Please enter your feature suggestion...

Make the ring/vibrate toggle button a 3-way option for ring(+vibrate)/vibrate/silent

When the vibrate option is enabled, there are times you may want complete silence without going into the settings to disable it.

1,343 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AaronAaron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gadget geekGadget geek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have not a three way, but a FIVE way toggle. This must include a vibrate AND ring option, along with a vibrate THEN ring option, in addition to the familiar ring only, vibrate only, and silent options.

• Gadget geekGadget geek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make that a FIVE way toggle. This must include a vibrate AND ring option, along with the vibrate THEN ring option, in addition to the familiar ring only, vibrate only, and silent options.

• BlueBlue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google & Apple have got better common sense levels than MS...

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These are the perfcet modes, silent -> vibrate -> ring -> ring + vibrate

• Emile DEmile D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my job i need to be able to mute my phone at times. Generally I have the phone on vibrate only, which means that I have to go into settings to do this. Please make a shortcut for this! The suggested 3-way option for ring(+vibrate)/vibrate/silent would be perfect!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this option back into the OS. It was available in Wp7 but not in wp8. Without this feature I have to put my phone in airplane mode if I don't want to be disturbed from incoming texts or calls.

Unless these options are addressed in the next OS, my phone will be meeting with a sledgehammer. Microsoft's blatant disregard for user feedback also means my next laptop will probably be a mac.

it's paramount to have a quick way to silence the phone from vibrate mode. I'm getting rid of this phone and going back to Android

• Hubert LötscherHubert Lötscher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute basic function, where a must on every mobile phone! I can not recommend it for this reason WP8.

• WPFanWPFan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will add my vote to this!

I'm looking for basic functionality. I should not have to turn off vibrate so that I can get silent as an option on my phone. Just about all phones give you the option to go from silent -> vibrate -> ring -> ring + vibrate. This is all done without having to turn off ringer or vibrate.

• DaanDaan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pleaseeee add this! Coming from android and not having this features is such a disappointment!

I like having my phone in front of me while in meeting, I'd like to see my screen flickering but not vibrating.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes 100% true i always have to re enter to the settings to remove vibration or put it on back. Sometimes in a meeting i d like to have complete silence but sometimes in my pocket i want to feel that i got a new msg or call or any notification.

• mjspmjsp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised there have only been 590 votes for this. Everyone I know with WP7/8 is after this. Everyone has situations where they want their phone absolutely silent, toggling between ring+vibrate and vibrate just isn't sufficient. I have to go into settings to toggle the vibrate setting. 3-way would be ideal.

• BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the many features of old Windows Mobile deviced removed in the "improved" Windows Phone. The volume rocker could be used, after the volume hits zero and vibrate kicks in, one more press of volume down button would enable silent mode, just like WM6.5. Or on the volume display, allow for a three way toggle when tapping the icon in the upper right corner.
        Also, there are so many settings that could be accessed much easier by tapping (or tap+hold) icons in the notifications area, including volume, wifi, data, bluetooth, batter and clock settings.

• noelnoel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or just give us custom ring profiles(a la symbian) and have ring/vibrate toggle button cycle through thos profiles.

• SFSF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I put the phone silent when I go to sleep, I really wouldn't like to leave the vibration on wake and up to the vibration sound at night. Make there an option shut set it off just like a ringtone. Don't you test these phones at all; you just sell them without using them yourselves? Ballmer does not sleep and hear like other people do, or WHY AN EARTH it is made like this?

Or have another button under the current 'silent' button, that says 'vibrate on/off'. How simple is that?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base