Please enter your feature suggestion...

Custom sounds for SMS, MMS, Email, Notifications etc

Custom sounds for SMS, MMS, Email, Notifications etc, I know we can do ringtones on Mango but you can't set custom SMS sounds, email ect.

78,993 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GunztaGunzta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Bob TrabuccoBob Trabucco shared a merged idea: Customizable sounds for text messages and other notifications.  ·   · 
    ClaudeClaude shared a merged idea: Custom Notification Sounds  ·   · 
    JoeScubaJoeScuba shared a merged idea: Custom Alert Tones!  ·   · 
    tom47015tom47015 shared a merged idea: SMS Ringtone which can be set for every contact  ·   · 
    MCKYFANMCKYFAN shared a merged idea: Ability to create custom sounds for "new/incoming" text messages!  ·   · 
    T.J. RendinoT.J. Rendino shared a merged idea: Custom ringtones on text message alerts, email alerts, etc.  ·   · 
    vincent5226vincent5226 shared a merged idea: customized SMS, notification and email ringtones (sounds)  ·   · 
    Nicholas OlguinNicholas Olguin shared a merged idea: Custom SMS sounds  ·   · 
    BillBill shared a merged idea: Custom Email/SMS alerts/tones for contacts, just like existing custom ring tone feature for calls.  ·   · 
    Justin GreenJustin Green shared a merged idea: Create custom alerts for text, email, voicemail, alarms and calendar.  ·   · 
    iCaptnspauldingiCaptnspaulding shared a merged idea: Custom Text Message Tones  ·   · 
    Emmeran RichardEmmeran Richard shared a merged idea: SMS Sound to be configured and choosed  ·   · 
    redmondoredmondo shared a merged idea: Custom sound tones for phone, text, email, etc.  ·   · 
    g33kg33k shared a merged idea: Ability to configure different sound for each email account notification  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

This feature is now available in Windows Phone 8.

And as always, if you think this feature or any other feature needs improvement be sure to create new product suggestions so we can track them all and other users can vote on your ideas. And while we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

2977 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • FrustratedFrustrated commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe that such a simple feature is not available in the first place! cannot choose custom tone! no flashlight!, no compass! no timer!.

Sure you'll say that, there are a lot of apps in the store.

My point is this,

For a Very simple feature like timer,compass, flashlight, I'm going to give up my privacy in exchange????

Most of this developers are asking for your videos,picture libraries, contact info, private data etc.

Most of this features are pretty standard for a smartphone!

Goodness! I made a mistake purchasing a Windows Phone.

You just lost one future customer! but who cares right???
        Anyway, Bye and good luck Windows phone!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another request for the ability to add custom sounds for incoming text messages + the ability to add a specific text sound to contacts as well.

• Charles Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

don't think I am going to buy another Nokia, may be it can be done in the newer 8 os, going to put it down to a bad choice, and buy a different brand phone next week, was going after the Lumia 1020 but when you have just spent just on £ 300 for a Lumia 900 that has left you completely disappointed, you don't go and make the same mistake

• CatsCats commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

j'ai un lumia 820 et je voudrais changer les sons émis lors de la réception d'un nouveau sms ou E-mail parce que ceux qui sont inclus dans le prgm n'émettent pas un son suffisament puissant. Mais impossible d'y parvenir avec un pgrm d'ajout de sonneries (les ajouts ne se placent que dans la liste des sonneries) on ne retrouve rien dans la liste "nouveau message vocal ou nouveau sms" dans "Paramètre\sonneries+sons"

Qui peut me donner une solution ?

• Go4iTGo4iT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The great thing about forums is that you can go to them and let others know about these issues, and perhaps when people revert back to their iPhones or Androids, MAYBE Microsoft will listen, but by then it will be too late. I'm already jumping ship when my contract is up in 9 months.

• Go4iTGo4iT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not fixed, as I have a Lumia 1520 with the Black update, and you are still limited to changing only certain sounds. You still can't change the awful and LOUD touch-tones when you manually dial your phone. This is insane!

• LetoniaLetonia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everybody, this annoyance is fixed once you receive the Lumia Black update so please be patient.

I have Lumia 520 (Argentina)

I love my windows phone, however I would love to be able to have custom mms, SMS, voicemail, & email ringtones!

I have a Samsung Activ Neo with Windows 8 and I can not cusomize my SMS, MMS, etc. I can customize my phone ringtone.
        Above you stated it is available but it must not be for all Windows phones.

Pls for me is very imp to have different sounds for each contact. make it available

• RuthieRuthie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just updated my phone. I love that I can personalize text messages now (among other things) and the app closer. Thank you!

The fact I can't have a custom text tone is outrageous.. Get to it and make it available

• TimBoTimBo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I retract my previous comment. You can customise ring tone/SMS tones but you have to change them on each entry in your contacts/people list. I couldn't make the default sounds change however.

"doesn't work on a Nokia 1020 running Black - it looks like you can, there are other tones to select, but incoming SMS always plays the same sound"

• TimBoTimBo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

doesn't work on a Nokia 1020 running Black - it looks like you can, there are other tones to select, but incoming SMS always plays the same sound

I use an app called "free ringtones" on my windows 8 Black update Nokia 820. Got an email through today from "mobile Guru" above, in response to my long-ago request to windows phone admin. to let me do custom ringtones for SMS messages etc. Have just gone into my phones ringtones and sounds settings, tapped the "New Text or IM" box, took me straight to my phone's downloaded ringtones, selected one for my SMS texts, and hey presto, it all worked. I now have my phone that trills out my chosen ringtone, whenever a text comes through. Brilliant..so thank you Microsoft!

There is only a regular push notification tone. And there is no way to change it, even with the black update!!! Please fix that!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 147 148

Feedback and Knowledge Base