Please enter your feature suggestion...

Variable Speed Playback

Add the abillity to change the playback speed of certain types of audio files (Podcasts, Audibooks) in the music player like in Windows Media Player.

1,053 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AndrewAndrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

85 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also be incredibly helpful to have a default setting - such that ALL podcasts could be played at 2X. This way we do not have to set every time we play a new podcast (or a new episode in the same series)

• adosqadosq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Girlfriend wants new phone and he like my L920, but this function is important for her so she will buy android ... sad because we like WP ... please add this function

• Austin VachAustin Vach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new WP 8.1 Podcasts app has this feature but I would like to see it modified a bit. Feedback I heard sums it up well... "I think the [1.5X, 1.5X (bold), 2X] speed control should be [1X, 1.5X, 2X]. It's consistent that way and I think a person is going to understand they can click the 1X... or they'll figure it out pretty quick."

• Julian DominguezJulian Dominguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, yes, YES!!! Finally got 1.5X speed in Podcasts app in Windows Phone 8.1!! Now I'm completely happy about my WP, this was the only missing piece to make this phone completely AWESOME.

• CalvinCalvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2.5X is my preferred speed for most podcasts and audiobooks. Unfortunately Downcast on the iPhone only supports 2X or 3X but not 2.5X. Audible.com on iPhone supports 2.5X

• CalvinCalvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a total deal-breaker for me. Being relegated to listening to podcasts and audiobooks at 1X is unacceptable. Just got a Lumia Icon. But I will be going back to my dinky iPhone 4S (even though its way to small) because of this issue.

• CalCal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This WAS a deal breaker for me.

I now have a brand new Android phone. I prefer WP, but if this feature is still not available when I am due to upgrade my phone again, then then it will once again not be a WP.

• Paal RyanPaal Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just one more reason to got back to the iPhone. I have been VERY disappointed with the WP.

• FrankFrank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a deal-breaker for me. Once Windows phone supports this I dump Android

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My very first ipod, may, many years ago has a feature to icrease the play back speed ad yet we are ow i 2014 ad it's not available!

• Michael Neal @schweetzekeMichael Neal @schweetzeke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They dont know what a great feature this is. WMP has/had it!
        Besides 1x speed, they should add a 0.5x, a 1.5x, a 2.0x, a 2.5x, and a 3.0x speeds!

Look back through forums, people have been requesting this since windows phone SEVEN. Here I am shopping a windows phone again, and I might have to skip it AGAIN and get another android. I want to love windows phone so much, but this is CRITICAL!!!

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! I'm contemplating going back to Android..

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us 2x playback speed for lectures and audiobooks! Currently, I have to speed them up with a separate program on my computer before loading them on my phone.

Echo what everyone else in this thread is saying. I have been submitting feedback about this since wp7. Please add variable playback speed

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base