ھايانى كۈيلىگەن قىزلارمۇ كەتتى.
        پۇل ئۈچۈن ئىماننى ساتقانمۇ كەتتى.
        دوسلارغا جان بەرگەن مۇڭداشمۇ كەتتى.