Please enter your feature suggestion...

Windows 8 phone full synch with outlook - PLEASE!!!!!!

Microsoft,
Were almost in 2013 and still no full sych option for outlook and phone or tablet? What's up MS, what is the problem here? You have hoards of business users (especially stand alone like me) and we have desperately been waiting for a simple solution to have our phones/tablets synch with all the features of outlook we organize our lives around.

If you want to keep and build loyal MS customers, start by addressing this major need, PLEASE! I saw the new Windows 8 phones were out and was potentially interested in buying for the whole family unitl I found out these still do not offer full synch with outlook or have an outlook lite. This is really riduclous and completely ignores the needs of your business users. So, I won't be buying Windows phones and am going to make the plunge to Apple for everything despite the learning curve hassle.

I am stunned how much MS is out of touch with simple needs like this--my 14-year old Palm Pilot was a better synch solution than what you have now.

My suggesstion: Get this resolved immediately and even better get a cloud solution as well. I would also suggest you start answering the phone and talking to customers and helping with solutions to their needs--Apple has been extremely helpful answering my questions and I can't even find a contact number for you.. At this point, I'm a lost customer. I love your Outlook and Office products, but I'm tired of waiting for MS to get on the ball.

157 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SmithSmith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PieterPieter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We bought Apple for local sync ability because broadband is not available to us, same as about the bulk of the global Internet population. iCloud services including sync functionality therefore is mostly impossible. Using iCloud sync where users are stuck with GPRS/Edge or, alternatively, insanely expensive data services, is a real nightmare. Then there is a problem with signal availability. 3.5G+ is only available in major centres on three continents and even then, it is not always reliable. Users should have the choice to decide whether to use local sync or the iCloud.

For example, Africa has roughly 1 billion people and a 15,6% internet saturation. This number is growing at a whopping rate of 3,600%. Three thousand six hundred per cent. Most of these users are relatively poor and cannot afford dearly expensive 3G/4G/LTE. They make use of 2G mostly and even then they have to only use the Internet when it really is necessary, so as to keep it being affordable. Mobile phones are being used mostly for Mixit, Whatsapp, BBM and WeChat. Of course, we are all dreaming of fast LTE and cloud services that will be making our lives easier, yet it remains evasive. People do not understand the vast distance and areas involved, and I am posting a link here to put Africa, for example, to give you some perspective. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-together.html

Now imagine the enormous cost of erecting infrastructure and then to recoup it from a user base. Africa, parts of Australasia, Oceania and South America all suffer from the same problems and it even is evident that some European users are being affected adversely.

Apple, Nokia and Blackberry are losing market share very fast and especially Apple and Nokia are antagonising their loyal user base by not realising how these millions of people live and work. Samsung is taking Africa by storm and especially dual-SIM units sell as fast as it can be imported. Most users in developing nations need two or three mobile phones each to have signal from the various service providers, as that obviously is another variable to factor into the equation.

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is just outrageous. Google and Apple do a better job than Microsoft. WTF is Microsoft thinking?

They have the most powerful contact and calendar software on the planet. If they create a fully integrated Outlook App on the Windows 8 phone -- and Office 365 Contacts, by the way -- they would take over a huge amount of corporate business.

I use contact categories, which Gmail now synch's well. But not so for the Window's phone.

Totally Tragic.

I ask this at the Microsoft Stores and they can only give a blank stare and a canned corporate answer.

I am a huge Outlook and Microsoft fan, but the company is flat footed on this, and cannot get off its heels.

It is the huge Key to capture a sizable % of the phone market!

• Steve B.Steve B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very sad that Apple products sync with Outlook and Win 8 cannot not. That is just incredibly sad! WTF MS! Please get a clue!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ironic, it is much easier to sync Outlook to the iphone than to a windows phone. Microsoft, sort it out please

• SandroSandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think today is easy to sync your personal data with whatever device including W8 once. You may need use web based services such yahoo or google and connect your outlook and w8 phone to the same account. Game is there over.. no need for exchange servers (that in any case works simply great) anyway it is up to you to decide. I use iPad, nokia lumia and win7 laptop plus imac desktop all is perfectly sync without any additional software.

• Chip ColburnChip Colburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Microsoft. All Outlook 2010 functions & data should be synched between the user's phone & desktop.

Re: Jay Garland's comment · January 30, 2013 12:03 p.m. does anyone have a report or reference on synching using SkyDrive?

Akruto Sync provides local syncronization, as someone else noted below. Contacts, calendar and tasks sync directly with outlook with help of Akruto. I am content with my Nokia Lumia 920 thanks to Akruto. Otherwise, i would have gone with Android. Cloud sync is out of question for me also.

I agree. I just bought a win 8 phone and plan on returning it tomorrow. I just wanted a simple sync between outlook on my pc and my phone -like my blackberry did. MS is such a piece of **** company. Ishould have known better.

Give Akruto Sync a try. It will sync data over cellular network or over Wi-Fi. This product's focus is to avoid using cloud but the sync itself is much better than anything i have seen out there. http://www.akruto.com/documentation/ It really is a very cool product. Akruto enables easy sync of any windows 8 phone with outlook and their instructions and support are excellent.

• John VardalasJohn Vardalas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with everyone's frustration. Outlook 2010 is a cornertone for many of MS's customer base. Not have an easy way to synch to another MS based device (i.e. Windows 8 phone) seamlessly to Outlook 2010 seems absurd.

Many of us have email addresses that we cannot easily give up for an MS account. Furthermoe our email address is tied to countless services with notification features. So we have too much invested in our email address to change. THough POP3 Outlook 2010 takes care of all that. We have too much invested to change. If MS forces us to change, then we might as well move to Google or Apple.

• Jay GarlandJay Garland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you know about SkyDrive? That seems a good option in regard to sychroninising - I'm looking into that at the moment. I too am holding off making my purchase of a W8 phone pending my evaluation of its ability to synchronise with my Outlook data - my situation is a little more complex as I use Business Contact Manager!

• PhioPhio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Nokia 920 sync's fully with my Outlook through Exchange. Mails, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, etc. Love it.

I was looking into getting a Nokia 920 and then I read an Amazon review that warned me that you can't sync your Outlook information. WTF! I thought there was no way it could be true and it seems it really is. He said he found a work around with the Akruto Sync app, but it is $20. I have been with Apple since the first gen iPhone and am bored with them and wanted to try something new. I guess I will just have to stick with Apple. Balmer needs to go and they need to get some new Microsoft management with some real vision.

Received Nokia 920 today and cannot synchronise with standalone Outlook 2010. How ridiculous is a company that does not support synchronisation of its own products. Wife receive an iPhone 5 last week and plugged it into iTunes which synchronised to the local Outlook 2010 and proceeded to setup all the email accounts automatically on the phone, excellent Apple experience, wish I could say the same with my Win 8 phone experience.

• K.K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. I was excited about buying the new Windows 8, but now that I have it, I can't link it to my Outlook account at work. I have 14 days to return, and I just might do that. Despite my satisfaction with the other features, as well as the look of the phone, I need to be able to access my work e-mail at all times, just like many other people. I agree with the suggestion to fix this problem immediately, or end up losing more customers to the iphone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base