Please enter your feature suggestion...

Instagram and/or Snapchat for Windows Phone 7.8

I understand that on the Windows phone 8 they have instagram(beta) and either snapchat, 6swap or apps like that. I was just wondering whether, instagram primary, could be made for the windows 7.8 model, or at least make the app available for these users. We don't have these apps, although windows phone 8 does, and the majority of new apps are being put towards these phones. There isn't a major use for it any more because the majority of the apps that I have intended on installing, aren't even available.

76 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LejlaLejla shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought Win.PH 7.8 last year, and i'm very angry, because there isn't snapchat, instagram, messenger,... If you don't make this apps for WP7.8, i've never buy new Windows Phone, because my phone is new!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally support this idea. People who had faith in Microsoft and bought WP7 just feel betrayed now. If Microsoft cared about customer loyalty they would find a way to get developers to make those apps for WP7 as well. I understand that IT companies make their own technologies obsolete to boost sales, but hey, buying a smartphone every year is too much. Other OS have reverse compatibility or a chance to update to the next level OS. I just don't trust WP anymore. Seriously, feel stuck with it. And I regret I spent that money on my windows phone. Big time.

• LudmianLudmian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's up to third-party apps' developers to decide which models to support. Many developers do decide to make use of the advantages of Windows Phone 8, but that's their decision, not Microsoft's.

Feedback and Knowledge Base