Please enter your feature suggestion...

File transfer without zune

Would LOVE to be able to copy files to and from the phone without using zune software, just like with regular USB stick (like WM6.5)

1,253 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stan ShapiroStan Shapiro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    kamaleshwarankamaleshwaran shared a merged idea: Remove Zune dependancy  ·   · 
    Jo ShieldsJo Shields shared a merged idea: Allow access to files and photos over MTP, so Zune is not needed  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

This feature is now available in Windows Phone 8.

And as always, if you think this feature, or any other, needs improvement, be sure to create a new product suggestion so we can track it and other users can vote on your ideas. And while we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

101 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You may wirelessly transfer/copy music files to your Windows Phone via a web browser using the updated version 1.0.2.0 of Music Drop by Codeceptive Studios. The first version was great but the new one is even better! And what's best about this app: it's fast, efficient and most of all free ;-)

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NOOOO this is the worst thing you could have possibly done!!!!!!! bring it back its a lot better at organizing it with zune software.

• AhtishamAhtisham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there may be easy way to share files or any thing through bluetooth to other devices like android or other etc

• PabloPablo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do it wirelessly with Music Drop by Codeceptive Studios. Tried it and seems brilliant ;-)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can i transfer document, Files..etc from my system to my Nokia lumia without using zune software.

I will be looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

• harish chandraharish chandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We shall appriciate if this facility available in all win phone win 7 ,hope soon will be available thanks

• tarrangowtarrangow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nokia has failed dismally on the making of lumia(windows phone),,,,i mean sumsung is doing miracles so is iphones and sony ..Nokia failed failed....i regret buying nokia lumia

would never recommend a windows phone to any of you out there...cant even Bluetooth nor transfer music ...I regret buying this phone yor!!

would never recommend a windows phone to any of you out there...cant even Bluetooth nor transfer music ...I regret buying this phone yor!!

• Baah-Asamoah JoshuaBaah-Asamoah Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nokia window phones are just trash compare to Android phones I regret for buying it. You cannot even transfer
        document to and from PC.

• Olle CarlgrenOlle Carlgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should work over WIFI and the phone should show up in the file manager in W8/8.1.
        There should be a possibility to "pair" the phone with Windows and then share printer, music (all, not just purchased through MS), video, documents etc etc).

I.e. INTEGRATE and “pair” through WIFI!

This would be an area where WP really would stand out from the other systems.
        I was actually surprised that my Nokia 925 can’t do this. For me, this is something that a WP phone MUST and should be able to do.

• .. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate this stupid Zune software. It makes life ****** if you want to transfer media content to a device without the Zune software. It seems to me that Nokia makes a product according to what's the company wants and not what the customer wants. I will stick to my user friendly Samsung, REST IN PEACE NOKIA!!!

• Yuan TaizongYuan Taizong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thankfully Windows Phone 8 can use the File Explorer without having to hack into the Zune software (--_--)

plese introduce new softwares for transfer apps from pc to lumia and also share videos via bluetooth.........

• harish chandraharish chandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zune handle only music video files only, not docs, pdf...it's drawback of this phone no updates for this till date...

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base