Power management profiles
Allow creating custom power profiles
Ex: Home/Work (Wif on, 3g, bluetooth, GPS off)
Driving: (Bluetooth, 3G, GPS ON, WiFI off) Generic: (3G, GPS on)
It is essential that these profiles are additionally switched using scheduler
That would be great - parallel to the ringtone profiles.
Pone can decide with NFC-sticker in the car and night-place (Qi-Charged), where it is
I would also add a scheduler - to switch automatically from one profile to another
Nokia has already developed this application on their other phones!
Vote for Nokia Situations
Bobby Gonzalez commented
Automatically switch profiles on schedule, or when on external power, or when there is a meeting, or on location, etc. See SBSH PhoneWeaver.
Profiles would satisfy this entire post!!!!
But since you’ve taken this long to implement, you have to add a sick feature like switching profiles based on GPS location.
You can do it!
Steady Eddie commented
See Nokia Situations
Does exactly what it says on the tin!
This would most useful.
This would defiantly be useful...
Auto profile swap would be good for: Battery, Low Battery, Powered, Powered by PC/Laptop.
Daniel describes the options well.
Yes please. This would be one of my most requested features.
In a short summary.
1. Be able to define a profile. (Work, Home, Car, Outdoors, Meeting etc).
2. Set the properties for the profile. Volume, vibrate, WiFi, Bluetooth, Screen brightness, screen timeout, Flightmode etc.
3. Allow the profile to be triggered based on time or location. For example turn on profile "Night Mode" at 10:00pm and back to "Home" mode at 07:00am. Turn on profile "Work" based on a defined GPS or cell tower location.
Each profile will have each of properties mentioned above set / defined by the user. Being able to have the phone set the profile based on a time or location would be great.
4. Allow the user to always see what profile is currently active (perhaps via the top bar where the battery status etc are displayed) and maybe on the lock screen.
5. Allow the user to be able to switch the profile manually by selecting from a list of defined profiles quickly and easily.
6. Perhaps a set of pre-defined profiles built into the ecosystem, that users can then simply select and set the properties and triggers for each profile. This would make it easy and fast for users to set up. Well executed the power management profiles could be a set once and forget type of solution.
7. The user should be able to enable / disabled any profiles.
Stephen medley commented
Brilliant idea, you could have a profile for just listening to music i.e. the phone could switch off 3g and wifi and then start zune.
Dave Taylor commented
Should have different setting when connected to PC or external power supply, just like a laptop, i.e. when on battery seep after 1 min, when on external power sleep after 30 min, once again this is a real basic requirement.
Yes, and allow these profiles to be activated automatically via location and/or schedule.
I want my WiFi off when I'm at work, but on when I'm at home but I don't want to have to do it manually because I invariably forget.