Please enter your feature suggestion...

Continue to use Zune for media sync in WP

The WP sync app/manual copy is inferior to Zune for syncing media. Return to Zune for syncing media, including playlists and play counts.

16,593 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    EntegyEntegy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1056 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MathmeMathme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Unfortunately, Windows Phone 8.1 does not support Zune. " Yes, We get that, hence the request. Because of this sort of ****, I'm waiting for my time to be up at sprint so I can replace it with another Android.

• Nic MyersNic Myers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have so, so much to say. But nary a peep from Microsoft about music functionality. I have been a very long time user of Windows phones. I also owned the original and HD Zunes. They were innovative and their UI inspired the now-synonymous-with-Microsoft metro interface. The workflows were efficient and intuitive. Aesthetically it was beautiful. And best of all it wasn't nearly the memory hog iTunes was.

Sadly many of us were crushed by you wp7.5 to wp8 transition when it turned out that the we had to "sync" music using an application that appears to have been built circa 1992. In all honesty I probably saw better looking applications in 1992. Certainly more functional and easier to use.

If I was in a position of authority at Microsoft, heads would be rolling. Absolutely firing someone for making this far down the road and still not have addressed the litany of issues with wp8 music management. And that there isn't even so much as a reasonable explanation, thanks ir otherwise for all of us that share suggestions-even more insulting. After bragging and bragging about how much better wp7 and 7.5 were. wp8 was a gigantic step back, all for its awful music experience.

PS: ask me how many times I have gone over my bandwidth quota because you don't make it easy to download songs. Oh and ask how often I listen to streaming music underground on the train in DC ir inside buildings with poor connectivity ir on road trips where signal sometimes drops. .sigh.

and yet despite all this, and many other posts. I and the rest of us will continue to be completely and utterly ignored. Despite being a subscriber to Zune and Xbox music for eons... I may soon give up and move to Android. I have no other choice.

• ShadesirenShadesiren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You got to do SOMETHING. I can NOT believe how awful, backward, pathetic, simplistic in the worst way, featureless, awkward, UN-intuitive, uncooperative, and just plain TERRIBLE the current "xbox music" app is. I have never in my life been SO disappointed in a windows product - and I've been a supporter since freaking DOS. Get your act together. My OLDEST phone has a better music player, and it's TEN YEARS OLD. Microsoft should be SEVERELY embarrassed by this app!! ASHAMED of themselves even!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zune is the best music app there is. I really wish this could be re examined. I'm sure the community all feels this way.

• Marcus SandersMarcus Sanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please reconsider this. Those of us with Zune and Win Phone 8 would appreciate it. Or at least duplicate the experience with Xbox music. Right now it is horrible compared to the Zune interface/functionality.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best music app still out there is the Zune desktop player and yet you won't update it to work with Windows Phone 8?

• MaxMax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do the people at Microsoft not have problems with their own ****** software?

Every time there is and Xbox Music update, I get excited only to find that essentially nothing is different.

It isn't that hard. Take Zune, rename it, change the look to match Win8, and roll it out.

• RedOctober5RedOctober5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

16,5k votes and that's all we get... "WP8.1 doesn't support Zune use something else"... What a cop out answer.. To be quite honest the user experience on my WP7 & 7.5 was far more enjoyable and using Zune was one of those main reasons.. Isn't this user voice set up to help Microsoft make their products better.. And us the consumer are telling you that a big misstep was taken walking away from a program like Zune... Bring it back.. Rename it if it didn't sell under that name.. You Microsoft have proven to us in the past that you can make some good enjoyable software... Its time to step up and do it again...

• John EppendorfJohn Eppendorf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will try to phrase this as delicately as I am capable of and I am not vitriolic here, I am genuinely curious. Is the Windows Phone team unwilling to comprehend the underlying problem that caused users to put almost 17,000 votes behind this idea, or are you collectively mentally incapable of understanding that the "multiple ways to sync media on Windows Phone today" are deemed inferior to a product that was discontinued almost half a decade ago?

I will make a wild generalization and allege that the majority of users does rather not care if their synchronization program is called (or based) on Zune, Xbox, iTunes or whatever.

We want the functionality of Zune. We want to sync our local music without having to worry about the sync program to mess with the metadata, create duplicates, regularly crash, try to stream music we already own, and all the other "features" you introduced with the decision to change from Zune to Xbox Music when transitioning from WP7 to WP8.

For all that is holy, just provide us with a solution that works before we collectively synonymize Xbox with itsucks.

• Simon GregorySimon Gregory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, so 16.5k votes and over 1000 comments - declined. The powers that be still don't realise the problem and insist we have adequate syncing options!? Unfortunately they are not fit for purpose.

I think we all understand that MS can't bring back the original Zune application, so here's a uservoice suggestion to request the sync and organisational features (we are still missing) are brought to XBox Music:
        http://xboxmusic.uservoice.com/forums/209733-xbox-music-suggestion-box/suggestions/5794685-fix-sync-experience-it-needs-an-overhaul

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree with your declining. The Windows Phone app is horrible. Zune is better

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dispute your declining. X-Box Music, X-Box Video, and the Windows Phone synch app are all horrible in interface and disgustingly limited in features. Zune was both attractive and feature-rich. Please restore it.

• Kevin RushKevin Rush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea has 16,593 votes and you disregard it. Everyone should log in, and enter the suggestion again. Only a fool declines an idea so popular and tells its customers to use the tools available from the competing fruit company!

What are you thinking? Mobile Guru should be fired.

• Kevin RushKevin Rush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mobile Guru, you are wrong. No amount of sticking your head in the sand and playing ignorant will convince us that the fledgling Xbox music software is a reasonable solution! ZUNE PC desktop software is a mature and elegant solution. MS has said we should use the fruit Tunes software to sync our music, but why? You can't tell me that the fruit company can figure out a solution but you can't just adjust the ZUNE PC software, the beautiful ZUNE PC software to work? This is beyond stupid.

• FritzlyFritzly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Both the Desktop and the Metro apps to sync WP with a Desktop/ Laptop/ Tablet are, to put it mildly, pathetic. It is ridiculous that MS was not able to fix this issue. You cannot throw away something that works ( the Zune) without having a better, more capable substitute ready or at least in the pipeline. It is just a show of incompetence and arrogance.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53

Feedback and Knowledge Base