Please enter your feature suggestion...

Keep the Back button

Please do not eliminate the Back button in 8.1!

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    notsirknotsirk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Klaus NjiKlaus Nji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a truely distinguishing feature of a WP. If anything, these are the types of distinguishing features that will make people curious to give WP a chance. Do not simply copy others. Listen to your user base first.

• RoboMWMRoboMWM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too second the opinion of keeping the back button. It's in the perfect position, and is extremely useful in situations where I would quickly navigate to another app (like a notification), and want to quickly move back to the app without bringing up the multitasking interface. It's also useful when I accidentally hit the Start or search button.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Developers already don't want to touch Windows Phone for the most part... This is likely scaring them away even more because it proves you're willing to go through another Windows Phone 7 - Windows Phone 8 complete transition. Developers want stability. Breaking all current apps on new hardware isn't stability. Get your acts together MSFT.

• JulesJules commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't ape Apple (just cos they were 'first' smartphone, does not mean that they are the best). Android knows the value of Back Button.

A truly dumb move to remove Back Buttons. Instead it was stupid that W8 Tablets were not specified to have a Back Button.

Back Arrow Graphics on W8 Metro Apps are plain untidy and ugly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base