Please enter your feature suggestion...

Support alternative browsers like Opera Mobile

Many other users of Opera and Windows Phone 7 owners are looking into this, and I hope for them to vote supporting this suggestion to get your attention.

Thanks for opening this contact channel Microsoft, it's great to see you're looking for feedback. I wish contacting you about other products was that easy.

6,991 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rafael LuikRafael Luik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    tg-goldfishtg-goldfish shared a merged idea: Allow Opera, Mozzila Firefox or Google chrome to develop an alternate web browser on windows phone  ·   · 
    Christine SloopChristine Sloop shared a merged idea: more browser options in the Market  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

Windows Phone does support alternative browsers. While Opera is not available, you can always check out the UC browser in the Windows Phone Store. As always, if an app is not available on your device contact the app developer. If you are looking to save data and reduce page load times we’ve made further improvements in IE in both areas with High Savings Mode

175 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree. I would appreciate very much, if we got opera mobile on our phones. But there is one thing else: Please also for win 7,8!!

• Toni ViinikainenToni Viinikainen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's the single biggest problem with windows phone 8. I've used my lumia 920 since November last year and I still bang my head at a wall every day when I use the internet explorer. It's not for everybody and many people don't buy a phone due to lack of options. And people like me buy a phone and then tell everybody how much they regret buying a phone with a single option for internet browsing. It's not good man. Do something about it.

• SeenudSeenud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ya seriously there should be support for all existing alternate browsers i cant believe this feature has very less votes. IE is not user friendly at all & importantly no download option +1 vote for this

• PumperPumper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree entirely. The installed IE10 is user unfriendly. I have used Opera for years on previous mobiles and it behaves like a proper Windows Phone browser ought to.

• robrob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why this suggestion does not have 100k votes

• Howard OlsenHoward Olsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have ridded myself of all my android and iOS devices and Love MS, want to support MS, Win 8, WP8 etc ... BUT PLEASE Allow Firefox - It's a better brower, cross platform compatible and the sync feature for bookmarks, tabs, history etc is 2nd to none. I tell everyone that your platform is superior, but very disappointed I cant choose my browser.

When I switch from Android to Wp8 , the most dissappointing for me : No Opera mini . I NEED THE TEXT RE-FLOW feature on that browser . Please improve IE with text re-flow or let Opera port their Mini to Wp8

Its the same policy on iOS and yet opera and others ported it. Blame devs, not Microsoft.

IE for Windows Phone has limited features.
        Opera web browser for cellphones is a good option

Feedback and Knowledge Base