Please enter your feature suggestion...

Manual IP Configuration

Allow the user to manually specify the IP, subnet mask, DNS servers, etc.

9,409 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AttieNAttieN shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

769 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've heard in some regions of nokia lumia e.g in India there is an update to make fixed IP available. Wish it comes to us sooner.

Realmente é uma pena mais mao consigo usar em minha empresa um o meu Nokia lumia na rede wifi. Windows Phone nunca mais.

• SHIKOSHIKO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHEN ARE WE GONNA BE ABLE TO EDIT THE DNS TO USE WIFI CONNECTION PROPERLY ?

Guys do you all really think someone is reading this and gonna work n resolve our problem

WISH WISH WISH!!!!!

I had updated my phone to windows phone 8.1 gdr1 and i still can't use static ip and modify connection parameters.when microsoft will resolve the problem?

• Winston ReidWinston Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the 3rd update and still i cannot access wifi at home since i cannot edit wifi config on Lumia 820 to enter static options..PLEASE PLEASE ALLOW THIS OPTION

• ToniToni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

tenho lumia 720, que pena, ferramenta essencial em um smatphone .... quando descobri que nao tem essa funçao fiquei decepcionado ... arrumem isso por favor

• fcking lumiafcking lumia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

f*cking as*hole . i just bought lumia 930 and discover it doesnt have this feature
        waste my ******* money

• Yaw Agyei Yaw Agyei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you sure there is someone reading all the complaints here ? I started complaining about this issue a year ago and the problem persists. A new development with this issue is some ppl have the ability to assign static IPs whilst others don't. Two of my friends can assign static IPs on their Lumias (620 and dual SIM 630) why can't most of us have this feature ???

• Willian MeloWillian Melo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ola pessoal de desenvolvimento do Windows Phone por favor na próxima atualização a para Windows Phone 8.1 a chamada GDR 1 favor trazer a configuração de ip manual pois faz muita falta para quem trabalha com redes,espero não estar pedindo muito obrigado!!! Pra frente Windows Phone...

• vladvlad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'm always used DHCP, once it became necessary to set static IP... what the ****??? DO it immediately!!! this is basic features!!!!!!

I am using Nokia Lumia 630 window8.1 how to us vpn setting and how to edit manual ip address please

I am using Nokia Lumia 630 window8.1 how to us vpn setting and how to edit manual ip address please

• SparkSpark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh God! (-_-)
        I have waited for so long to update to 8.1 for nothing!
        MS cares more about kids and how the Phone should look like, more than professionals and how the phone should work.

Such a shame

← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39

Feedback and Knowledge Base