Please enter your feature suggestion...

Search Phone Content! Long press for Bing, short press for current app search. SMS,applist,calndr...

Search Phone Content! Long press for Bing, short press for search in current app, sms, calendar, 3rd party,eliminates the need for on screen search button.

658 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sahytsahyt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jed MorrisJed Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an Old blackberry user and one of the primary frustrations I have with all the phones out there right now is that they do not have a search function that shows all the information on the phone related to a search. Primarily a Name search, where first letter of first and last name, or any combination of letters in a name or word for that matter, would reveal all the information for that contact or word. I.E. Sometimes I can think of the company name or a product or service that a person is related to that helps me remember how to find that person when I can not remember their name. Sometimes it is a conversation that deals with a certain matter that I can search to get me right where I need to be for a email or text message or both to try and remember what was last said. This is a huge issue that needs to be addressed. I prefer hard buttons, instead of touch, too. Seems to me that send and end keys would make a lot of senses on any phone.

• jaredjared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

some times I have music on my phone with a different file name so when I want to play something and forgot the name it can be frustrating. it will be good to have a unified search, good one.

• NoblekingNobleking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the search button should also be able to search for lacal contents not just from bing.com

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great idea. Android has it. It is must for a phone especially smart phone. Pl provide as soon as possible in next update.
        - Gajanan MS.

• Newton CunninghamNewton Cunningham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The initial idea is awesome. ALSO, Integrated Search like Windows 8.1 has where it searches all or specific apps (maybe toggle which apps you can search through).

• Usama MustafaUsama Mustafa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is what i was thinking last night when i was unable to search with in an application (messaging, etc)

• Yuan TaizongYuan Taizong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The thing I love so much about Windows Phone, pressing a button and holding a button are 2 VERY DIFFERENT things.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really love a search function for my text messages. Would really help me with my line of work where I receive multiple texts from multiple clients. Please make it happen. Android has that function I believe :]

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base