Please enter your feature suggestion...

Save and delete files from SkyDrive on phone

Ability to download the SkyDrive file on phone memory (esp from OfficeHub).Also, make me able to delete/rename files/folders and create/delete folders on SkyDrive from phone.

321 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Real McCoyReal McCoy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gugu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ive just spent the last couple of hours setting the dam thing up,and 'm now realising that you cant save files to your phone, from onedrive. UTTERLY USELESS

• Jay FJay F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important, but as alternative to saving SkyDrive files to "phone places", allow SkyDrive app to selectively cache files to phone's physical memory, while keeping it in the "SkyDrive" places. This will allow us to work with SkyDrive files while offline, but maintain the integrity of the SkyDrive file and document structure. Just as the way mail app allows selective syncing and unsyncing of folders, we should be able to "sync file" and "stop syncing file" at will, to use or free-up local storage as needed.

• janjan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable this: deleting/moving from Win 7 folder will delete/move it also from Windows 8 phone

• NazhriNazhri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't access skydrive in the office (company security protocol) and I know I have a document in Skydrive that I want to use. I can access it on my WP* Lumia 920, I can't email the stupid document because the email app can only attached Photos (another stupid limitation) and I can't download the file from skydrive to my phone memory so that I can access it on my computer? What gives? I'm on GDR3 and this is still not implemented? Come on Microsoft. Get it together!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By far the most negligent feature (or lack there of) of any phone operating system I've ever seen. Why wouldn't they (Ms) implement such an obvious and useful function? If we own a windows phone with office, we should be able to save files from SkyDrive to phones memory. Something soo big could not have been an oversight. It was by design for "security" reasons. I had enough of the 3rd party limitations and restrictions at the expense of the consumer. Loosen up Microsoft. My Samsung galaxy has NO problem downloading.pdf, or any word document to my Samsungs core memory. This is frustrating. Potential deal breaker. P.s.
        ... Microsoft just finalized the purchase of Nokia for $7bil. With that said, I expect a native (Ms) root/ SkyDrive manager on the next update.

• JosJos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It really is must for a microsoft product!!! Or they will lose the market !!!

• colincolin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With microSD card support in windows 8 phones (my samsung ACTIV s) it makes sense to allow skydrive to function the same as the desktop app. Allow the user to specify what folders to sync.

• Neeraj GunjanNeeraj Gunjan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its useless skydrive integration unless to download to phone from skydrive.

Please update it soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't files be transferred from skydrive to phone memory? What a worthless cloud implementation.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

inconsistent that you can delete a photo from the thumbnails screen, but cant when you are viewing a photo from the "..." menu.

• AlvaroAlvaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want skyDrive as buckup bit i want to be able to download the files to phone mp3, Excel, doce, videos, images...

• vcutiettavcutietta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should have been included from the start. Delete, rename, move, etc. Please add soon!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base