Please enter your feature suggestion...

Support for full Bluetooth profiles - including accessories, keyboards, low energy

Windows Phone loses usability, market visibility and relevance, and falls behind competing products by not supporting the HID Bluetooth profile (and others) for actions such as hooking up Bluetooth accessories including game controllers, keyboards, and low energy accessories e.g. sport (Pebble). Full compatibility between WP8 and the massive Bluetooth ecosystem is important to

14,348 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    MitchellMitchell shared a merged idea: Proper Bluetooth SPP support for Pebble Smartwatch and other accessories.  ·   · 
    Nicola DelfinoNicola Delfino shared a merged idea: bluetooth 4 and BLE support  ·   · 
    Leo PusateriLeo Pusateri shared a merged idea: Need HID Bluetooth profile for external Bluetooth Keyboards  ·   · 
    Jeremy BryantJeremy Bryant shared a merged idea: More Bluetooth Profiles (BIP, BPP, FTP, HID, SPP, rSAP, etc)  ·   · 
    Jonathon PeetJonathon Peet shared a merged idea: HID Bluetooth Keyboard Compatibility - LIKE EVERY OTHER PHONE!  ·   · 
    Christos GalousisChristos Galousis shared a merged idea: BlueTooth Printing  ·   · 

310 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since promoting the use of MS Office products so much it is absolutely outrageous to not enable the HID-BT-protocol for keyboards. I heard some voices stating that would cannibalize sales on MS surface tablets.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users have been asking for HID for years now. The other platforms have it. Even Symbian had it.

On the basis that I would not wish to accuse Microsoft of being stupid that leaves them as being bloody minded in not including a simple profile their loyal users have consistently requested.

• José Manuel NietoJosé Manuel Nieto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bluetooth Support in Windows Phone 8.1 is really bad. I have a MOGA Pro POWER Gamepad and it while it works, it lags badly. Games are unplayable.

Also, I have a Logitec K810 keyboard that I cannot pair with my WPhone.

Please, add support for it. Support for a wide variety of accessories is basic for a mobile OS to be successful. Android has supported those HID profiles for ages. And MOGA is officially supported for iOS and Android. Come on, go raise this OS with some excellence, men! Satisfy customers!

I have spent in Windows Phone more euros than I ever did in Android. I bet on you, I promote you. I post tweets talking goodness about you. Will you bet on me?

Come on! I want to be proud of this! I'm a MS .NET developer and I know you all Microsoft Devs are geniuses. Go give this cool OS a big push!

Really need to use BT keyboard to get more productivity out of Office and Email apps on WP. Please enable BT HID SUPPORT!!!

I have been with Sprint since the days of the dinosaurs (dinosaur phones that is). (Unfortunately Sprint currently only offers one HTC and one Samsung Windows Phone.) Except for a short stint with Blackberry, I have always had a PC Phone. I am currently using an HTC Arrive with a slide out keyboard (WP7). I have been holding out on upgrading (I've had this phone for almost 4 years), exactly because of the keyboard issue.

Android phones are toys, not really intended for business. Blackberry was very email and business friendly but proprietary. Apple has done an exceptional job of being business and toy friendly...so long as you also have a Mac or Apple computer to pair with your iPhone, iPad and other Apple platform devices.

I truly hope and pray that Windows wakes up one day very soon and realizes that those of us who use their smartphones for business need a phone with a compatible keyboard either on board or that connects to our phones wirelessly (Bluetooth or even hardwired for that matter).

WHY ELSE WOULD ANYONE BUY A WINDOWS PHONE IF IT WASN'T FOR BUSINESS!!!

I don't want a gazillion aps to play with. I want productivity apps that will help me get actual work done when I am on the run away from the office and that will continue to work seamlessly across all Windows platforms (PC, Laptop, Tablet, Phone), allowing me to use my full Office Suite (documents, contacts, calendar, etc.) in a way that they are always updated in the cloud. That part they get and do very well. (No longer having to physically sync my phone with my home/office computer?...now that was a good trick.)

The keyboard?!...@#$%^&*

Please for heaven's sake, for the sake of your company, and the sake of the sanity of all of us business folks who have been committed to Office, Windows and Microsoft -- focus on the business at hand! (literally) If you don't, everyone will migrate to Apple and Microsoft will be done, a dinosaur, extinct!

(I obviously did not type all this on my WP8 phone.)

• peSHIrpeSHIr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WP 8.1 Update 1 (Developer Preview) has internet sharing over Bluetooth. Too bad I don't have that car any more and no other BT devices that can make use of internet over BT. But I'm very glad this has been added!

• PP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Office without an external keyboard and a small stand is a waste, even fro a Lumia 925

• Jose KercadoJose Kercado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need keyboard support. Ironic that we have Office yet we cannot take advantage of a keyboard, especially for devices like the Lumia 1520.

• Matt WMatt W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Compatibility to connect Bluetooth printers would be great. Wireless won't work if out in the field unless the printer can connect to the same IP network as the phone... not sure how this would work! Bluetooth please!!!!

• LionLion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

should have a long time ago, i have a Nokia Su-8w and wanted to use in my nokia phone

• Chris AuldChris Auld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others have noted, the lack of Bluetooth PAN NAP profile support means that customers with modern Euro cars are unable to use their internet connected entertainment systems. Is a problem on Volvo, Merc, BMW, Audi.

• AHJAHJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Mercedes Command Online system, more then 2000 euro is useless because of no dun support on my Nokia Lumia 925 windows 8.1 Phone.

• Alex MAlex M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My FitBit is essentially useless now because WP 8.1 doesn't fully support BTLE. Please help.

Most modern cars (like Volvo V60, new Mercedes C-class, etc.) use BT Tethering (I guest with the BT PAN protocol) to provide internet connectivity for Life Traffic and other services. Any modern Android or iOS Phone works like a charm, but not Windows Phone 8.1! Why?
        Please provide the full BT stack.

• VINRULEZVINRULEZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

USB ON THE GO feature is embedded in the snapdragon s4 chip,just needed a os link between the chip,like they bring the fm radio in the gdr2 update, Please vote for this feature in Windows Phone suggestion Box here, http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/4699337-need-usb-on-the-go-otg-in-windows-phone

Pls refer the following figure for clarification http://i.imgur.com/ckHPtAa.jpg

http://agyatlabs.blogspot.in/2014/04/if-windows-phone-will-get-otg-support.html?m=1

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base