Please enter your feature suggestion...

Sync text messages!

Zune should have a feature that lets users save/sync their text messages to their computer. Some people treasure their messaging history with others.

1,800 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gee LawGee Law shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

has anyone answer the question as to whether there is an app to transfer all of my text message off of my Nokia Lumia 1020 to a pc as a text file or something?

I will be getting a new phone, the inability to save text messages, when I need them FOR EVIDENTIAL value is simply UNACCEPTABLE. I cant get over a facility that was available to use on the older Nokia phone is NOT available on the latest version, ..............what a load of rubbish!

I am desperately trying to save my messages from my Nokia Lumia 800 to my windows vista laptop. Any ideas if this is possible?

yes, users should have the possibility to backup they smartphone's data directly to the pc using usb/wifi/bt

massimo

• AllenAllen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to save your text messages to the computer so you can then transfer them into your new phone? I have a HTC Radar windows phone that is having problems so my insurance covered for me to get another of the same phone however the store clerk was only able to save my contact in to my new phone and not the text messages. I am a Realtor and every piece of information with a client via text or otherwise is vital to my business. Is there an app for this? Thank you

is this still not fixed... even after the take over of nokia by windows....
        MS literally killed nokia only because of the windows phone... now I feel, this is being deliberately done to bring down market value of NK and then buy at better price... nice imagination..
        now coming to current, u already bought nokia,... what is ur problem now in providing the basic feature.

Saved sms messages from my Nokia N8 and N82 phones were a vital part of my wifes visa application process. Since this is not supported in M8 I will be returning the Lumia 1020 I purchased today un-opened

• Meberate BrooksMeberate Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those of you out there who have a windows phone prior to Windows 8, I have a Windows 8 phone and ALL files are backed up to your ONEDRIVE/SKYDRIVE....yet and unfortunately, you can NOT view your text messages. It's as if they were never backed up in the first place. CRAZY.

• NPCNPC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For this reason I will never have another WP device. Absurd. Do I keep this phone for life to preserve a message thread? You cannot even restore messages to a replacement, and identical, device! With WP7.8 on final release (another instance of total indifference to the customer) I also realise that I am now totally suckered by MS. Beyond belief.

• pfpf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 8 Phone should have a mechanism to export SMS messages to PC. This is a huge omission by Microsoft.

Does anyone else have/knows how to deal with the issue that: I am resetting my Windows Phone(Nokia Lumia 920) to factory settings to CHANGE THE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT, but i would like to KEEP MY TEXT MESSAGES. Thanks.

I want to save/transfer my text messages from my W7 Lumia. This is a basic function guys and I am extremely ****** that you haven't enabled it. This is seriously the make-or-break issue for me that if you don't come up with a way to do it then I won; ever be getting a Nokia o Windows phone again.
        Fix it SOON!!!!

• DebayanDebayan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SMS backup from windows 8 phone doesn't work properly !!! I did reset my phone twice till now, and all the time my settings for SMS backup was ON but both the cases , SMS didn;'t sync back to my phone once it was linked back to my Microsoft account !!!! I saw only a few less than 10% of my SMS back in my phone !!!

I want to save/transfer my text messages from my W7 Lumia. This is a basic function guys and I am extremely ****** that you haven't enabled it. This is seriously the make-or-break issue for me that if you don't come up with a way to do it then I won; ever be getting a Nokia o Windows phone again.
        Fix it.

• DyanDyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

App for Windows 8 available now, what about all of the Windows 7 people? Crazy this basic feature of saving/printing text messages in not available on Lumia 900. Or zune. Or nokia suite. Or anywhere. Regret investing in Windows phone, wish I would have kept my Motorola android phone! At least I could print/save text message threads.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Unified (text) messaging between my Windows phone, Windows tablet, and Windows desktop would be amazing! I imagine this would be similar to iMessage, but it would have to utilize SMS to be nearly as useful. I need some way to universally and transparently message all of the people that I know no matter which device I'm on.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base