Please enter your feature suggestion...

Enable document attachment in emails

Enable document attachment in emails, since its painful not to be able to answer a coworker and quickly attach a word document.

6,209 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nuno LuzNuno Luz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

329 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ShaneShane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my last official complaint with windows phone. But seeing as this any other similar threads are almost 3 years old with no official moderator response.. I sadly don't see this changing anytime soon!

• sanjeevsanjeev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes due to this reason i am not telling anyone to buy any windows phone.So please update this feature in next windows os so that any one can browse their word,pdf ,excel or whatesover file for mail attachment and both while replying the mail or while sending any mail.

• KCKC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why you can attach pictures within the email app but not documents. It seems like a simple fix. Because this is not possible, I can't reply to an email and attach. I have to go and find the file and send a new email.

• Anand SailamAnand Sailam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Painful that there isn't a way to attach documents (office and PDF) directly from an email. Android provides this feature.
        Even more painful if we need to attach documents in a reply to an email. Also, it doesn't allow us to edit the contents of the email forward or reply.

• CharlesCharles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are we still asking this 3 years later! I switched back to Android in less than a week as I have spec sheets I need to email to clients.

• Herbert FaberHerbert Faber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also help greatly if you can simply save attachments to Onedrive just the way you would do in Outlook.

• isaacisaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please allow people to add attachment, pdf, doc,xls, txt, jpeg more than one at a time since u donnot have zip, rar supported progams

• rxbrxb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, please implement this and include to ability to attach any type of file. If I had known this wasn't possible on a windows phone, I wouldn't have bought it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is the "reply-to" field in e-mails being ignored? Say I get an e-mail from techsupport@company.com ; many times, the "reply-to" address will direct it to techsupportclaim1234@company.com, some kind of dynamically generated address that's designed to keep the thread going.

On Windows Phone, replies can --only-- be sent to the "from" address. The "reply-to" field is completely ignored, much UNLIKE Outlook on my desktop or in my browser!

email RFC (5322):

"3.6.2. Originator Fields
        [...]
        The originator fields also provide the information required when
        replying to a message. When the "Reply-To:" field is present, it
        indicates the address(es) to which the author of the message suggests
        that replies be sent. In the absence of the "Reply-To:" field,
        replies SHOULD by default be sent to the mailbox(es) specified in the
        "From:" field unless otherwise specified by the person composing the
        reply."

Please, correct this functionality!

A big foolishness from Nokia. Because every mobile phones have the facility to attach files. And here the big smart phone lacks it. And if I had new it i wouldn't have purchased it....

• DDDD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the basic ability to attach multiple files to an email from within the email app.

• micmic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would not have purchased this if I knew I couldn't attach docs. How dumb.

Very sorry to say this. I got nokia Lumia 720 which is 17000 INR. There is no means to attach the docs in mail. Not able to send my CV to recruiters. Should have gone for cheaper Android. Nokia has cheated by saying the word stay connected. At Least WE Would Have been careful. They were successful by fooling people who believe nokia.

If you really want to survive in market then try to implement customers requirement ASAP. otherwise we do bot have time, we will wait upto hardly one month if did not get any update we,will definitely give this mobile to your kids so that they can watch cartoon on this big screen.

You guys are really wasted our money i am trying to sell this mobile but no one is ready to buy this mobile. Kindly send us your registered office address so that i can parcel this mobile to your co operate office so that one of your staff member can use this mobile freely. This mobile can be used only for watching movies on big screen that's it. Other you can not connect this mobile to laptop without wifi facility i.e. If your laptop do not have wifi facility you can not use internet. By using this phone we can not reply to a mail with attachment. We can only,share photo. Nonsense. Launched complaint so many,times but every time i am getting a new complaint reference no. That's it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base