Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DarthyDarthy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JannekJannek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In case of limited data we also need the Option "Manually"! or different Settings for Wifi Connection.

• SleepybagSleepybag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add that it should be nice if the refresh time would be split in more categories of time.

One time for business/school/work hours, like 8:00 am to 8:00 pm with a higher frequency of checking for new e-mail (every 5 or 15 minutes), or when connected to a wifi-network

One time for nights and weekend, when the need for checking e-mail frequently is lower, so e-mail can be checked every 30, 60 or 120 minutes. Also can be setting when using no wifi but data from carrier.

One 'shoulder' time for evenings etc.

• Kyle KnerrKyle Knerr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This already exists. Go to Settings > Email + Account > select the account , and under the "Download New Content" section, set it to "as items arrive."

This basically enables push notifications, so you have real-time access to your email accounts.

• chuckchuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i also rely heavily on email for business and we need to get emails faster, 5 minutes or even 1 minute would be nice

• BrandonBrandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have a 5 minute refresh option. More importantly for people like me that rely heavily on email.

• maxmax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for those of us who use IMAP4 and POP email for work, we need to get emails faster

Feedback and Knowledge Base