Please enter your feature suggestion...

Continue to use Zune for media sync in WP

The WP sync app/manual copy is inferior to Zune for syncing media. Return to Zune for syncing media, including playlists and play counts.

16,095 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    EntegyEntegy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion. It’s always great to see such great feedback and excitement about this feature. While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. Keep those votes coming!

1004 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring Zune back! Why do I have a broken Xbox ad that can't sync properly, looks like garbage, functions worse than garbage and continually gets worse and worse? This isn't that complex. Zune was the best thing to happen to my music collection. Xbox music is the biggest atrocity to happen to it. Quit shoving Xbox down my throat! Why wont anyone listen to the biggest request in here?! No one likes your ****** Xbox music. Get rid of it. Say sorry. Then put Zune back in. I would throw every vote I have into this one thing but it only allows three. The music scenario on WP has been in freefall since the removal of Zune. Ugh...im ranting and ranting and it probably will never amount to anything. Why don't you listen to our biggest request?

• Jonathan Ibañez CojuangcoJonathan Ibañez Cojuangco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Otherwise Zune and Windows Media Player could combine to become a built-in Xbox Music app for the desktop which will retain all functionality from Zune, and Windows Media Player, while also offering access to the Xbox Music Store, and cross-device synchronization for content and devices itself.

• Jonathan Ibañez CojuangcoJonathan Ibañez Cojuangco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be great to simply merge the Nokia P.C. Suite, Nokia Ovi Suite, Windows Phone App and Zune into a general Windows Phone Hub that also syncs with what's soon to be Microsoft Mobile Oy's phones, and most of Microsoft's older phones, or at-least update the Zune desktop application/programme to become the Xbox Music application/programme and retain all functionality, because Zune has a large support base.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over sixteen thousand votes for this one. Let’s see if Microsoft will really listen to the users.

I have to agree with the masses. Zune was the best media hub and service I have ever used. Easy to sync and organization was spot on for my massive media library. I miss the integration between my WP7 and Zune. It worked and it worked very well! I was rather disappointed when I upgraded to WP8 and discovered the phone wouldn’t work with Zune. Then to sync my media on WP8, they gave us the Windows Phone app for desktop?? Are you kidding me?? What the **** kind of attempt is that? It is a major step back!

Xbox Music… it is horrible, I don’t like it. A playlist that was created in Zune had 200 songs, when it syncs to Xbox Music cloud, only 5 songs. So much for all day listening… A lot of the functionality that worked in Zune is gone. Again, another step backwards and that’s why my family still use the 3 Zune HDs and Windows 7.

Please, bring back Zune as the media hub and sync tool for WP8, Rebrand it and call it whatever you want. Then you’ll be very close to having the great smartphone!!

• GabrielGabriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the point of this user voice if MS won´t listen? One of the top requests is to bring Zune back, use it as syncing app to WP 8.
        Zune is a fantastic piece of software, elegant, beautiful and easy to use. Syncing with WP 7 was a breeze.

Why the change to those terrible and ridiculous Sync App and the worst app ever of Xbox Music.

I understand they want to move away from the Zune brand. Don't want it? Change the name, restyle it a bit and voi'la! For all user's sake.
        Make. Users. Happy.
        Just let WP 8 work with Zune (change the godamn name to whatever you want).

Zune is great. Xbox Music is ridiculous, a joke to us clowns.

Zune is the most elegant and beautiful piece of software on my computer. Nothing else compares. I will stick to the Desktop just for Zune. Please update it so we can use our Windows Phone 8 and newer WP devices with it. PLEEEAAASSSSE Microsoft. :-)

• BobbyBobby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zune was the best music app I have ever used. I don't understand why it would be discontinued when it was a superior product.

• MatthewMatthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't do anything reliably with the music or video apps. I had a Zune originally and it was amazing, it's baffling that throughout my time with Windows Phone (4 devices, 7.0 to 8.1!) the music experience has gotten worse *every single time*.

• wetworkerwetworker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not only the zune software you guys have to worry about any more. The new Xbox Music app is ****. It's a shame I can't go back to 8.0.

Do you guys have IOS and Android developers working on WP stuff? Hubs are getting taken out in place of static pages that are lifeless and boring.

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my music subscription until you guys get your stuff straight.

Hopefully the Guys creating the VLC player have a music app in the works.

• johnjohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the Zune software for desktop and windows phone or at least software with comparable quality. The past couple years have been pathetic as far as music management and playback.

• Jason WongJason Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows Phone 8.1 just makes the music experience even worse. Where have we gone wrong?

Zune was the best music application I ever used and I still use my ZuneHD today because of the ease of use and practicality. It's a shame to see that Microsoft had such a polished and well-done platform and threw it all away for the confusing and clunky new XBox Music.

• Dave GDave G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hate to say this but I just upgraded my 520 to the Winphone 8.1, and the Xbox music app is even worse than 8. No swipe the album art to move to next track so those of us using gloves in the winter now have to content with extremely small controls, playlist editing/creation is still the same bizarre affair it always was.

Virtually no other improvements. Not strictly related to the Zune syncing problem I know, but it's just amazing how incompetent MS is in this area. It's not only as if they've never seen their own software before, it's as if this is the first time they've ever been exposed to music playing/organizing of any kind.

The "Xbox Music" reset basically took them back to the early 90's. Utterly incomprehensible. Really, is the goal to make managing your own music library so obnoxious that you'll therefore pay $100 a year for streaming a limited selection? I'm trying to grasp at any sense of logic here.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was an HTC Titan II owner, it was my main multi-media player. What I loved about Zune is that I could organize my music to my exact specification and the UI made it ridiculously easy. Then I lose it and a get a lumia 520 thinking I'll just be able to hook it up and rock. But no I have to download a ****** program with a crappier UI. Syncing always ends with failed to sync errors. At that point i decided to wait it out a couple of months, if zune isnt reimplemented or Xbox music turned into a zune clone. Im going back to android.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree also with "Jan von Hamburg" - I am keeping Windows 7 on my desktop for at least the next 5-10 years due to the lack of Zune in Windows 8. I refuse to switch over to X-Box Music. The ONLY feature it has over Zune is cloud synchronization, which doesn't really mean a whole lot to me. Not at all. Zune is just better software. It did music, video, podcasts, and audiobooks. Why do we need 25 different apps to do each little aspect of working with our media? One app. Just One: Zune. That's all we need. Just call it Zune One, and make it synch to all WP8/8.1 phones, let us browse phone apps from within the software, as well as buy/organize music, TV Shows, Movies, Music Videos, Podcasts, and Audiobooks. This is not a difficult thing to do. Maybe another Steven Sinofsky should be let go from the X-Box Music/Video team if that's what's holding this up.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Agree with Anonymous 4-13-2014 @ 14:58. Zune was amazing, delightful, colorful, and intuitive. All it needed was the auto-playlists from Windows Media Player, and better organization of TV shows into series, seasons, and episodes (as opposed to showing every single video file, which takes forever to scroll through) and more TV/movie metadata fields.

X-Box Music, X-Box Video, and Podcasts are incredibly poor replacements that barely do anything for me. They're ugly, feature-poor, and are horrible for demonstrating to friends my Windows Phone. Oh, wait, I need a fourth app on my computer to synchronize files. Apple users have ONE APP: ITUNES. ONE APP. Please restore Zune and quite the nonsense of separate apps for everything.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 50 51

Feedback and Knowledge Base