Please enter your feature suggestion...

We do NOT want Android apps on WP

Really a horrible idea just to think about putting Android apps on the UI of Windows Phone. The UI is unique, and the apps should be as well.
The person(s) at MS coming up with this idea should be ashamed of themselves!!

8,562 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ØJØJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

321 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it should be the other way around. Allow windows phone apps to run on Android and iOS. With the tools that are available and the plethora of resources available for windows phone development, it would be a no brainer to use these first-class IDE. Kill three birds with one bullet.

That's for sure is a bad idea, and would cause prejudice in terms of security as well.

• DD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"At the very least it would be a good idea to see witch apps can have windows phone versions made. And not for nothing in my case and others there is a android version of my phone. And I switched from Android to Windows and 8.1 to boot." I purchased a few apps on android ,one of which was a battery saver that seems to be better then the one that came with my m8(there is also a android version of the
        HTC one m8).

• DD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least it would be a good idea to see witch apps can have windows phone versions made. And not for nothing in my case and others there is a android version of my phone. And I switched from Android to Windows and 8.1 to boot.

I wouldn't like them in the windows store but would like to be able to install them as a last resort

• Shubham DaveyShubham Davey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

apps like google chrome ,battery saver ,yahoo mail ,gmail are required in windows phone too !! i disagree this ,if not needed kindly do not instal the apps .. KEEP IT UNIQUE ...!!

Don't bring Android **** to WP!!

I don't like Android coz, it looks like a TOY OR A CANDY

• vandeevandee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NO ANDROID!!! I HATE IT!! ITS ****!!!

If we want Android on our Phones, why we stay on windows???
        We could simply switch to Android right!!!

KEEP ONLY WINDOWS APPS TO SAVE WP!

• WPUVWPUV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android #1 for a reason. Most apps and most free. Kill WP like blackberry. BB and APPLE limited apps most cost money, just like WP.

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS OS and its apps are just "pure and clear". Android apps are garbage. If MS will add Android apps into WP, the whole WP will go to ****. I dont want any of the Android/Google garbage ony my WP phone!

if you don't like some of android apps....then tell the microsoft to build better apps but take for ex TTPOD is the best app on the internet for a music player Take a look on android version and then look on the windows phone version...then think of if..why they dont build TTPOD for windows phone? because windows phone has too many limitations..the chinese who developed the TTPOD app they failed building it..because of limitations..i love that app and is very good for the one who play music on their Windows phones.I recommend..if they cant do exactly same app..then build something similar with that visual effects "equalizer"

• DeanDean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows should develop a software similar to phonegap which lets developers translate their android apps to fit windows phone's ui and style

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base