Please enter your feature suggestion...

We do NOT want Android apps on WP

Really a horrible idea just to think about putting Android apps on the UI of Windows Phone. The UI is unique, and the apps should be as well.
The person(s) at MS coming up with this idea should be ashamed of themselves!!

7,241 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ØJØJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

276 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding in Android app support would be a tremendous DISINCENTIVE for developers to create beautiful native apps for Windows Phone.

• RyderRyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terrible idea, MSFT have already destroyed the benefits of WP by dumbing it down to Android's app centric paradigm, Please stop taking this any further. Bring back better integrated OS solutions so we don't need to frequently even use apps to simply get easy things done. I want baked in OS functionality improved not deleted thanks.

• manab biswasmanab biswas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Sir, add Facebook Messanger, Hike, Viber, Skype On E5-00 Model... Please Sir, those apps already Supported on X2-00, and Asha models... But, Why Not For My E5-00. Kindly Chaqe This... Please Help Us To all E5 Symbine Users... Please Sir, yours Faithfully, Manab Biswas ( Nokia E5-00 User)

• JacoJaco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

store apps are limited, seriously we need a bigger variety especially regarding NFC apps, banking apps ect. . .

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I could vote against this I would, windows store apps are seriously lacking compared to apple or android. Its clearly visible in a wide range of apps. Windows developers are months behind apple and android

• EdwardEdward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 votes from me...if i could vote more i surely would.

Sure we want apps, but we don't want to get them from the android mkt. Want it straight from the devs, be it paid or with ads... but never from andy.

• c137c137 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@guy under me: Ported, i.e. native apps are completely OK.

However, Android emulation would be a total catastrophy.
        Here is why: http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/07/android-apps-on-windows-phone-would-be-an-ugly-capitulation/

Android Apps would never run better on WP than on Android, so why go for WP as a customer?
        Developers woulddn't develop for WP any more.
        The UI would be inconsistent.
        You could only use AOSP apps, so many known stuff from the play store would still be NOT there, see Amazon's Kindle devices.

This is really stupid not wanting android apps on WP just because of the UI. Do you know that some of the Xbox live games come from android OS and they have the highest ratings!!! Please don't upset people that want to see more of it.

• James SchaefferJames Schaeffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want this. I would rather have native apps. I will drop this platform like a bad habit if this happens.

• Davide BalloniDavide Balloni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, all things that help to make my phone better are welcome, doesn't matter their origin.... i can't heard my workmates and friend.... my phone has this....your have it? ;-)

• Masder LaerserMasder Laerser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'm the one who love Nokia and WP after MS takeover nokia well that **** coming MS will ruin everything like this!? NOPE stop do that pls MS you'll kill the Nokia brand " WE DONT NEED ANDROID APPS ON WP"

Android Apps on Windows Phone will be a tragical choice! If this happens I will be forced to change all my stuff for Apple gadgets. I like the Microsoft, but I don't like Android. Please don't turn the platform a ****. Windows Phone is on the right way, only keep going on, without Android apps...

Android Apps + Windows Phone = Só me resta comprar um iPhone...
        Não façam isso... É sério!

• farazfaraz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft seems to have lost the plot here, I wish Ballmer was in charge.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base