Please enter your feature suggestion...

Enable document attachment in emails

Enable document attachment in emails, since its painful not to be able to answer a coworker and quickly attach a word document.

8,717 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nuno LuzNuno Luz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

415 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TheApprenticeTheApprentice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't attach multiple files, can't reply by attaching documents, again without multiple files, can't copy text from emails and MS pitches this as a best phone for business people when it can't handle these simple tasks? Come on!

• VJVJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add support for adding attachment through FILES or File picker... Its supported now in 8.1 so bring that to email app.. Much needed guys

• LintoLinto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow this feature is from 2011 and MS hasn't implemented it yet. I know I can attach documents by sharing it from OneDrive but that's not a native email solution.

• Peter NewmanPeter Newman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that you can only attach certain files to e-mails. No MP3s, no PDFs, etc. Are you kidding?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft, if it is your plan to automate the whole world then you better start with this BUG.

I spent a lot on this phone and you cant tell me l cant attach a pdf instantly in an email. How did you manage to include pictures that you cant include other documents?

This is exactly why LINUX has been on my mind ever since!

• SreejithSreejith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only images can be attached to an email is really a weird feature! For a new email, yes there may be some alternate options but while replying to a mail only images can be attached! Common MS. Are you really targeting business users?

• Rob BRob B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In all fairness, most of us know how to 'attach' a single file (pictures excluded to a new email - in effect sending a single document.

The point if this thread is simply that the function to attach one or more files that are located on your phone TO an email doesnt exist. You cannot attach more than one file and Reply All and many people need to do in their social or business life.

8450 votes, 400+ comments on this one forum alone and not a peep from MS to explain why.

Technically - it IS POSSIBLE as you can attach them in a convoluted way.

If it wasn't possible I would expect MS to say so as its a limitation of the current architecture but not a word.

MS have a great OS here in many ways, quite innovative in some but you need to get the basics right - especially when you are pitching this for business.

MS - man up... implement this 'fix' or let your customers know why.

• DidierDidier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Easy in Windows Phone 8.1.
        If the file is located on your Phone, open Files app (see link below if needed), select the file and click on share and then email.

If the file is located on your OneDrive account, same thing but this time from OneDrive directly. Experience is consistent and I like it.

Files App:
        (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/files/762e837f-461d-4847-8399-3526f54fc25e)

• Colin KColin K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With 8.1 it's easy.
        Files App > select the files you want to send > share > email. Finish adding details to your email and you are done.

Without reply attachments, for email productivity is very slow and makes all your competitors superior. Also, we should be able to upload files on a website.

• ToriTori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's it! IPhone and/or Android for me from now on. I gave Windows a fair shot. It fell flat on it's face and everyone is saying told you so and they are right...

• MonicaMonica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this feature. Cannot get work done without attaching word and excel files. Nothing has been added to the email features since WP 7. Please expedite.

• digvijaydigvijay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this should have been right from begining.
        for mail reply I can attach photos, while i cannot attach word documents.
        this is serious gap for working and useing Windows phone

• SSSS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huge reason to prefer WP: office features and outlook integration. Business support is great.
        So no document attachment from emails is ridiculous.

• PragmabPragmab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wp est tout, sauf une plateforme pour les professionnels...
        aurais -je raison? dans les faits, oui! :(

• Rick BeijerRick Beijer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft this should be in the OS by launch day! It is a huge dissapointment not to have this feature! Implement it ASAP!!

There is no excuse for this. This is a basic feature I have been able to use on every other phone I have had!!!! Very, very frustrating!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base