Please enter your feature suggestion...

Mobile Data On/Off Option to Quick Settings!

According to the WP8.1 Beta SDK leaks, It seems there is no Mobile Data on/off option in quick settings. It's really unbelievable how would Microsoft forget to add that option! It's a really huge missing for the system and the coming update. Many people need that option. It's really interesting that Microsoft limits celluar download, brings DataSense to protect their wallet but doesn't let them to control their mobile data themselves!. Please fix this situation in the final build!

39,505 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

947 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Samuel de OliveiraSamuel de Oliveira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this suggestion. It's necessary because users need to turn on and turn off mobile data many times, mainly when they're out of a place with wifi signal. This feature would turn this very easy!

• AdamAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only person who never used WP may say that WP is slow comparing to Android. Try it first then comment. The cheapest Lumia will be faster than mid Android. I owned two mid Android and I know what I'm saying.
        Microsoft is listening the users needs, just list competed feature requests.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't ask Microsoft, he won't listen to you, the basic function of a simple feedback for a few years only add, make yourself tired. Systems on one hand and 4 years are half the beautification and the interface is ugly as **** and never Landscaping, is slow as a turtle do looks like Microsoft phone system. We discard WP of it all software including Microsoft Windows and Office are abandoned, we are into Apple or Google's embrace of, and only they treat consumers as God, arrogant Microsoft to ****, treat consumers Microsoft undead difficult, Microsoft will soon be the next Kodak!

Just got the windows 8.1 release today and this feature is still missing. Having a Quick Setting to turn mobile data on/off would be really great.

Don't ask Microsoft, he won't listen to you, the basic function of a simple feedback for a few years only add, make yourself tired. Systems on one hand and 4 years are half the beautification and the interface is ugly as **** and never Landscaping, is slow as a turtle do looks like Microsoft phone system. We discard WP of it all software including Microsoft Windows and Office are abandoned, we are into Apple or Google's embrace of, and only they treat consumers as God, arrogant Microsoft to ****, treat consumers Microsoft undead difficult, Microsoft will soon be the next Kodak!

Quick settings mean Quick settings. We should be able to add what we like or at least the most common settings (yes, data on/off) to the "Notification Center".

• DevangDevang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Data manager is required to restrict or allow data for required apps, to save mobile data. some times all we need to use is whatsapp and for that we cant allow it to sync mail or check for updates or update news. Though individually we have options, but a grouped one would be much better and liked among many. Thanks!!!

• AdarshaAdarsha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem with current DataSence and WhatsApp duo is if Data sence is throttleing when the limit is reached, WhatsApp will not even open evenm on WiFi. Then you need to go to setting, turn off Data, and WahtApp is happy to open. We need Cellular toggle so badly.

• Vuvuzela NayeemVuvuzela Nayeem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get rid of flight mode data toggle and replace with mobile data on/off toggle. Most people need the data on/off more on a daily basis than the flight mode toggle. It's only logical. Thank you!

• ChgiChgi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok.. Data Sense does not disable Mobile Data when the limit is reached.. and we neither have a short-cut in the Action Bar.. are you kidding?

• vrata56vrata56 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature was the only reason I wanted action bar in Windows 8.1, but it is missing. Not everyone have unlimited mobille data plan, especially in Europe. Microsoft, please add this.

I agree with this idea. I love WP8.1, but I was disappointed when I saw that this option is missing in quick settings. I hope to see it in the next update! :)

• KévinKévin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe the Anonymous could stop posting the exact same message everywhere. We understood that you hate WP. Now, shut up.

I don't know what you Microsoft folks do? Is it a TOO BIG feature to be added and you like to watch people spending their votes for just a small feature? Wake up Microsoft. It was ought to be present in the very first version of dev preview. And you have launched several updates since then and you keep ignoring this. Do you even bother to read what people need? And then you cry why you have so low market share. The fact is that you don't listen to us.

• Kam FungKam Fung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why Airplane mode toggle is chosen over Data On/Off.

I am 100% more people will need Data On/Off than Airplane mode. How many people will take plane everyday?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48

Feedback and Knowledge Base