Please enter your feature suggestion...

We need Microsoft to listen to our ideas and DO something

Ok, we're here after a year of WP8. We're about to get the GDR2 update and we're still not getting anything from the TOP ideas of this forum.

Sometimes I'm wondering Microsoft is listening or not. Or they just simply try to convince us to buy the phone and then leave us here.

GDR2 is just a small update, I see no actual features with high demand from customer on this update.

Things need to changed, OR, we'll leave this OS. Do something, Microsoft, before it's too late.

Who's with me, please vote!

16,478 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tùng Hà (WinphoneViet)Tùng Hà (WinphoneViet) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

We’re definitely here and paying attention to what you folks are asking for…

Of course this takes time and energy – a lot of work went into Windows Phone 8 and there’s a lot of great new features in GDR3. But, we still intend to improve the user experience for you with new features, and still more after that.

As always, if you think any of our features need improvement, be sure to create a new product suggestion so we can track it and other users can vote on your ideas. And while we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. We’re always listening!

1288 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MarcoMarco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Changes that we would like to see in the next Update:
        - The Start softkey flashes to notify
        - New Option Glance: glance appears only if there are notifications. (even in power saving mode)
        - Reorganization of the list settings
        - Fixed startscreen, if you view the screen in a fully (elimination of the arrow on the right)
        - Delete (or new style) of the letters in the lists
        - Viewing details of Office files (megabytes, date, etc.)
        - The app "File Manager" also manages files on Onedrive, Office, and all the pdf downloaded.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HAVE A IDEA THAT HOW WE CAN MAKE AHUMAN BRAIN LIKE A COMPUTER.STRANGE!BUT LISTEN.
        WHEN WE ON COMPUTER,OUR ALL ATTENTION ON COMPUTER WHILE WE PLAYING GAME OR DO ANOTHER WORK.WE CAN SAY THAT COMPUTER IS SO STRONG/CHALLENGER AS CAMPARE TO US.BUT IF WE TAKE 50% ENERGY OF COMPUTER IN OUR BRAIN THEN WHAT HAPPEN .?OUR BRAIN ACT LIKE A COMPUTER.YES OR NO?BUT HOW? MY RESEARCH SAY THAT WE MAKE ATYPE OF SOFTWARE/CHIP OR ANY OTHER SOURCE WHICH CAN TRANSFER 50% ENERGY TO OUR BRAIN AND INCREASE OUR MEMORY RANGE.THEN THERE IS A BIG TOURNEMENT BETWEEN A COMPUTER AND HUMAN.THEN WE CAN CHALLENGE TO OUR COMPUTER.WE CAN SAVE ANY DOCUMENT/INSTRUCTIONS/INFORMATION IN OUR BRAIN AND ALSO REMOVE IT LIKE A COMPUTER.WE CAN FIND ANY DISEASE IN OUR BODY IF IT WILL BIRTH OR ANY CHEMICAL REACTION AND ALSO DISCOVER ITS MEDICINE.ANY OTHER SUGGESTION ABOUT IT. PLEASE TELL.BUT IT IS VERY DIFFICULT PROJECT.WE WILL WORK IN ATEAM .DON'T REJECT IT,PLEASE.THANKS BEST OF LUCK.

Hi, I have noticed a strange thing in Microsoft Outlook. The user is able to set up meeting for any past date which is logically not possible. For eg. Today is 26th Jun'14 and if I try I can set up meetings for 20th Jun'14 the Outlook will not ask me any question and no prompt message.

I like what i see with windows phone 8.1. I would like to see the stylus come back. I always have liked them. I am sure I am not the only one. I feel that you are holding yourself back. OneNote would be a great platform to utilize for a stylus on a windows phone. I think you could come up with your own version of a Galaxy note, "Windows style".

• Bogdan21Bogdan21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft , please make a hub where we can have all the notifications that we missed or didn't see , and let the apps update more frequently.

hi plzzzzzzzz tell me that the windows8 in our pc is having backgroud themes back of tiles but why this type of background theme is not in winodws8 phone plzzzz do that its matter lot

• Steeve PierreSteeve Pierre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, read this carefully, I've been a windows phone fan for a while now I just switched to android. It's very functional, I still think you guys can take over. Here are a few suggestions that will help you gain ground. Have the next phone with built in projector/halogram movie streaming and better skype. Next phone with front camera with flashlight in the front. I got so many ideas for you guys. Contact me for more.

Why the heck my phone is heating a lot when playing games and sometime my Nokia Lumia 520 freezing a lot and the bad made worst by Microsoft that I still don't know when they release windows GDR3 update for 520 curse u microsoft companies like you always ditch by masses because of attitude towards customer that's why you guys far behind Apple and Google. No good app base and the worst part is whatever app the store have is paid like 360₹ at the time when market players providing everything free, Microsoft still trying to steal the customer money and give them a big hole in their pocket windows store and OS lack some basic feature which you can even find on Feature phone or micromax no call recorder, no cache cleaner, no video player codec, no file manager and I don't know what's taking space under other section in (setting-storage check- details) cant move apps in sd card, cant attach direct attachment in emails no file manager no notification centre and the list is long.

• KanishkaKanishka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to know why the simple way of connecting to computer and syncing with your outlook is removed? I have entered a wrong email address and its not synching with the col-m.hotmail.com giving error. I want to do hard rest for the phone but cannot as the contacts wont sync. Any ideas for this?

• sarasara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want beat ios and android must be better with apps. Make real facebook and real youtube like it us on windows pc.funny thinks is that only iphone is real pc on mobile. You.must make that because nokia lumia is best phone...PUT REAL PHOTOSHOP. NOBODY MADE THAT...

• KrisKris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

File manager please. for my Lumia 920. My old Samsung Omnia has it. If Microsoft or Nokia don't give it. What company does. so next time I can deal with that company.

I want chose munti item in my phonebook, why can i delete some thing without a conect internet ????

• chaos devilchaos devil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i got an idea how about putting an devices to a high end...
        Shortcuts at anywhere which is hidden like ubuntu
        a homescreen with a lot of customization which open to users which modified thier own home screen where throw out dekstop a fluid screen which costomize the program add or remove adding apps which at side of the windows screen slide out...
        Adding code which is just not so complicated n software can attached "0" off "1" on low comsumption of voltage which code play a inportant role of hardware n software which is helping each other...
        @a laptop try create sumtimes that extraordinary which means a thinks of a notebook with no screen which a projecter coming out like a screen,no keyboard just a plain smooth area which the side of two end of notebooks has an projecter change when u need a keyboard coming out when u nid a drawing pad pops out when u nid a gaming controller pos out it just like a multiple usage with high spec n low pricing notebook

• Aoyagi AichouAoyagi Aichou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of work went into the OS? Please, show me what did the work go into, I can't seem to find anything that would even remotely resemble something that is a result of long hard work... of course, except HERE applications, but that works is unrelated to MS in any way.

• nivasnivas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ha ha... To give the basic features if it takes time then what about extra n improved features. Oh! pps! I am getting excited..
        Hey forgot to mention, wht do U say abt windows 7.8, go to ****?
        Ho.. ye... We already feeling same.

• David A. LessnauDavid A. Lessnau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just completed switching both our phones from WP8 Nokia Lumia 920s to Android Google (LG) Nexus 5s because of the non-responsiveness of Microsoft in getting these WP8 holes fixed. Now, I see they've closed the very thread commenting on that non-responsiveness. Looks like we made the right decision by abandoning the platform.

• JosJos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm looking forward to run custom ROMs on my ATIV S , cause the update speed of this premium phone (i paid 500€) is just unexisting . I even haven't received GDR2 yet ..

• SagarSagar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We know it takes time and energy, but the features we asked for weren't huge or complicated, they were just basic features that shouldn't be hard for the engineers at MICROSOFT!

• Aoyagi AichouAoyagi Aichou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fail, that's all there is. Glacial update speed, zero good features... WP is obviously used only as a marketing tool for Xbone, W8 and "cloud".

← Previous 1 3 4 5 63 64

Feedback and Knowledge Base