Please enter your feature suggestion...

Don't Remove Facebook Integration

I've seen rumors that Microsoft removed the Facebook Integration on it's SDK for developers. Although the Twitter is still there, there's no Facebook, similar to what you did earlier on Windows 8.1.

Whatever you do, DON'T... DON'T REMOVE THAT GREAT FEATURE FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

5,985 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    zodyloganzodylogan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Mobile GuruAdminMobile Guru (Admin, Windows Phone) responded  · 

We know that there is real passion around our social integration model, but there was a lot of frustration with its limitations as well. In Windows Phone 8.1, we moved to an app-powered model so that all of the latest features were available, even though it meant that some features, like messaging integration, were no longer supported. Check out Joe Belfiore’s response to this and more on Reddit AMA below. We will continue to innovate in this area, so please keep the suggestions coming

http://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone/comments/24jtcy/hi_im_joe_belfiore_from_the_windows_phone_team_ama/ch7vrir

189 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hamim MuhammadHamim Muhammad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows Phone 8 to make it easy to connect to facebook. I regret updating my phone. There is no longer any reason to put on windows phone.

• P3cMkrP3cMkr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well I don't use facebook any more but did add my zombie facebook account to my WP 8.1 (cyan) just to see if this is true and... it does shows up on my people's hub under "What's New" along with Twitter...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like separate apps for social updates previous integration of social sites in massaging was awesome so please don't remove it please enable it again plz plzzz

• QadirQadir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think this suggestion box app and its suggestions make a difference. Bye bye WP. Hello iphone.

• Ali HijaziAli Hijazi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is the only feature that made me buy the Lumia 920; I personally hate apps especially facebook app

• Jim LJim L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the greatest features on WP is its content/people focused and not app focused. Having to use a separate app just to reply a message is simply annoying (it happens to Messenger contacts too), and the loss of the ability to switch b/t text, Messenger, Skype and Facebook is just arghh. I find myself frequently going to my Lumia 521 (which still runs WP8) for messaging.

please restore it back, don't ignore the needs of WF users, you should see what's makes users comfortable not the other way, it's sad

it was one of the best features on WF that made it unique and special from other phones, it made me adore WF!!

• AdrianoAdriano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft could have done the opposite way. Instead of separating the applications it could integrate applications. Such as Messages, come only with support sms but when installing a third party app like Facebook he would integrate the messaging hub with the functions of the facebook chat, to install WhatsApp messages would be integrated into the hub ... Instead of separating the services should unificalos. Microsoft missed the ugly separates them

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The People Hub is severely crippled now. Clicking on a twitter post lets you comment and retweet from right there in the People Hub. Clicking on Facebook posts and ohhh... you have to go to the worthless app. Windows Phone 7's model worked perfectly. No need for a change.

I'm certain that Facebook forced this change. It mgiht be enough for me to just quit Facebook because it's a terrible experience.

• samiuudinsamiuudin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't remove face integration option itis that was the best Facebook option windows 8

How many users would it help to change Microsoft's mind? We buy the windows phone because its elegant.

The sheer individuality has died for WP. I agree. Integration centric vs. App centric ANY DAY

The unified communication/people hub was brilliant, fast, elegant, and used lesser battery & bandwidth.

• Christoffer Slott NielsenChristoffer Slott Nielsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! This was my favorite feature of wp 7.x and wp 8.0 - loved to be able to use facebook without the slow app or the ugly mobile website

Is now using Twitter instead, because it still has the integration.

Would also love to see the facebook chat back in the OS

• Dwayne RobinsonDwayne Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, 90% of my Facebook communication while on the go was through the messaging app, which nicely integrated all conversation with a given person regardless of the irrelevance of protocol (FBIM/Skype/SMS). Now it appears to only support SMS, which makes it useless when communicating with other people using desktops/laptops. You gimped it, and I don't want to have a separate app just for communication. Unified messaging was elegant.

• RyderRyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For god sake bring back fully operational HUBS. I don't want the **** you are now feeding us through 8.1 ... most depressing update ever. I was cut up when you took the gutter away in WP7 but I learned to live with it. The removal and destruction of the hub idea is not something I can get past. It's an inexcusable change to cater to the bland and uninspiring majority. Instead of following with the broken and tired concept of the app centric model, please continue to innovate and provide us with an alternative. Reinstate full featured hubs and put the focus of consumption of information back on the user.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base