Please enter your feature suggestion...

Ability to create and edit photo albums

Create albums and add/remove/move pictures in photo albums without having to use Zune

264 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    elliot woodelliot wood shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EdEd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have, for such a long time, wanted to organise my pictures locally. I cannot understand the logic behind this feature being missing. SkyDrive is wonderful, but it is no replacement for local image organisation. I know I can do this when tethered to a PC but that is hardly a "mobile solution".

• Thimo Bonder Thimo Bonder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want to make photo albums on my phone so I don't have to search every time for images of my holiday for example.

• ShonShon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have photos I don't want in the cloud, but I want on my phone. Also for people who do not have very good coverage in their area, having to do everything in the cloud is a disadvantage. Being able to mark some folders as hidden would also be nice.

• SatySaty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too agree I was totally shocked I wasn't able to this when I got my W8 phone - I was even thinking to return as I do use the camera a lot and to organize my photos on the spot! MS sort it out!!!!

• SatySaty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absoluteness control of your photos should allow you to do this without the need of the net/wi-fi. This function is piratically on every other phone and MS really need to wake-up and stop restricting people on the most basic smartphone functions.

• ChristopherGBChristopherGB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to create SkyDrive and Facebook albums within the Pictures Hub, or even on-phone albums. However, it seems Windows wants you to use the cloud. I think there are only three on-phone albums for Windows Phone: Camera Roll, Saved Pictures, and Favorites. These three albums can be easily manipulated with the push-and-hold right-click options.

You can create and manipulate SkyDrive and Facebook albums within their own respective apps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base