Please enter your feature suggestion...

We do NOT want Android apps on WP

Really a horrible idea just to think about putting Android apps on the UI of Windows Phone. The UI is unique, and the apps should be as well.
The person(s) at MS coming up with this idea should be ashamed of themselves!!

8,020 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ØJØJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

302 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dr. KnowDr. Know commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i believe Android apps SHOULD be supported, but in the right way. not pulling it off correctly would kill the whole effort. imo, the way to do this correctly is to say that WP and its store now support 'open source' apps written in Java, NOT 'we now support Android Apps.' basically, we want the marketing to suggest that WP now has better support of open source and it just so happens that Android apps are built this way! then there should be a very streamlined process for submitting an existing Android app to the WP Store. MS should also make sure that the Store terms are BETTER than all other platform Stores. And as a next step, MS should release APIs that allow 'open source' apps to better take advantage of the WP experience (live tiles, etc). low friction at first to enable the transition and then small friction later to enable a more WP-like experience. if marketed correctly, i think WP only stands to gain from this. but if MS comes out with an 'Android Store' App and then the apps launch differently and run worse, then the whole effort will just suck and make WP and MS look bad. if that is the case, then MS is better off not supporting these Apps.

• ChangChenChangChen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apps are submitted by any common developers and they work really hard to put great apps as on Android. So, MS community looks only for bugs & errors, and certify it to the store. Apps are still developing for better updates. Lets wait n see :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on though! Imean if you look at the facts then having android apps helps a lot of people because there are apps on there that you cant get for a windows phone at the present time but work extremely well on all android phones so surely if it is possible to make our lives easier then that is what windows should do, right? Afterall a phone is only really there to aid our ability to communicate with others.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i totally agree. no Android on Windows Phone. Windows Phone should have more apps. ����

• Windows phone userWindows phone user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We hates android . Only windows phone if you putting android apps I break my phone ; if we wants android apps so why we buy a windows phone ???

Don't forget you are Microsoft not google .we trust Microsoft .

• noël cainnoël cain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely disagree no matter it is spinned in a positive way, android apps on windows phone discourages development of windows phone apps a 3rd eco system needs to exist although it is small a duopoly (android apple) is not good for progress innovation pricing
        You either choose to stay with windows phone and deal with the lack of apps, there are 3rd party and web browser mobile web apps or you make the decision to go to android and get an android phone. That's my opinion

• Jonathan LukeJonathan Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jonathan Luke commented · Delete…

Sorry for the repost, I had to correct a few typos...

First, I would like to say that each person is entitled to his/her own opinion, and I am not slamming anyone else's opinion. On the other hand, I hope that you also let each person have his/her own opinion in return. Now, my opinion: I understand why some people think it would be bad for business to allow Android apps on the Windows Phone appstore. Your main argument is that people will just use Android apps, so no one will ever make new apps specifically for the Windows Phone. I can see your point, but that isn't necessarily true. First, most developers would want their apps on the biggest/most popular appstore, so developers would want their apps on the Android appstore instead of the Windows Phone appstore, which leaves only small/inexperienced developers to develop for the Windows Phone appstore because there is less competition. If this cycle continues, the situation will never get better, and Windows Phones might die off due to the bad appstore. I believe that if Android apps were on the Windows Phone appstore, it would give other developers a reason to develop for Windows Phones, it would boost Windows Phone sales, encourage the growth of new features on Windows Phones, and it would make some developers want to develop apps just for the Windows Phone appstore. Clearly, this would not discourage developers from making new apps for the Windows Phone appstore, it would simply provide specialized Windows Phone apps as a compliment to regular apps. For those of you who just plain dislike Android apps, just choose not to download them. The problem with not allowing any Android apps is this: Your friend says, "Check out this cool app..." You say, "Cool, let me download that! Oh, wait a minute..." Your friend says, "Haha, your phone is so lame!" You think, "Ugh, I hate the Windows Phone appstore, next time I'm getting an Android phone." Microsoft says, "Oh well, no one likes our phones... Let's just stick to computers." The end of Windows Phones. Yes, that is exaggerated, but I have had the exact scenario above happen to me (except for Microsoft discontinuing Windows Phones). Another similar scenario is when websites or magazines recommend apps (or have apps themselves), and the apps are available on every appstore except the Windows Phone appstore. Long story short, I like the idea of having Android apps on my Windows Phone. I would actually appreciate my phone more that way. If you still disagree, a compromise could be either (a) Only allow certain (very popular) Android apps on the Windows Phone appstore, or (b) Download the Android appstore separately from the Windows Phone appstore if you want to use it (like how you can download the Amazon appstore on Androids). Again, this is only my opinion, and if your opinion is still different from mine, I respect that. Thanks!

You already have a choice, choose to go to an android phone. And leave windows phone be

• ChristianChristian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scary as ****!!! Horrible! Remember Blackberry.
        If i prefer Android and Android Apps, i buy a Android Device!
        I think if Android Apps available, no one ever create a Windows Phone App. The consequence will be that Windows phone dies.

I love my Windows Phone! I do NOT want Android Apps an WP!!!

• ANNAANNA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android Apps on WP? Good by Microsoft and Windows.

Hello Apple and MacOS

Absolutely not 100% disagree it will hurt WP app development and we might as well call our phones android phones after that.

The point is we need a third mobile operating system out there regardless if our market share is low consumers need choice, allowing android apps on windows phone will increase and perpetuate the DUOPLY that iOS and android is enjoying, Microsoft has to stay its course and continue to invest in windows phone apps FOR windows phone

• Abdullah ShafiqAbdullah Shafiq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing android apps to run on wp OS will gradually increase its market value.just ensure that the apps are virus free or not.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base