Please enter your feature suggestion...

Custom sounds for SMS, MMS, Email, Notifications etc

Custom sounds for SMS, MMS, Email, Notifications etc, I know we can do ringtones on Mango but you can't set custom SMS sounds, email ect.

78,983 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GunztaGunzta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Bob TrabuccoBob Trabucco shared a merged idea: Customizable sounds for text messages and other notifications.  ·   · 
    ClaudeClaude shared a merged idea: Custom Notification Sounds  ·   · 
    JoeScubaJoeScuba shared a merged idea: Custom Alert Tones!  ·   · 
    tom47015tom47015 shared a merged idea: SMS Ringtone which can be set for every contact  ·   · 
    MCKYFANMCKYFAN shared a merged idea: Ability to create custom sounds for "new/incoming" text messages!  ·   · 
    T.J. RendinoT.J. Rendino shared a merged idea: Custom ringtones on text message alerts, email alerts, etc.  ·   · 
    vincent5226vincent5226 shared a merged idea: customized SMS, notification and email ringtones (sounds)  ·   · 
    Nicholas OlguinNicholas Olguin shared a merged idea: Custom SMS sounds  ·   · 
    BillBill shared a merged idea: Custom Email/SMS alerts/tones for contacts, just like existing custom ring tone feature for calls.  ·   · 
    Justin GreenJustin Green shared a merged idea: Create custom alerts for text, email, voicemail, alarms and calendar.  ·   · 
    iCaptnspauldingiCaptnspaulding shared a merged idea: Custom Text Message Tones  ·   · 
    Emmeran RichardEmmeran Richard shared a merged idea: SMS Sound to be configured and choosed  ·   · 
    redmondoredmondo shared a merged idea: Custom sound tones for phone, text, email, etc.  ·   · 
    g33kg33k shared a merged idea: Ability to configure different sound for each email account notification  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

This feature is now available in Windows Phone 8.

And as always, if you think this feature or any other feature needs improvement be sure to create new product suggestions so we can track them all and other users can vote on your ideas. And while we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

2997 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • sureshsuresh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it will be nice if u add the home screen list type to the grid and something new that is customisable and a few more options

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was 'updated', in my case, I set my ringtone to "Hey, LISTEN!" from zelda.

Then when windows 8.1 (cortana) came out, they moved it. You could not longer see the SMS sound in the sounds panel, but you CAN go into "change app sounds" and you'll notice that 'Messaging' is an app.

Here's the odd/ buggy part - if you think you're in the right spot, and check that sound to change it (my wife got annoyed at my SMS sound) it'll display "Nokia - Default".

Since this was NOT my zelda sound, I figured I was in the wrong place, but alas, if you DO change that, it will go back and update your actual SMS sound.

It's just a little 'bug' that it doesn't correctly display the sound file when you first upgrade to 8.1

• Inf4mouskidInf4mouskid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok since apparently every one here can't seem to add a simple custom alert to their device I'll be back to post video on how to do so.

• ElGeeElGee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you set custom sounds for Windows 8? I tried adding from the Configurations Menu in Notifications but there are no custom sounds from my phone available, only the default ones.

• rickierickie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I first got my Nokia 520 I could set custom message tones..since the update I cant and now I'm stuck with this **** ******* tone..******** Nokia I'm going back to my old Samsung

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE!!!!!! WE NEED THIS!!! I have recently switched to windows phones and instantly fell in love. i ve had iphones, androids galore, blackberry the works and i just cant give up the W8. this is my second phone and i break em every month or so so please fix this for all of us!!!!!

• CCCC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got the 8.1 version - cant set general sms-sound... Must be a bug...when are you going to fix it?

• ChgiChgi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In "Settings > Notifications + actions" every App has the "Notification sound" set on "default", but there is no place where this default ringtone can be set.

• xpxp2002xpxp2002 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This isn't complete. Changing the Messaging notification sound in 8.1 changes the unique vibrate pattern. Please fix this (again).

When will this be available? I have a Windows X8 and can't currently add a custom ringtone. Every other phone has it, I've even seen little, old flip phones that have it! I have the perfect ringtone picked out and would like to set it for my text messages, not my calls. Please add this to the next update

• Inf4mouskidInf4mouskid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@anonymous we can do this ask ready. If you can't either you haven't updated your phone or you really don't know how to use it

• Gerzhwin Gerzhwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With WP8.1 you enable banner notifications for the desired app, go into settings > notifications and edit the app specific settings.

• *~No*~*va*~*lie~**~No*~*va*~*lie~* commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE provide this also for Windows Phone 7!!!! With my Lumia 800 I can add custom ringtones, but not the alerts for messages or emails :(

PLEASE update for INDIVIDUALITY ;) We want change also the message tones!

Hello,
        Please provide custom sounds to set for Message as well as Email tone. which is not in my Lumia 620.(Windows Phone 8 OS)

• allancmallancm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can add custom ringtones/alerts in the folder Ringtones when you connect the phone to a PC.

And those new ringtones/alerts will be an option in the regular dropdowns of any alert in Windows Phone 8.1 for any app that shows up in the notifications + actions menu.

So I think for Windows 8.1 is finally complete.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 148 149

Feedback and Knowledge Base