Please enter your feature suggestion...

double press the 'windows' key while on start screen to refresh tiles

The live tiles don't seem to refresh as often as some would like. It would be great if we could simply press the 'windows' key (the middle button under the screen) twice and have all the tiles refresh as well as possible flip. Right now we have to wait for them to flip on their own...double pressing the windows key to flip as well as refresh would be a quick and easy way to overcome these obstacles.

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Artur TupiassuArtur Tupiassu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If not a double tap on start button, but at least the tiles could refresh at a higher rate. Actually, the tiles remain outdated for too long (ex.: facebook or whatsapp number of notifications or unread messages take too long to appear correctly and updated on the tile).

• GeronimoGeronimo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Double- tapping the start button sounds like a good way to refresh all the tiles. However, what if u just want to refresh individual tiles....don't know where the notification center will ultimately go but as of right it would be nice if flicking the tile to the right would flip it and refresh...instant gratification.....ooooh yea...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the idea and I think double tap is the way to go- you may accidentally hit the windows key from your start screen and not actually want to use your data to refresh the tiles.

A double tap would make this more 'idiot proof'.

• Mike SafiolesMike Safioles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not just a single tap while you're already on the start screen? Pushing the windows key on the start screen just pulls you back up to the top, doesn't it?

Feedback and Knowledge Base