Please enter your feature suggestion...

Make Xbox Video compatible with Windows Phone

Make Xbox Music & Video copying compatible with Windows Phone 8, such as transferring music or videos purchased through Zune or Xbox Music & Video on Windows 8 Pro.

6,167 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ethan BoothEthan Booth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion and feedback Always great to see this. While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. Keep those votes and suggestions coming!

131 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike MariniMike Marini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make this happen...two years later and we are still waiting for a fix to the DRM lockout on WP8

• Dedwin HedonDedwin Hedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I've spent hundreds of dollars on television shows on my xbox 360 and can't watch them on a phone that has many other compatibility features for the two devices. I want to watch my frisky dingo on my phone! Please help us!

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So my purchased xbox videos are dead with wp7????? I have learned my lesson with buying digital downloads. This is the type of thing that makes people go torrenting.

• William HoustonWilliam Houston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you serious? I have about 50 videos / movies within the Windows family of products. I bought a Windows 8 phone SPECIFICALLY because I thought it would support, without issue, viewing these videos on a Windows phone and I find out I can't view, nor can I convert, them.

WTH, Microsoft? I've been supporting you for decades, and you're bending me over a table here.

• Lisa winderLisa winder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the look of wp8 and love the lumia but when i found out that wp8 doesn't have the option to buy movies on the go or to be able to download the latest films, it stopped me from buying a wp8 device. Please please change this before iPhone 5s comes out, as I really wanna give wp8 a go. Thanks.

• CaseCase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today is August 9, 2013, and I still can't do something as simple and as basic as rent or purchase a movie from Xbox Video on my phone. I remember November 19, 2012 like it was yesterday when this article was released on WP central http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8-doesn-t-support-xbox-video
        By that time it was already too late, I'd had already purchased my windows phone 8 device not knowing that this feature wouldn’t be available on WP8 when it was already available on Zune and WP7 and was advertised as being an available feature on Xbox video site. Had I known this fact I would’ve not purchased this WP8 device and instead would’ve purchased iphone or some android device in which I could rent or purchase movies on the phone.
        Lesson learned, I’ll never purchase a windows phone blindly without checking or asking someone first about the features and capabilities. The only reason I fell into this trap was because Microsoft advertised about it being there at the time when the OS was launched and didn’t announce the unavailability of this feature until November 19, 2012 when they released this knowledge base on their support page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2768674
        Very sad, very disappointing and very embarrassing…

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And btw they removed the image of the phone on the Xbox Movies page. So now it's no false advertising anymore, the phone image is only on Xbox Music page. But I really want this feature.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And when adding DRM to WP8, also make a Xbox Movies App to buy movies over Xbox Movies on the go! Every other OS has it! We all want to watch movies in the plane etc.

• CaseCase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was shocked when I first got my windows phone 8 device and found out that I could not sync movies I bought on Xbox video app in windows 8 when I was able to do this on windows phone 7 and Zune application. I can’t rent or purchase movies from the Xbox video app on the phone itself like I can do on Windows 8/RT. At least with windows phone 7 I was able to sync the movie to my phone through Zune application. I don’t understand why Microsoft would remove a very important feature of its own service and application. This is only one of many features missing in WP8, I could ignore the rest, but this one is unacceptable. Now, there’s no way I can put a movie purchased from the Xbox video service onto my WP8 device

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got loads of movies and would love to watch them on my phone but cant please Microsoft don't want to change phone to iphone

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base