Please enter your feature suggestion...

Don't Remove Facebook Integration

I've seen rumors that Microsoft removed the Facebook Integration on it's SDK for developers. Although the Twitter is still there, there's no Facebook, similar to what you did earlier on Windows 8.1.

Whatever you do, DON'T... DON'T REMOVE THAT GREAT FEATURE FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

5,331 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    zodyloganzodylogan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

171 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RyderRyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For god sake bring back fully operational HUBS. I don't want the **** you are now feeding us through 8.1 ... most depressing update ever. I was cut up when you took the gutter away in WP7 but I learned to live with it. The removal and destruction of the hub idea is not something I can get past. It's an inexcusable change to cater to the bland and uninspiring majority. Instead of following with the broken and tired concept of the app centric model, please continue to innovate and provide us with an alternative. Reinstate full featured hubs and put the focus of consumption of information back on the user.

• RyderRyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MSFT Thanks for destroying the entire paradigm of windows phone. I don't want an app centric phone, I want what I had, a phone that worked with me and for me with tight integration. There seems little reason to stay with WP now that it's been dumbed down to the Android and IOS way of doing things. Do you actually expect to keep users?

• Eugene Ewe Jinn HongEugene Ewe Jinn Hong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just Facebook. The reason why I love WP was the fact that it is Integration-Centric making it App-Centric just gave me no reason to stay as a WP User as Iphone does it way better.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That was one of the big advantages WP had compared to iOS or Android. What MS is doing now is just removing all the components that made WP so individual. If the strategy is to make user experience similar to iOS or Android I don't ser any reason to buy an other WP phone.

• SimonSimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This does really need to be brought back quickly. I used the Facebook integration for 90% of my Facebook interaction, it was brilliant. And having the messaging hub integrate with Facebook made it so easy to switch between text and Facebook. The messaging hub really should include all messaging integration, text, Facebook, Skype, IRC, Lync, AIM, BBM, etc. That would be brilliant!

There are already desktop applications that do this, so it's completely feasible!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the biggest mistake of Microsoft is removing the facebook integration. why Microsoft? why you are doing such a bad

• BenjaminBenjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It used to be before I can directly instant message through Messanging to a person's Facebook contact and switch to their SMS directly since if I had their phone and contact, Facebook would be tied in and linked - thus making messaging seamless to switch between messaging mediums.

To message SMS then switch to Facebook with the old People hub/Messaging tie in.

1. Hit the switch icon to switch to their Facebook messaging medium or back to their phone number.

2. Continue message.

Now? With 8.1, I have to take ADDITIONAL steps to get out of the Messaging area, go into Facebook's app, and find the contact on the side of my list that is online, and then send a message, OR hit the messaging icon and search/type the user's name intended to message then, and then message them.

To switch from SMS to Facebook....

1. Get out of Messaging

2. Go on the Facebook app, and have it load.

3. Select the Facebook messaging icon at the top

4. Search type or select from the list of people you intended to switch from SMS to Facebook for switching messaging medium.

5. Message them.

One of the many benefits of Windows Phone, is the ease and tie in with contacts, and ease of contacting them to any medium of choice, without extra long steps. People hub showed this.

It maybe removed now, but definitely have this back in. I am voting for such.

• Philip RauPhilip Rau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I LOVE THE REMOVAL! I'm no facebook user, so for me this functions were senseless, useless and ****.

And if I would be a facebook user: I'd be happy to have it desintegrated, because then it can be patched separately

• Steven Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY DID YOU REMOVE THIS T^T....This was an amazing feature! Many of my friends loved this since they didn't have to keep switching between messages and Facebook.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since Facebook is banned in Iran and there's no proper proxy app like hotspot shield available for WP,
        So get us back the integration.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring integration back. That was a differentiator between Windows Phone and other devices. That integration allowed my car to read me facebook messages, windows messenger messages, and text messages. Now it only reads text messages. We don't need extra emoticons or stamps or whatnots in messaging... that can be done in the individual apps. Just keep it simple and allow multiple messaging integrations in the common hub. That feature was used daily, hourly, all the time by me... and now I am stumbling between skype, messaging, and facebook to figure out what I used to talk to different contacts. It was much cleaner and preferred the integrated way.

• sinister1sinister1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, it sucks. Facebook wants everyone to use their stupid messenger app that's why we now have the **** we have now, it is so laggy and crashes all the time.

• KrunalKrunal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was a great experience. Please bring that back instead of that slow Facebook app

• KrunalKrunal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was one of the plus point of Lumia . Now to handle with that slow Facebook app. Bring that back

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base