Please enter your feature suggestion...

Turning off SMS Notification toast

Ability to control toast notification for SMS so that you can disable toast and flashing screen when inbound messages are received.

3,306 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris PerryChris Perry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

273 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i can't even find a way for the voice notification to stop reading texts to me, even when i'm on the phone! anyone any ideas?

My company is switching away from Lumias, since our 2way SMS authentication tokens are visible for 5 seconds

• Stephen WStephen W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this very basic setting missing? Windows 8 is a fantastic phone and until this is option exists users are going to have their phones in their pockets - a missed marketing opportunity as well a basic privacy requirement. Not all users are of a youthful generation where everything is shared with all and sundry,

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely. Bought my phone 2 days ago and have already had issues with not only privacy, but functionality. Very frustrating when watching Netflix or playing a game and a toast pops up. Seems like a little thing, but its enough of an issue that I will be returning my phone today to go back to android.

Please get it fixed soon. Of course it should be optional if I want toast notification shown or not. Everybody have tried to have their phone on the table og showing a photo to someone, and suddenly a toast notification comes up with a message that wasn't meant for other than the owner of the phone. Its 2014 and we use our big screen phones like tablets.

Major design flaw. Microsoft should listen to users. Im going back to Android till patch ready

• Liz Liz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please implement this. Not having this option is a big enough concern of mine that I want to go back to Android or Apple.

Just simply add this under a new notifications panel in settings so users can choose what they want to as 'toast' notifications

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base