Please enter your feature suggestion...

MLB.tv Compatible MLB At Bat App For Windows Phone 8

We need an At Bat app that has the same functionality as basically every other device out there. You can stream MLB.tv on iPhone, iPad, any Android device and Kindle Fire. There is even word that it will soon be on a Blackberry device! It is ridiculous that Windows is the only platform on which this service doesn't exist. It doesn't even have an app for Windows 8.

287 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ozze232ozze232 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just upgraded to a windows phone yesterday and am actually thinking of returning the phone due to the lack of mlb.tv support. It is on Xbox but not windows phone?????

I'm completely baffled by this and the lack of I heart radio. Probably the two most popular apps ever and they are not available. Had I realized this I never would have switched from Android to Windows. My Windows phone is great in many ways, but I hate the fact it doesn't have At Bat.

It is absolutely crazy that MLB & Microsoft an't get Gameday working on Windows Phone 8....

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe I just read the following concerning At Bat 13 and MLB.tv premium:

The At Bat 13 offer is available on supported iOS and Android devices only. MLB.TV Premium is not available on Windows Phone devices or Blackberry.

This was in bold no less.

So basically Windows Phone is getting no love and BB is not getting the kind of love I originally thought.

My question is what kind of hardware demands does MLB.tv require? Why does the NFL app work perfectly on my Nokia 822 yet MLB at Bat Premium will not. This makes no sense. Please Microsoft can we have this corrected. Opening Day is today and there is no love.

• drmdrm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like BlackBerry has a fully functioning version of this app, this is the one app that could make me regret my windows phone purchase. I've posted on MLB's support forum and will likely call to cancel and request a refund. If you really want an app, MLB is probably the best place to pressure.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. We need AtBat and not that ****** version you had on WP7 either.

Feedback and Knowledge Base