Please enter your feature suggestion...

Do not change Photos Hub style in Windows Phone 8.1

Please do not remove the panorama style of the photos hub currently implemented on Windows Phone 8. This is one of the few things which distinguishes the Windows Phone platform from other OS's. The new pictures app in 8.1 is just a pivot app and is disappointedly lacking in design, compared to what we have currently. At least include an option to add a background picture.

5,104 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LukeLuke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

80 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AGREE, e.g. Photo App at WP8 was very pretty by using a background picture. In WP8.1 the same app is boaring black and white...

• PascalPascal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah.. And I really miss the directly upload for OneDrive. Before there was the possibilty to save it with a description directly in OneDrive. And it not anymore possilbe to check the informations to the pictures as before.

• ram kusmaram kusma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Photo hub is total different from another OS. so it should be back. otherwise what is different between WP and other OS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the features that defined wp I show people and the're always impressed how fresh it looks someone asked to show their friend but I couldn't

• Ari FaiqAri Faiq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes !!! Please bring it back like the old one !!!.. I hate the new people hub because ita look like android... !!! Im bored with android, so thats why i choose wp,, then in wp 8.1 why it should be look like android too???

Should i switch to jolla ?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why the **** wp is going behind those stupid ios & android type of app centric interface..which sucks... why wp undermining its innovative hub centric interface which is loved by many... I'm not goin downgrade to 8.1 unless and until you ppl bring back the lovely music+video ,photo hub ,n the social hub... If u remove it, derz no less time to for windows phones to be eliminated completely.... FOR GOD SAKE RETAIN ALL THOSE WONDERFUL HUBS IN 8.1. OR ELSE WP IS GONE..PLZZZZZZ !!!!!! LISTEN TO US.. WE NEED HUBS!!!

Why the **** wp is going behind those stupid ios & android type of app centric interface..which sucks... why wp undermining its innovative hub centric interface which is loved by many... I'm not goin downgrade to 8.1 unless and until you ppl bring back the lovely music+video ,photo hub ,n the social hub... If u remove it, derz no less time to for windows phones to be eliminated completely.... FOR GOD SAKE RETAIN ALL THOSE WONDERFUL HUBS IN 8.1. OR ELSE WP IS GONE..PLZZZZZZ !!!!!! LISTEN TO US.. WE NEED HUBS!!!

• VINRULEZVINRULEZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

USB ON THE GO feature is embedded in the snapdragon s4 chip,just needed a os link between the chip,like they bring the fm radio in the gdr2 update, Please vote for this feature in Windows Phone suggestion Box here, http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/4699337-need-usb-on-the-go-otg-in-windows-phone

Pls refer the following figure for clarification http://i.imgur.com/ckHPtAa.jpg

http://agyatlabs.blogspot.in/2014/04/if-windows-phone-will-get-otg-support.html?m=1

• MKMK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved the old photos hub because it felt like a photo studio on my phone. All my photo related apps were available in one place. The background was one of the features which made WP 'The most personal smartphone'. These were the little things which people liked & that is why they bought WP. But now it looks more like Android & IOS which is boring. Please be original Microsoft.

• lavidboyslavidboys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a few things that I dislike about wp8.1. The updates until now have been great and welcomed. The key features that attracted me to WP was the deep integration with other services. The new picture hub is horrible I loved the the way all my photos from FB and OneDrive appeared in the hub. I love the podcast hub but it should be in the Xbox music hub. I'm unable to check in the me hub, I really dislike opening other apps to check in. Windows phone was a efficient OS this update is a step backwards, please add back some of the features that were lost or wp8.1 will be no different than the competition by having a different app for every **** function.

• KORBEN DALLASKORBEN DALLAS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THE SIMPLE & PANORAMIC VIEW FROM PHOTOS HUB, MUSIC HUB & CONTACTS HUB + SOCIAL, AS WELL AS THE FIRST VERSION OF FACEBOOK APP; WERE THE MAIN IDENTITY IN WP 7 & 8. TOGETHER WITH A GUI BASED IN TEXTS AND WONDERFUL LIVE TILE.

AND WAS LIKE LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT TO MEET WP.
        I LOVED INSTANTLY.

8.1 REQUIRED TO PUT MANY FEATURES AND HAVE LOST THE BEAUTY, ORIGINALITY AND MAGIC.
        LOOKS LIKE A PHONE WITH ANDROID.

IMPROVE, IMPROVE BUT NOT LOSE THE MAGIC, PLEASE. WP 8 BRAND A STYLE AND A TREND. DO NOT TURN OFF.

• wetworkerwetworker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please bring back the photos hub. Windows Phone is becoming boring like IOS and Android with these static pages. Who cares if some people down't use most of it. I do. Or give us the ability to turn off features. in the Photo hub.Music + Video and peoples hub.

The Hub feature of WP is why I love this platform.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base