Please enter your feature suggestion...

We need Microsoft to bring 12 updates which bring 50 new features instead of a PR update which brings 600 new features at once!!!

Stop with the ******** that you don’t have enough resources to bring more functionality to the GDR updates, we all know you have multiple teams working parallel! And you can’t tell me that 70% of the work on Windows Phone Blue aka 8.1 isn’t done already! Instead of saving those new features for a new major update so you can shout into the world look we bring 600 new updates to our Phone you should pack them and send the finished features out each month!!! You are a runner up for god sake!!! You can’t tell me that an improved calendar or orientation lock isn’t finished already! And for a calendar update you don’t need carrier testing! That is only needed for cellular changes, so bring it on!!!

Your current users are your biggest fans but we don’t dare to bring our friends over to the Windows Phone because we know it lacks a lot of features, some simple ones ,some bigger! We are the ones that when we believe in the product will bring over multiple users, no ad campaign can do that to your platform that easy but you have to let us believe in you and your product! And that is something you aren’t doing, you are frustrating your current users!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason your current users stepped in the WP environment was because we thought and believed that you would do everything to make it a success as fast as possible! Why, because your beautiful product Windows gives you the best user experience and the most functionality there is to find! With IE and the Xbox you did everything to be the number one even killing your opponents! We accepted that WP wouldn’t be the best OS out there but we thought it wouldn’t be that long before we see improvements! But after Mango and NoDo we haven’t seen any real improvements! WP 7.5 has even more functionality then WP8! With Windows we have always had backward compatibility, if there is one company that always delivered that it was Microsoft but now you smashed your great reputation with WP7.x, how stupid can you be??????????????? It was the one thing with which you could convince people to come to WP but you ****** it up big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So stop behaving as the number one and be a runner up which means bringing features as soon as they are finished and tested! Even Nokia http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/494885/20130726/nokia-microsoft-needs-evolve-windows-phone-succeed.htm finds you to go slow! We prefer seeing an update each week instead of each month but we understand that will cost to much resources but come on step up the game and stop releasing big updates! Only market leaders can afford to bring big updates not runner ups! Look how many updates Chrome brought to the table at the beginning of their existence, watch and learn!!!!!!!

962 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JohannespreektJohannespreekt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mattmatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree there's no point supporting a phone for like so many years if U only bring out like 1 set of updates, they have loads of time. Like U said roll them into one like a service pack they should do this like with the windows os and wp8 is newer it should be better and more features should be added but U always find the older ones are better.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally... Someone agrees with me! I have been waiting for the 8.1 update for my Lumia 720 for weeks (perhaps one or two months) plus I have been checking for updates every day and (as you may guess) I have had no luck. I am actually thinking about installing the pre-release version of the update for my phone but I don't think this is a good idea. I could not agree more with how unhappy you are with the carrier testing taking such a long time!!!!! Why don't Microsoft send out monthly updates like they do with Windows 8 PCs and Tablets?! Well... at least I got that out of my system!

• YannickYannick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Relax, something like monthly OS updates on feature niveau can damage apps with incompatibility, every month again. It's good as it is now. Perhaps WP8.1 will get GDRs fastere.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windowsphone 8 HAVEN'T
        FİLE MANAGER
        SHORTCUTS
        BLUETOOTH SETTİNG(İf you will get 100 music or photo you have to individually agree the files.)
        Media Volume Setting
        You can't change ringtones without apps.
        The market have mess apps and games(Some games on ios and android free but here isn't)
        You can't download any files from İE and can't save anythink.
        You can't save the apps on SD Cart.
        You can't open pop up window.
        You can't choise background picture or special theme.
        AND MORE...

Smart Stay
        Voice Command(Now too bad)
        Ram cleaner
        Bluetooth Setting(Now too bad,it close itself,can't connect with other devices)
        Camera Setting(isn't enought)(Auto focus...)
        and like that.Where is the wp team listen and do why we don't use android? İf you need user (to sell your OS(phones)) listen and do like ios and android.

Anybody listen to users on wp team.Other OS too good for wp.They have:
        -Smart Stay

• johannjohann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes so true! WP OS updates come slower than symbian updates used to and they don't even change that much. What the **** ist WP8 team doing all these months! There were, and still are, good Mobile oses with important features which aren't included in WP8. MS has a lot of experience and Nokia as well + the Web is full of recommendations. Is MS blind and deaf!

• Yuan TaizongYuan Taizong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And bring backwards compatibility for Windows Mobile, the apps are lost, but you can still put all of WM into My Windows Phone.

• Jeroen BakkerJeroen Bakker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just voted. Windows Phone should get more updates. I love the device and the platform, but if they keep this lack of updates up, I will me moving a away. And I am not just a consumer, I actually intend to do some Windows Phone development.

I Agree Windows Phone Should release smaller feature rich updates to get Windows Phone marketshare up, cheaper high quality games, high quality apps, intergreation with Windows 8 and 8.1 Xbox music app to sync playlists and stuff of that nature.

I bought a Windows Phone 4 years ago with Windows Phone 7.0, to 7.5, never got 7.8 with HTC, but I understood to better the platform, I choose a Windows 8 Phone soon as I could upgrade again on at&t, which by the way is the slowest at releasing Carrier updates, (like GDR2--still waiting for approval here for my Lumia 920) Really I'd like Microsoft to be a MarketLeader and having Android, and Apple following Microsofts Lead, I know your company should have the resources to come up with some awesome things.

Hopefully at&t is first to release 8.1 when it comes out

• joejoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My voting here is to be taken more seriously than a Primary Election. If this things keep failing to show up, this Lumia 920 will be my last Windows Phone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base