Please enter your feature suggestion...

Full Sync with Outlook

WP should fully sync to Outlook, tasks, including categories calendar including categories contacts including categories and notes including categories

10,972 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kaaaikaaai shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    fabwm7fabwm7 shared a merged idea: direct usb sync to Outlook  ·   · 
    wisedesiwisedesi shared a merged idea: Sync outlook notes  ·   · 
    Simon CharronSimon Charron shared a merged idea: Synch Outlook Categories in Contacts  ·   · 

537 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Søren WillemsSøren Willems commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having just acquired a Lumia 930, I am thoroughly disappointed. I wasn't even considering, that there would be no direct synchronization between Outlook (desktop) and calendar/contacts (and the rest of outlook for that matter).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought Nokia Lumia 930 in hope and expectation it would give seamless synchronisation of my calendar and contacts with my Windows 7 and 8 computers. Feel thoroughly let down.

Synchronization via the live cloud is a disaster. It takes forever, distorts the data and thus creates backward loops, contaminating the original datafile on Outlook.

Please add full Outlook sync functionality back to WinPhone 8.1
        It's unbelievable that a brand new phone (Lumia 930) offers less Outlook synchronization options than an old device running win mobile 6.5.
        What might be the reasons that Catgegories, Tasks, Notes and certain calendar functions are no longer fully supported by WinPhone 8.1?

It is totally horrendous that one cannot sync WP 8 with Outlook using Nokia PC suite or similar via usb.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's totally ridiculous that the new technology and software being brough out by MS features DECREASED capability, not increased. If your own products don't synch properly, where is the incentive for customers to stick with you? I am missing categories and full task and calendar synch between Outlook and my Windows phone. Why not just put Outlook on the phones??

• Lukas TavesLukas Taves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's way past time outlook gets moved to the cloud, accessible to all Ms products and services.

I don't want to configure my email accounts everytime I buy a new device, I want to have all my configured accounts available to me and just check the ones I want to use on that device (similar to opening one note notebooks, or calendars).

Very Good and Important idea, I have over 200 Notes and I cant afford to copy them one after the other from Outlook to Onenote

• timtostimtos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to access a shared contact folder on my windows phone... Why is this not possible...Why??? I am very sad now! :( Is there something on the roadmap to change this? I hope so. Thanks.

• DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of a full offline sync with outlook is a deal breaker on buying a Windows phone. Current system is way too convoluted

• PragmabPragmab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oui, les tâches, les anniversaires, les jours fériés etc... limite la vision unifié et donc écosytémique des produits Microsoft.

entre mail/calendar/contact de wp8, metro et Outlook rien n'est pareil.

c'est pour un professionnel, inconcevable!

• RuiuRRuiuR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows Phone and Outlook should be a perfect ecosystem!
        I really can’t understand why the drafts folder is the only folder that doesn’t sync between Windows Phone and Outlook.

Also, there should be a folder to sync text messages between Windows Phone and Outlook (via outlook.com, USB or any other way).

Please add these basic features!

• VINRULEZVINRULEZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

USB ON THE GO feature is embedded in the snapdragon s4 chip,just needed a os link between the chip,like they bring the fm radio in the gdr2 update, Please vote for this feature in Windows Phone suggestion Box here, http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/4699337-need-usb-on-the-go-otg-in-windows-phone

Pls refer the following figure for clarification http://i.imgur.com/ckHPtAa.jpg

http://agyatlabs.blogspot.in/2014/04/if-windows-phone-will-get-otg-support.html?m=1

AkrutoSync provides this option now. All data within Contacts, Calendar, To-dos, and Notes get synchronized completely, directly and automatically.

The data always stays on your devices. After the initial installation, your Outlook data just syncs in both directions. The sync is perfectly accurate. Highly recommend giving it a try for free:

www.akruto.com

After the 7 day free trial, there is a modest $25 lifetime cost for the license.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27

Feedback and Knowledge Base