Please enter your feature suggestion...

Animated Wallpapers and/or Backgrounds !

51 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RodneyEJRodneyEJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • malaymalay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Animated wallpapers would definitely make the screen more lively.
        Like windows 7 ultimate edition has the option to select a set of wallpapers which change in a fixed interval of time, windows 7 mobile should also have the same feature.

• waseemwaseem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not Exactly same as Andriod has but there should be animated wallpapers with Notifications and recent apps on Lock screen. quick to access.

• NoahNoah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think WP7 needs animated backgrounds to show off the phone and to encourage people to migrate from android to WP7.

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The phone's browser is capable of rendering animated gif files and the like, so why should that exclude the phone rendering the aforementioned as such?

• Jon KentJon Kent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second: "They look cool add depth, bring the phones to life, and are a real eye catcher when phones are on display at the stores." Major emphasis on the stores. WP looks boring compared to the flashiness of the other devices next to them, and that sells to the people who don't know the benefits of a WP.

And yes, this does drain battery, but leave that up to the user. If they want a flashier look at the cost of battery that's their choice; otherwise you can use a static image.

• RodneyEJRodneyEJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once again the animated wallpapers would be for the LOCK screen only. This would not interfere with the Metro design or productivity. It would be a feature that you would not be forced to use if you don't want to. Some people might want to have this feature no mater how useless others feel it may be. These phones need to appeal to a wide rang of people in order to do well and be competitive. Keep that in mind and please keep your mind open.

Also. I have been here supporting WP7-7.5 since it was first announced in early 2010. I have put allot of effort into providing MS with plenty of support and feedback across the web, everyday, and for almost 2 years consistently. I also am a previous user of WM5-6X for five years before WP was released to the public. Question, How long have you been here?

The Windows Phone community will not stand for others trying to banish fellow WP supporters out. The wrong attitude is to ask your fellow supporter to leave because you don't agree with his or her ideas and opinions. This forum was put in place so everyone can have a voice and internal trolling is not necessary. Remember I have as much right to state my opinions as you do, and If you don't agree with them I would appreciate it if you could find a more creative way to say so other than "get out"

Never again will you suggest, to anyone here, to switch to Android or any other OS! Thank You, Rodney E. Jones, Arlington TX

• LanMark7LanMark7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally I think this is a bad idea. Annimated backgrounds and other GPU 'chrome' eat up battery life for pointless annimations. Annimated backgrounds would go completely against the Metro style as well. If you want annimated backgrounds which personally add distraction to getting the job done (glance and go) then pick Android.

@ 7thSense

Man you sure did take that hard. I'm not in competition with Android and if it's a feature that look cool and is fun then why not have it. This isn't the US senate ware they knock the ideas down of other parties, just to be on the offensive, even if they might be beneficial to the public. It's about how you execute things on Windows P. WP has many of great features that it also shares with the other OS's, but we choose WP because of the way they implement those feature into devices.

Also, You can't tell me that a animated wallpaper on the lock screen would not be cool, or would not be a feature that many other people, besides yourself, would like to have. I think it would!

Android has animated Backgrounds or wallpapers available. They look cool add depth, bring the phones to life, and are a real eye catcher when phones are on display at the stores. We would like a standard to be set so that all animated wall papers from MS and the developers apps are of descent quality.

Also, transparent wallpapers need to be recognized as a option. Ever since Mango they do not work anymore. I loved having my transparent wallpaper because it allowed me to view my start screen by just taping the lock screen. It opens up the phone so much, and this just has to be made available for everyone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base