Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tobias TomTobias Tom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nic WattNic Watt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

The Cal Dav and Card Dav support in Windows Phone 8 prior to 8.1 could be tricked into using other external servers. This loophole seems to have been closed in 8.1 which is a shame as it worked really well.

Can I request that you allow an advanced option in System> email+accounts so that those of us who use CalDav and CardDav on our own servers or with other service providers can set them up.

Method:

1) Try to set up an account for CalDav or CardDav in Settings > email+accounts

2) Note there are only options for the main big players in the market: Yahoo, Apple and Google

3) Users cannot add CardDav or CalDav accounts for their own servers or use other third party providers

Expected:

Windows Phone 8.1 should have the same support for CalDav and CardDav accounts as the competitors iOS and Android do.

Thanks!

• Axel AntonyAxel Antony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am running a private cloud server based on owncloud for my comlete family spreading the information on mulitple devices like Windows 7 PC, 2 Android phones, Ipad, Iphone and now I wanted to start using the nokia 925 with WP8. On all other devices / OS I am successfully syncing contacts & calender but not with a Windows Phone !!!! I bought the phone because i suggested this is a commodity functionality. For a private usage an i dont want to go to goolemail or other services I don't have any controll on ......... sorry typical german ! but we love our privacy.
        It should not be a be deal to delete the function blocking for other services than Google !

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CardDav=Vcard and please support the reference number ("REF:field:" in vcard. every vcard version support this. see wikipedia vard. It contains date of last change. Please also in outlook.com.
        Best woudl be if you extend vcard for additonal fields: date and time of cration of contact; and last change.
        And that you can sort in outlook.com and in windowsphone for this

• S.S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I switched from Google & AppleMail to a company in Germany. But without CardDAV, CalDAV... it does not make sense for me to use WP8.

Currently I use a small trick, but that could not be your solution, if a customer do not use one of the big mail-services.

• Bacchus1976Bacchus1976 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I have to abandon my WP8 device and move to an iPhone because my company relies on LDAP and CalDAV for their PIM. With BB going the way of the dinosaur, WP is missing out on the enterprise and giving it over to Apple by not focusing on this.

• scurezascureza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very important for me, my company uses carddav and caldav and i want to use my WP

• Bacchus1976Bacchus1976 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company relies on a open source collaboration platform that uses CalDAV and CardDAV to sync. It's a pretty big company, you may have heard of it, and I'm going to have to replace my WP8 device in order to do my job. This is pretty disappointing, I expect MS to be the best business productivity option out there.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I switched to WP and I really like it but it can't sync my contacts and calendar (no CardDav, no CalDAV). This is a basic task for a smartphone OS. Please add this important support. Thx!

• SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company requires CalDAV and CardDAV. Without them, I can not get my work calendar and contacts to sync to my lumia 920. Please fix! Please, please, please.

• Marcel BirrerMarcel Birrer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My IPhone is broken and I would like to switch to an WP8, but as long as it does not support connecting to my private Synology based calendar and address lists (no, I do not want to host this type of data at Google etc. after the NSA leakage) using CalDAV etc. it will unfortunately not be able to do so.
        The same is (unfortunately) true for my Surface Pro: I can not use the calendar and contacts list due to the missing functionality.
        It's really frustrating...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hum plse support caldav!! my iphone does, maybe gonna leave nokia and windowsphone to go back to apple. You took to long time to implement caldav!

• TimTim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definately want generic WebDAV support mostly for office as we run our own webdav server. This SURELY cannot be that hard to implement considering RT supports it just fine.

• CY LengCY Leng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to act like a business phone, wp8 should have all the ability to sync with microsoft outlook, although user is not using exchange.

• AlexisAlexis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice job, Sylvain !
        Is your app compatible with wp 7.8? Or only 8 ?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base