Please enter your feature suggestion...

Add the screenshot cabability on Windows Phone 8 to Windows Phone 7.8

Please add the screenshot capability (Windows key + camera button) on Windows Phone 8 to Windows Phone 7.8. This is an extremely useful tool, and adding it to 7.8 would be awesome!

1,104 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brendon FederkoBrendon Federko shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

We are truly floored by the number of feature suggestions that we have received and the excitement about future Windows Phone releases. Some of you have been wondering, “Will Windows Phone 7.8 have the same features as in Windows Phone 8?” The answer, unfortunately, is no. Windows Phone 8 is a generation shift in technology, which means that it will not run on existing hardware. BUT we care deeply about our existing customers and want to keep their phones fresh, so we’re providing the new Start screen in the upcoming 7.8 update. We’ll have more to share on the Windows Phone 7.8 update in the coming weeks.

To stay in touch with Windows Phone announcements please read the Windows Phone blog: http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_phone/b/windowsphone/

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this declined, this is what Microsoft does to there customers? A screenshot app is what wp7 needs

• TDHTDH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Find a way to let Windows Phone 7 Customers upgrade their devices to Windows Phone 8 devices. Windows Phone 8 is awesome and existing Phone 7 Customers can see this.

I am certain 90% of existing Windows Phone 7 customers would upgrade their devices if they were allowed to do so at new contract rates. Give them all a customer loyalty incentive and let them extend their contract and get new phones for Black Friday rates.

Who would not upgrade to an HTC 8X or Lumia 920 for $99.00 and $49.00 respectively

In this day and age of carrier contracts you should never have a phone over 2 years anyway.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Declined? Looks like microsoft doesnt care about their users. This is a basic feature, any ****** android phone can do this and there is an alternative way to put this on windows phone for what I know. I just think microsoft should support this simple idea instead leaving 7.x users forsaken. Android, here I go.

• Ben Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously? I will be jumping on the bandwagon very soon and I will be getting an iPhone at least they have the screenshot capability as well as high quality apps that don't constantly crash(including Instagram). They also apply updates to their older phone models which is much needed. Everyone should consider switching to the Iphone as well! I don't see why consumers should be spending money on newer versions of the Windows Phone when they don't even have apps and aren't very developed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not acceptable! I am sorry but you say it's a generation shift in technology!? So are you admitting all Windows Phones supporting 7.5 & 7.8 do not have the capability to use something so basic and simple as screenshot, yet the Samsung Galaxy (not even Ace) can take a screenshot, and that is such an old phone!

You are truly clueless. Floored is an understatement, get clued up!

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not acceptable! I am sorry but you say it's a generation shift in technology!? So are you admitting all Windows Phones supporting 7.5 & 7.8 do not have the capability to use something so basic and simple as screenshot, yet the Samsung Galaxy (not even Ace) can take a screenshot, and that is such an old phone!

You are truly clueless. Floored is an understatement, get clued up!

It's a joke when all of us in Europe defend our phones from the mass of sheep who have Android and iPhones when we cannot preform simple and basic functions like the screenshot, it becomes absolute mockery.

• RhiaRhia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Decline! Way to loose existing customers Microsoft. By not give your customers something other OS have stated as being very simple you have made yourself look like you have no clue what you are doing.

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe this is declined. How MS expects me to support Windows Phone when it does not have such basic function, well according to iPhone and Android? What a joke.

• Swapnil BandiwadekarSwapnil Bandiwadekar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For us reviewers it's a pain in @$$ to demonstrate particular functionality of WP7.5 in reviews. We have to use digi cams and capture a pic to show the parts of the app and then edit them on PC. 2X the hassle. Screenshot functionality would be just awesome and it's not something which you can have only on WP8 and not on WP7.5 because it doesn't meet requirements.

• mikemike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Someone in the wpcentral forum suggested adding this function to the back key task manager by putting a 'take screenshot' link to the list of open windows.

Feedback and Knowledge Base