Please enter your feature suggestion...

Send/receive text messages from Outlook

In WIndows Mobile 6.5, with Exchange 2010, we could send/receive text messages directly from Outlook on our computer. Bring back pls! http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/send-and-receive-text-messages-sms-HA101823438.aspx

992 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    tom mtom m shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    SYNENGIUMSYNENGIUM shared a merged idea: SMS Outlook  ·   · 

72 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RuiuRRuiuR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we should be able to send/receive text messages from Outlook, outlook.com and Exchange Online...

• Alex MAlex M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need more sharing of features between OS' (WinPhone & Win8.1) and form factors. MS owns both - integrate.

• Alex MAlex M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Linked OSX and iOS devices allow the user to send and receive text messages on either device.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MightyText is the killer app. People who use it swear by it and won't change phones if they have to give it up. I had a Windows phone and switched back to Android for the lack of only two apps: Chrome and MightyText. I might be able to live with Internet Explorer, but not without MightyText!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android and iOS have this via Touchdown.
        Windows Phone 8 is coming along well but it still has the worst Microsoft Exchange support of any platform.

• Johan GustafssonJohan Gustafsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE ADD THIS. MightyText! MightyText is the best sms program becouse you can send sms from a computer when you are home:)

• Alex WillerthAlex Willerth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE ADD THIS. MightyText with Android is literally the only reason I have not bought a Lumia yet.

• Tony BTony B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or be able to write and send texts from pc through phone like you can with nokia pc suite.

I do not know of that Outlook feature but ANY method of sending SMS from pc for Lumia users would be very important.
        About ten years ago my former operator had a fine service enabling even scheduled messages but now my only way is to use self-programmed messaging on employer's web site. But it is impossible to have my own phone number as sender there.

I agree too for this interesting options ! I would go even further: could it possible to have a nokia suite compatible with windows phone ?

• _M_M__M_M_ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i've always loved the nokia pc suite's capability of sending/receiving text messages on your pc, because typing with a software keyboard onscreen is really inconvenient, esp. if you use your phone for work.

please implement this somewhere.

ideally, it should also work without the detour over servers if you have your phone connected to the machine (usb, bluetooth).

• Camilo BerrioCamilo Berrio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add it, and allow developers to build a "Mightytext" type of App. Or even better, have the phone have a native app for that. To text from your pc.

• RuiuRRuiuR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this to MS Outlook and to outlook.com

Also, please add a folder in outlook.com to sync all the text messages in our windows phone.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base