Please enter your feature suggestion...

Do not change Photos Hub style in Windows Phone 8.1

Please do not remove the panorama style of the photos hub currently implemented on Windows Phone 8. This is one of the few things which distinguishes the Windows Phone platform from other OS's. The new pictures app in 8.1 is just a pivot app and is disappointedly lacking in design, compared to what we have currently. At least include an option to add a background picture.

6,390 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LukeLuke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

94 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tamir OrbachTamir Orbach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS, long time WP fan and ex-MS employee. Please, please bring back the WP8 phone hub. The ability to create groups like Family, and see all their photos in one place was unbeatable. I convinced several friends to get a WP just because of this. While you're at it, please bring back the native FB messaging to a contact. That type of 'object-oriented' approach rather than the functional approach of opening apps for everything you need to do is what made the WP so easy to learn. So many good changes to 8.1, but so many more that are bad.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't ask Microsoft, he won't listen to you, the basic function of a simple feedback for a few years only add, make yourself tired. Systems on one hand and 4 years are half the beautification and the interface is ugly as **** and never Landscaping, is slow as a turtle do looks like Microsoft phone system. We discard WP of it all software including Microsoft Windows and Office are abandoned, we are into Apple or Google's embrace of, and only they treat consumers as God, arrogant Microsoft to ****, treat consumers Microsoft undead difficult, Microsoft will soon be the next Kodak!

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes very true, i miss the panorama photo hub so much my daughters mom also complained about it.

• Cao CuongCao Cuong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very disappointed with windows phone 8.1 because I can not customize the photos hub background like what I could do with windows phone 8. How can I restore that function!

• James SJames S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to say, whoever decided to make that change must want Windows Phone to actively fail miserably. Just restore the Photo Hub already.

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. New photo hub is dull and lacking. Especially the integration with OneDrive which has little understanding of structure. Why do I make folders if you plan on jamming them in a subfolder and make empty folders pinned to the main screen?

No user customization, no background image, mediocre integration.

• ram kusmaram kusma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why the **** wp is going behind those stupid ios & android type of app centric interface..which sucks... why wp undermining its innovative hub centric interface which is loved by many... I'm not goin downgrade to 8.1 unless and until you ppl bring back the lovely music+video ,photo hub ,n the social hub... If u remove it, derz no less time to for windows phones to be eliminated completely.... FOR GOD SAKE RETAIN ALL THOSE WONDERFUL HUBS IN 8.1. OR ELSE WP IS GONE..PLZZZZZZ !!!!!! LISTEN TO US.. WE NEED HUBS!!!

Don't ask Microsoft, he won't listen to you, the basic function of a simple feedback for a few years only add, make yourself tired. Systems on one hand and 4 years are half the beautification and the interface is ugly as **** and never Landscaping, is slow as a turtle do looks like Microsoft phone system. We discard WP of it all software including Microsoft Windows and Office are abandoned, we are into Apple or Google's embrace of, and only they treat consumers as God, arrogant Microsoft to ****, treat consumers Microsoft undead difficult, Microsoft will soon be the next Kodak!

• noël cainnoël cain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed I would rather have the panoramic view back now that I automatically am sent to camera roll my next click is albums because I personally use or go to my saved or screen shot folder a lot almost as much as the camera roll, and if it wasn't broke before don't fix it, just cause the #s said otherwise doesn't mean they should have taken it away I didn't hear anyone complaining about it

• kamikazekamikaze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know Microsoft's research shows that users almost always go straight to the camera roll when going into the Photos hub. The tradeoff is between saving one tap and having an ugly, plain screen, versus having to tap once but via a beautiful panoramic background.

Imo, photos are about personalization and emotion, not efficiency. The panoramic background really makes the Photos experience feel great, and personalized for you. Having it go straight to the camera roll may be slightly more efficient, but it degrades the experience and misses the point.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know where Microsoft gets ask these ideas from... They have user voice to look at but they are doing the opposite... I think this site is a room they created for us to blabber ask or whinings but their office it's actually in the other building, far from this room so that they will not actually hear our shouts hahaha

The ****** photos app always gets me "gosh did i take this photo??? Oh it was saved from 9gag, i always forget... It's MIXED"

• RyderRyder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the hubs, and tight UI integration. Bring back to the stylised and beautiful UI that attracted me to this phone since WP7. The ideas developed and enhanced since Zune have now been watered down to an unacceptable shadow of their former design innovation and intent. If you want people to stay with WP you had been take a look at where it's headed because it appears to be loosing its way fast. Bring back the hub paradigm in all its glory please!

• Go4iTGo4iT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The photo hub in WP 8.1 is customizable, and you can set your own custom photo as a background.

AGREE, e.g. Photo App at WP8 was very pretty by using a background picture. In WP8.1 the same app is boaring black and white...

• PascalPascal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah.. And I really miss the directly upload for OneDrive. Before there was the possibilty to save it with a description directly in OneDrive. And it not anymore possilbe to check the informations to the pictures as before.

• ram kusmaram kusma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Photo hub is total different from another OS. so it should be back. otherwise what is different between WP and other OS.

the features that defined wp I show people and the're always impressed how fresh it looks someone asked to show their friend but I couldn't

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base