Please enter your feature suggestion...

Video and Music players should have a slider to RW/FF

If not a slider that is controllable, at least the ability to enter a specific time to jump to!

2,001 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    shamburgshamburg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymusAnonymus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slider is available with developper preview of 8.1 update 1!
        Be patient or install developper preview. I've been waiting for so long for that feature, so happy to use it!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really does suck! Having to spam the fast forward button, freezes video playback, then have to start from the beginning. I love the platform, but common sense things need to be addressed. Maybe the guys in Redmond, are using Iphones. Fast forward/rewind scrubber pleeeeaaaaase!

• BennyBenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The scrubber (slider) is on the latest Windows phone, at least in the default Music app. :)

Finally!

• Jose OJose O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on this is basic, a slider to move to any part of a song, is not real that we don't have this on WP8

• A. F. B.A. F. B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially the native music player needs one! For example: If you open a sound file in WP8 using the file explorer there is no slider! That's quite inconsistent!

• DmitryDmitry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Video player has the slider, but music player has't!

Why!? Where is the problem? I don't believe that is too difficult to do this function. But it will be very usefull.

• Benjamin AnsonBenjamin Anson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The video player that comes with all Windows phones doesn't have the slider feature, but some video players do. For example, the Metro Tube, YouTube client, has a brilliant video player, that allows the user to select quality of the video and we are able to slide the slider to the point of the video that we want to go to.

If app developers can do it for the Windows Phone platform, then Microsoft can do it for their own platform/software!!

• MoeHD7MoeHD7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this is still missing!! Streaming videos is a mess on WP..smh just make the new 8.1 Xbox video player the default player especially for when streaming content. When user watch a video via FB they want to be able to control it! The same way you added video controls for inline video playback on YouTube now we need video controls for every other video site

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

mistake of my life
        1.never should have bought windows phone...
        this is a really basic feature ....
        If i had the power of time travelling i would go back and get an android phone...
        i learnt the hard way why windows phones are worthless

Wow, over 2 years and counting and they still haven't fixed this. They have to know it's a problem. It's clear to me that this is a problem with the OS since none of the MP3 player apps I can find have this feature. I need it for foreign language study.

• NLTLNLTL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Within Video play back a slider is implemented, but works not very sensible and not with streaming contents. Only with Videos from your phone.

• PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very comfortable. One of the (big) things i miss since i changed from android (i guess that shows, how happy i'm with WP)

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the innovative aspects of the WP8 operating system but when I try to tell my friends about it this is the sort of thing that is just embarrassing and makes them laugh off the idea of ever switching. Come on Redmond, this is the definition of low hanging fruit.

Pathetic to wait for years hoping this functionality would come in the next update and that next update always disappoints!! This is coming out of frustration by waiting and waiting for the very basic stuff hence I'm saying windows phone 7.X and 8 really sucks!!! Are you deaf MICROSOFT??

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base