Please enter your feature suggestion...

Medical Apps needed ePocrates/Medscape etc on Windows 8 platform

When is WP8 going to support medical apps like ePocrates/Medscape, currently I use an old Windows mobile PDA to use the medical apps and the Lumia 920 as my phone.I do not understand why MS does not work with the most popular vendors to get them develop the app for Windows 8 platform.Most of the hospitals are on MS products and it would be great if MS & vendors can colloborate to supoort the medical professionals to get ePocrates/Medscape and other vendors to develop apps for the Win 8 platform

212 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SamaSama shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • prasoonsebastianprasoonsebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the kind information of all.... Medscape offline version is available along with Drugscape... Though it is not an updated version... It will be useful as something is better than nothing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This just shows either a lack of insight or just pure callousness.I had to keep my Lumia 525 in cold storage because of the lack of any decent comprehensive medical suite for doctors.
        The phone and the rest of the software is fantastic.
        What a shame.No wonder they are struggling.

• DonoDono commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to keep my wife from joining the i-clones, but as a nurse she needs a mobile app and all her coworkers are i-clones. I really don't want that format in my house, but if nobody will step up and provide something like medscape then I don't know what else I can do. I know of other medical professionals who are abandoning ship out of pure necessity, its sad because there are a lot of medical professionals and to not see to their needs means they will be forced to not use windows phones.

I bought the Nokia Lumia 720 a few days ago and was very impressed with its sleek design and affordability. However, ot was only after I brought it home that I discovered that there's a dearth of medical apps such as medscape for windows phones. Although pinning the pages to the start screen may work, I work in a place with no internet access, hence need to download the application in its entirety. Please please make these apps available asap! Nokia will lose a lot of dedicated customers due to the lack of such apps!

I bought the Nokia Lumia 720 a few days ago and was very impressed with its sleek design and affordability. However, ot was only after I brought it home that I discovered that there's a dearth of medical apps such as medscape for windows phones. Although pinning the pages to the start screen may work, I work in a place with no internet access, hence need to download the application in its entirety. Please please make these apps available asap! Nokia will lose a lot of dedicated customers due to the lack of such apps!

• jimmyjimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft is losing a huge chunk of the market by not having these apps

• sangyesangye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello boss ,eureka, i just figured a way out. on the windows phone 8, which uses the real IE browser, set up an account on medscape and login, maek sure you select remember me, once you are in the drug reference page, pin the page to the start page and eureka you have it!!!! you do not have to login in everytime you look up a drug. i knows its not the better than a dedicated app, but its defintiely better than nothing, hope that helped......made my life so much easier. does not work with epocrates

Where the heck is epocrates on windows???... i might have to change this phone soon if no reasonable medical apps show up on the microsoft app store

Feedback and Knowledge Base