Please enter your feature suggestion...

Turning off SMS Notification toast

Ability to control toast notification for SMS so that you can disable toast and flashing screen when inbound messages are received.

3,409 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris PerryChris Perry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

With Windows Phone 8.1 you are now able to control whether messages show in Action Center and/or whether they show as notification banners. Check out settings / system / notifications + actions / Messaging

283 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AbrahamAbraham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too late windows too late...I just got a Samsung Galaxy S5. Please people think more than twice before getting a windows phone. The applications are outdated and the OS is always 2 steps behind. Great device but windows is not doing a great job with it. I have been using WPs since the release of 7.

• WABWAB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft finally addressed this issue for Windows Phone 8 with the new Windows 8.1 software update. The feature still needs more customizations but it's a step in the right direction. I would highly recommend everybody to download the Developer Preview App from the Windows Store to get the Windows 8.1 Software upgrade if you have a Windows phone 8 device.

• carinnacarinna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when i googled how to do this, i was shocked they didnt have an option to turn this off. it has made for so many awkward moments. im so annoyed at the lack of this feature!...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. This is one of the basic privacy setting which has to be added.

i can't even find a way for the voice notification to stop reading texts to me, even when i'm on the phone! anyone any ideas?

My company is switching away from Lumias, since our 2way SMS authentication tokens are visible for 5 seconds

• Stephen WStephen W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this very basic setting missing? Windows 8 is a fantastic phone and until this is option exists users are going to have their phones in their pockets - a missed marketing opportunity as well a basic privacy requirement. Not all users are of a youthful generation where everything is shared with all and sundry,

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely. Bought my phone 2 days ago and have already had issues with not only privacy, but functionality. Very frustrating when watching Netflix or playing a game and a toast pops up. Seems like a little thing, but its enough of an issue that I will be returning my phone today to go back to android.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base