Please enter your feature suggestion...

Enable document attachment in emails

Enable document attachment in emails, since its painful not to be able to answer a coworker and quickly attach a word document.

9,664 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nuno LuzNuno Luz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

453 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tony GrayTony Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What could MS possible be thinking that would have them not add this feature? It's ridiculous that we cannot attach any document of our choosing. WP cannot be used in the business sector without this ability. This feature must be added ASAP.

• mohit jainmohit jain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can't target the business phone sectors without having this basic functionality of sharing attachments and where the heel pdf files get saved in wp8.1

• Frederick MaderaFrederick Madera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted on this feature months ago, but it's been something users have been requesting for years. This basic feature is taking way to long to implement, no excuse why this is not able to be done on WP8.1.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android is light years ahead here. Please add this pretty basic feature. Windows phones ARE NOT TRULY BUSINESS PHONES WITHOUT THIS FEATURE.

• RohitRohit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Missing Basic Feature and Building a World Class Phone, how arre windows Phones Exisiting in the market

• D PilcherD Pilcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can kind of do this backwards from the Files app in that from there you CAN select several files and Send to an email (as an attachment). But that doesn't help with say a reply.

• Rohit GuptaRohit Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue In my 720 as well i thought this issue has been rectify by ms in lately release 8.1 ,but no luck same issue still exists unable to access other data apart from pic . Unable to attach non-pics material to mail chain ..not at all office phone..they take too much time to release 8.1 for no reason..please guys think twice before buying.

• SpywexSpywex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even your microsoft office its terrible. I created a word file using my computer and attached scanned documents but when i open the file on WP, the scanned files are showing blank

• Simon PlexSimon Plex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is ridiculous for a platform that claims to be Productive! make it possible to attach any files on emails!

This is very counter-productive! The underlying problem is the lack of a proper file manager. Even ancient mobile operating systems have this (e.g. BlackBerry OS5). I should be able to open the file manager from other apps (e.g. mail).

• Andrew WrightAndrew Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How am I supposed to respond to job ads if I can't even attach my resume? This function is critical, really. Seriously. Get on the ball Microsoft.

This indeed essential for business/office work. I thought you are enhancing market share for business/corporate. Including your office for WP is not as good as 3rd party on android. Love the OS but you need to keep the pace. Otherwise WP will be gone (don't want to see it happen)

I would like to note that it is important to be able to attach a file it is in reply to the mail.

In business scenarios, it is often necessary to keep in email correspondence history and advanced to the document file.

• DSDS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How could you call it a formidable work phone, if you cant even attach a f'in document to the email?

• Rob BRob B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sagar,

I think most people appreciate you can actually send a file - albeit in a rather convoluted manner.

The issue here is actually attaching one or more files (non pictures) to an email - maybe in an email chain / reply.

Not being able to do this is ludicrous and can create issues with a broken email chain and also assumes you know everyones email in the CC....

• SagarSagar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys this is now possible on windows phone 8.1. You can use a file manager app from MS called Files and select and share docs from there. This can also be done on Windows Phone 8 using the OneDrive app. Upload your docs there, select and share them, Nd select the send files option

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base