Please enter your feature suggestion...

Back and forward buttons in internet explorer

If you leave internet explorer and reopen it from the home screen, the back button doesn't bring you to the page before the current one, it just takes you back to the home screen. Internet explorer needs a back button and a forward button for easy, simple browsing.

2,656 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael GarriesMichael Garries shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: internet explorer 10 on Windows Phone 8 is missing a back and forward button... you can go back a page but where's forward?  ·   · 
    edward938edward938 shared a merged idea: When using internet explorer, the back button should always go back one webpage  ·   · 
    Ihab HamidIhab Hamid shared a merged idea: Make a touch "previous page" button in IE9  ·   · 
    Joe O'BryantJoe O'Bryant shared a merged idea: Bring back "Forward" navigation option in IE9  ·   · 
    Mansour YaacoubiMansour Yaacoubi shared a merged idea: Internet Explorer Backward/Forward  ·   · 
    MacSeriousMacSerious shared a merged idea: Add back button in IE address bar. Use hardware back button to exit IE.  ·   · 
    gannonsmashgannonsmash shared a merged idea: bring back the forward button in IE  ·   · 
    JiangboJiangbo shared a merged idea: Soft back button in IE browser  ·   · 

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RogerRoger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So irritating! I am an IT professional, just deployed windows phones for my 10,000 employee company and now this one issue is causing so many irritations in my user base. Thinking I should pull the plug on MS products since it has been many years with no resolution (using browser history is not a solution)

• WPFanWPFan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In 8.1, Internet Explorer 11 allows one to swipe back and forth so I imagine this feature has been implemented even if not through the use of buttons.

• XanderXander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be added ASAP. I can't think of any reason for not simply having a forward button.

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is nothing more annoying than not being able to go back or forward on a page with navigation buttons. Please correct this

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As advanced as this Lumia 1020 is, I'm embarrassed for Windows because of this issue.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES. This is a frustration that adding back/forward buttons or at the very least, back/forward edge swipes, like in Windows 8 Metro IE, would resolve for us. I would like to see the restoration of the pre-mango address bar and function bar - address, stop/refresh, back/forward at top, and on the bottom, favorites, add to favorites, tabs.

Do not remove the back button from the next series of Windows Phones. Just fix the behavior to be consistent.

• bjphenumbjphenum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a very big problem i have had with windows phones and i would like it to be resolved

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that the back button will be taken away on next gen. WP phones. And there will be a back button in the grafical UI instead - if this is true - THEN please make a forward button also !!!! Its not just when browsing IE10 its when ever you hit the back button accidentially - then you really want a forward button to go back where you just came from. Its very annoying not having a forward button.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was happy to get a Windows phone for the first time last spring, but I will be switching back to Android with my next phone if IE isn't improved. Its like Microsoft released a car with no reverse, and is telling people to just drive forward and make uturns all the time to compensate.

• Mohan Singh ParmarMohan Singh Parmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really IE is a good browser but its not enough. We are using it only due to UC is not reliable (afraid of data stealing.... I think its Chinese browser)... But you've to make it more useful.
        1.Backward /forward, favorite,refresh, menu buttons.
        we don't always need full screen.. So you have option to shift address bar top of screen or wherever you want.
        make full screen optional .

2.Chrome like zooming option... Tap an area where many links under your finger... Then it shows a bubble with zoom lance all links so user can easily tap on particular link.
        3.Provide upload files from browser.
        we need upload our resumes , and more files online.

• Mohan Singh ParmarMohan Singh Parmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really IE is a good browser but its not enough. We are using it only due to UC is not reliable (afraid of data stealing.... I think its Chinese browser)... But you've to make it more useful.
        1.Backward /forward, favorite,refresh, menu buttons.
        we don't always need full screen.. So you have option to shift address bar top of screen or wherever you want.
        make full screen optional .

2.Chrome like zooming option... Tap an area where many links under your finger... Then it shows a bubble with zoom lance all links so user can easily tap on particular link.
        3.Provide upload files from browser.
        we need upload our resumes , and more files online.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base